Is He the Messiah? Or Just a Naughty Boy

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
bowzer
Top Up Player

Post by bowzer »

his pretty much identical to the way lloyd use to play except he IS lazy at times but at the same time he DOES do alot of leading, i think its more of a confidence thing?. It's sorta ridiculous that sheeds doesn't play him out of the square and instead chooses to start him in the middle of the forward 50 where he finds himself leading up the wings and over shooting leads and getting caught out 25 metres away from where the ball is being kicked and ends up having to chase empty hopes.

If anything CJ should be plonked in the goal square (utilising his strength and long leads) with Lucas starting in the middle of the forward 50 with Lloyd playing his new captains game up the ground and lurking around the forward 50. CJ and Lucas should be working together creating false leads and opening up room for one another or providing TWO leads giving the Midfielders options instead of being incredibly one dimensional and kicking to Lucas every single time.

thats my opinion anyway, perhaps i'll ring sheeds tommorow and tell him :lol:
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

BenDoolan wrote:
Essendon4eva wrote:Our medfielders are the reaosn Johns hasn't been effective. With lloyd and Lucas in the side, that group try adn get them the ball. When Lloyd is out they all try and get Lucas the ball, because it s in thier mind that he is our only goal kicker.

At the end of the day the medfield group doesn't have faith in Johns.
Perhaps they are under instruction. Have you thought of that?
Then I guess they need to learn that you don't have to did it every time. Would you accept it if Johns was open one-on-one in the square, but a player kicked to Lucas 2 or 3 on 1 and said "Sheeds said to look for Lucas'?

the idea is to find the best option and sometimes its not Lucas. If its coaches instruction to kick to him each time, we may aswell not even pick a second tall when Lloyd is out.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Essendon4eva wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:
Essendon4eva wrote:Our medfielders are the reaosn Johns hasn't been effective. With lloyd and Lucas in the side, that group try adn get them the ball. When Lloyd is out they all try and get Lucas the ball, because it s in thier mind that he is our only goal kicker.

At the end of the day the medfield group doesn't have faith in Johns.
Perhaps they are under instruction. Have you thought of that?
Then I guess they need to learn that you don't have to did it every time. Would you accept it if Johns was open one-on-one in the square, but a player kicked to Lucas 2 or 3 on 1 and said "Sheeds said to look for Lucas'?

the idea is to find the best option and sometimes its not Lucas. If its coaches instruction to kick to him each time, we may aswell not even pick a second tall when Lloyd is out.
Are you suggesting that John's hasn't had an opportunity to take marks and kick goals? Are you suggesting that no player has been looking for him? Then how has he kicked 5 goals? He has had less of an opportunity to take marks simply because the supply will generally go to Lucas or Lloyd. These guys are the leaders of our forward line, therefore, around 90% of the time, the ball will be directed to either of those two. If Johns makes a lead and is out on his own, the ball would be directed his way.

So, you're running down the wing with the ball, what would be you're first intention?
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

citizenerased wrote:Lucas Johns lovett
Monfries Lloyd MJ

any reason that forward line cant work. Lucas and Johns have the ability to push up, much like richo fev and hall do.
I disagree that Johns can push up the ground. Either his body is too big, he doesn't have the mototr, or a combination of both, but the games where he tries to push up the ground early, he tires himself out. If he has a position its in the goalsquare.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.