Geelong V Fremantle

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Geelong V Fremantle

Post by swoodley »

While all of you lucky buggers were at the game, watching it on TV or listening to it on the radio, I was "lucky" enough to be able to watch Geelong beat the shockers.

Fremantle were bloody terrible today and the margin flattered them. If not for the efforts of Peter Bell who kicked 3 goals in the last quarter, they would have been smashed.

Harvey will be getting ready for his senior coaching debut if Freo continue to play like they did today.

Meanwhile, Geelong continue to improve and appeared to be playing a very even team oriented game. They were even kicking the ball long into the forward line :shock:

Freo give me the impression that they are repeating their mistakes of 2004 when after making the finals the previous year, they just thought that improvement would happen and they would take the next step.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
2QIK4U
On the Rookie List

Post by 2QIK4U »

How did Solly go? I heard a snippet that he had a shocker...can anyone confirm?
"..computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. "

Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc. 1989
bomberflyer
Top Up Player

Post by bomberflyer »

12 touches.
Coach singled him out for his forward line defensive pressure...15 tackles
But...they're playing him in a foreign position as a forward...as I said...a defensive forward.

IMO I don't think many of Freo's players are playing well.
No.1 Fan of Alwyn and his Band of Brothers.

2008 Mission: Operation Aaron Davey
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

They've got 8 of their last 14 at Subiaco so they'll make the 8, but they'd better pick up their away form pretty quickly if they want to remain in contention to finish in the top 4.

The reason why i didn't rate Freo as a realistic Premiership chance going into this season is because they still suck away from Subiaco. And if you look at who and where they won those 10 games on the trot last year (20/20 hindsight i know, but anyway) you'd come to the realisation that they probably entered this season as slightly overrated.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

2QIK4U wrote:How did Solly go? I heard a snippet that he had a shocker...can anyone confirm?
He laid some very good tackles and had some good touches that set Pavlich up for a couple of shots on goal.

Not in their best but nowhere near their worst
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Bomber_Fan
On the Rookie List

Post by Bomber_Fan »

jimmyc1985 wrote:They've got 8 of their last 14 at Subiaco so they'll make the 8, but they'd better pick up their away form pretty quickly if they want to remain in contention to finish in the top 4.

The reason why i didn't rate Freo as a realistic Premiership chance going into this season is because they still suck away from Subiaco. And if you look at who and where they won those 10 games on the trot last year (20/20 hindsight i know, but anyway) you'd come to the realisation that they probably entered this season as slightly overrated.
Not too mention they lost to Essendon this season. They can't beat Essendon and they think they were top 4 material. Yeah right...
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

jimmyc1985 wrote:They've got 8 of their last 14 at Subiaco so they'll make the 8, but they'd better pick up their away form pretty quickly if they want to remain in contention to finish in the top 4.
Not necessarily. One of those games is against West Coke, so that would reduce that to 7. Having only won three games so far, that gives them ten wins.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!