Licha: the things you don't know.

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Well, this is the sort of stuff no-one knows what influence Quinn has behind the scenes. Sometomes a player's attitude can affect their susceptibilty to injury (as this case points out). Quinn can only do so much, the rest is up to the player to have the right attitude to succeed.

Nice article from Caroline Wilson too.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

A very good article.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Reminded me a little of the David Hille story. Interesting stuff indeed.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Re: Licha: the things you don't know.

Post by Rossoneri »

Brilliant article!

Essendon as a "whole", our work for charity and the general public is nothing short of "sensational" (those with a better vocabulary than me can think of a stronger word). It make syou proud knowing just how much the club has done for people less fortunate than most others. $15million is a f****** lot of money and to to all that for charities and not expect a thank you is a credit to the club and its administrators.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
bowzer
Top Up Player

Post by bowzer »

jimmyc1985 wrote:Reminded me a little of the David Hille story. Interesting stuff indeed.
what was hille's story?
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

bowzer wrote:
jimmyc1985 wrote:Reminded me a little of the David Hille story. Interesting stuff indeed.
what was hille's story?
My memories of it are somewhat sketchy so someone can correct me if i'm wrong, but basically he was in the back of a car with his mates on a joy ride when he was in high school, they were in a serious accident and a number of the car's occupants were killed.

Took him a long time to get over it.
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

Good on him, this is why I have great respect for Quinn - the work he does with the players behind the scenes, Lovett comes to mind, Hirdy to a lesser degree as well.

I think many of us have been where Winder was, fantastic for him to have taken responsibility for himself (with encouragement).
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

jimmyc1985 wrote:
bowzer wrote:
what was hille's story?
My memories of it are somewhat sketchy so someone can correct me if i'm wrong, but basically he was in the back of a car with his mates on a joy ride when he was in high school, they were in a serious accident and a number of the car's occupants were killed.

That was pretty much the story. The driver of the car (not Hille) didn't have his license and his parents were either out or on holidays so he took the car for a drive with a few mates and put it round a tree.

I remember watching a interview that he did specifically on this incident when i was back in high school. It was obvious that the incident still affected him at that time. (It was a really good interview that isn't well known, it really gave an insight on what he had to deal with that no doubt a number of people have to but don't see the light of day)
Last edited by dom_105 on Mon May 21, 2007 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Very good article...it's always good to hear more of the behind the scenes stuff that the club and players are doing.

As Rosso said, it makes you proud to support such a great club
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

great read, hope he continues his development and become a 200+ gamers for our club
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Caro is still a fvckwit
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

dom_105 wrote:
jimmyc1985 wrote:
bowzer wrote:
what was hille's story?

That was pretty much the story. The driver of the car (not Hille) didn't have his license and his parents were either out or on holidays so he took the car for a drive with a few mates and put it round a tree.

I remember watching a interview that he did specifically on this incident when i was back in high school. It was obvious that the incident still effectived him at that time. (It was a really good interview that isn't well known, it really gave an insight on what he had to deal with that no doubt a number of people have to but don't see the light of day)
That was about it. I knew everyone in that car. Me and Hilley went to school together.
David also pulled one of his mates out of the car with severe burns to his legs and, I understand, tried to save the others.
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.