Can we create a Slattery fan club.

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

He was fantastic yesterday he's always been a tough and rugged player but he truly exuded that yesterday, he will be the Damien Peverill of the next generation, what I mean by that is the in and under packs getting the ball out of packs sort of player, just to clear that up so the Peverill haters don't jump on me lol. He was great Damien Peverill yesterday and he has always been a good player just his bad performances are highly noted more than his good games. But back to Slattery he should be a 10 year player for us.
Sartorius
Club Captain

Post by Sartorius »

I'd join!

He was fantastic yesterday and has been in the games he has played this year. Will become a very good tagger, along with Mcveigh. Great engine and fantastic at putting pressure on. As he gets more experience he will begin to get more of the ball and become even more damaging running off his player.
ZRS
Regular Senior Player

Post by ZRS »

i was very impressed with him yesterday, so hard at it, and body on the line, and didn't do anything silly or undisiplined, just the right mix of courage and aggression
48.2 sismis to ZRS, SIX, ???!!! Its coming towards the commentary box Im leaving!!!
48.3 sismis to ZRS, FOUR, Who needs Bradman when weve got ZRS
48.4 sismis to ZRS, FOUR, Brillian cover drive by ZRS
48.6 sismis to ZRS, SIX, Display of Raw power and brutality by ZRS
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Just keeps it simple. Doesnt try and be flashy or anything, juts does what is required and then goes home. Exactly what is needed at oru club and very similiar to the champion player he looks like (O'donnell)
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

I thought a great moment for him was when he was running back deep in the defensive 50 in Lions sandwich, and managed to get his hand up and knock the ball out of play. 2 on 1 with the ball coming in pretty well for the Lions boys and Slats took the honours. Licha ran over and gave him a good old scruff of the hair.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

We need the likes of Slattery in the team.....just quietly going about his business and getting the job done. Very solid player, much in the mould of a Grenvold
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

He looks like he is from the 80's with his body shape. The no nonsense stuff is also good.
JimboC
Top Up Player

Post by JimboC »

I'll join....

He's my favourite player now that Solly's gone....

Honest, consistent and disciplined in his approach every week...
Koala
Champion of Essendon

Post by Koala »

we've had a Slattery fan club since he came to Essendon - "The Slattery Seven"!!
Koala
Champion of Essendon

Post by Koala »

the more fan clubs the better - he's worth it!
bueller
High Draft Pick

Post by bueller »

Rossoneri wrote:Just keeps it simple. Doesnt try and be flashy or anything, juts does what is required and then goes home. Exactly what is needed at oru club and very similiar to the champion player he looks like (O'donnell)
Funny you say that as i was at the game and saw him up close on the scoreboard after a great spoil in the 2nd half and i thought "f*** he looks like O'Donnell" - and a few seconds later the bloke next to us said the same thing!
I must admit i questioned his inclusion before this game but after watching the way he went about it - i won't be doing that again.
"your'e like a girl standing out the front of a chemist…..Too scared to go in and get the pill!"