Campo

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

Western Red wrote:I can pick plenty of holes in that list on current form Staggy:

Cousins - Not better than Stanton as not playing
Coughlan - the same
N Brown - the same
Buckley - the same
N Stevens - the same

And Stanton is better than these blokes on current form:

N Lappin
P Haselby
Akermanis
M Murphy
M Lappin
A Embley (biggest seagull to ever pull on a jumper!!)
S Burns

Better find another dozen mate.
You picked holes in a list of 40? I'm shocked!

Please don't make me find another 12, 40 was difficult enough...... I am happy with my 28... :)
Western Red
Regular Senior Player

Post by Western Red »

The point being is that a lot of people are seriously undervaluing Stants at the moment.
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

Western Red wrote:The point being is that a lot of people are seriously undervaluing Stants at the moment.
Agree.
bombers_rock
High Draft Pick

Post by bombers_rock »

robrulz5 wrote:I don't see all the fuss about Judd. Yeah he is a good player but his teammates block for him 10 metres off the ball so he is always 10 metres on his own when he gets the ball.
Fair point you make. I mean, where was Judd for the majority of their game at the Cattery? From what I heard (only listened towards the end of the match), it wasn't until then he actually started doing something.

Having said that, I guess it's a trait of the good teams. They "protect" their match winners, their A-class players. I mean, it would be pretty biased to say when Sir James was at his absolute, match-winning best (not saying he's lost anything) he looked better because he had the backing of teammates who knew "he's got the ball, let's give him space, he'll do something good with it."

Credit where credit's due, Judd is a good player, you have to be good to win the Brownlow. (Except maybe if you're Nathan Buckley and Eddie McGuire buys it for you. :P)
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

******* surely you are not serious saying that Judd is anything but a superstar wtf??

If you are not taking the piss then you are on the wrong forum!!!
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

robrulz5 wrote:I don't see all the fuss about Judd. Yeah he is a good player but his teammates block for him 10 metres off the ball so he is always 10 metres on his own when he gets the ball.
That's a good one :lol:!
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

As good a player as he is it is made alot easier being so far away from an opponent.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

robrulz5 wrote:As good a player as he is it is made alot easier being so far away from an opponent.
Leg speed and acceleration will do that!
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

It's simple really

Judd = Best Player in Comp
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

f*** him off. Now. f****** lazy bludger who is heinously slow. Stands 4 metres away from a player who's taken a mark yelling "kick it to me, kick it to me!" when he's in a worse position. Runs behind players to get the cheap, meaningless possession. Gives donuts.

So far past it that's it's not even mildly amusing.
dingus
Regular Senior Player

Post by dingus »

I agree with the stooge.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

So do I he nearly lost us the game with his indecision but was just lucky that 3 tigers players all tripped over themselves trying to tackle him.

I can not work out why he is in the team when we have plenty of kids waiting in the wings??
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

bomberdonnie wrote:So do I he nearly lost us the game with his indecision but was just lucky that 3 tigers players all tripped over themselves trying to tackle him.

I can not work out why he is in the team when we have plenty of kids waiting in the wings??
What you probably can't see on TV is what i've described.

Half a dozen or more times tonight after one of our blokes had taken a mark, Campo would stand no more than 15 metres to the side (or even slightly behind the player) screaming for the ball. Thankfully he was ignored most times.

What the f***?! Why don't you run to position you f****** lazy bludger? How dare you even ask for the ball!

He gave new meaning to the word 'useless'.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

jimmyc1985 wrote:
bomberdonnie wrote:So do I he nearly lost us the game with his indecision but was just lucky that 3 tigers players all tripped over themselves trying to tackle him.

What you probably can't see on TV is what i've described.

Half a dozen or more times tonight after one of our blokes had taken a mark, Campo would stand no more than 15 metres to the side (or even slightly behind the player) screaming for the ball. Thankfully he was ignored most times.

What the f***?! Why don't you run to position you f****** lazy bludger? How dare you even ask for the ball!

He gave new meaning to the word 'useless'.
You are right Jim I didnt see that on TV but it now makes me even more pissed that this scum imposter can take up room in my beloved team.

I dont often bag players and generally get stuck into posters that do but be fooked what is his deal??
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Ok thanks for pointing that out.

That's when we start getting stagnant and we chip around and lose possession... and hand them an easy goal.

Perhaps next week Hislop should play instead of Campo?
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

I actually reckon Campo is the smartest player in football at the moment.

He is getting $100k per effective disposal.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Gee, what's the big surprise? That's how he's played his whole career!

While he was OK last week, he looked incredibly slow tonight. Not up to it anymore.
pear
On the Rookie List

Post by pear »

BenDoolan wrote:Gee, what's the big surprise? That's how he's played his whole career!

While he was OK last week, he looked incredibly slow tonight. Not up to it anymore.
Agree 100%. P*ss him back off to Carlton. At one stage at the start of the last qtr he tried to go the heavy with one of the young Richmond guys. Yeah right, what a he-man. Only problem was, as soon as the ball went down that end the RFC bloke just cruised away from Camp-Oh! and got an easy possession that ended up in Rich-Oh's arms.
Bleeding for the red and black
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Where are those people who said when he first turned up at the club that they could npt wait to see him put it on the chest of Lloyd 5 or 6 times a game?

He hasn't played that much with Lloyd given Lloyd's injury last year, but his disposal has been shithouse and he has not had possessions near the 50 enough to do it anyway.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.