Thank god...

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Dont worry about Lloydy, he is coming back real well. His hands tonight were fantastic and he was crashing the packs again.

Its like a machine that is cranking up to get started. His marking and leading are coming back to him, his kicking will come back to him very soon I reckon.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

In any other era that would have been a mark, play on, GOAL!

Thank Christ, Allah, Buddah and Hird that it finally went our way!

Watching Sheedy spit Fire and Brimstone at three quater time, and looking at the reaction of our boys (and the crowd) when Macca snagged the goal to bring us level.

Bones, bones - I've got a feelin' in my bones!
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

hop wrote:In any other era that would have been a mark, play on, GOAL!

Thank Christ, Allah, Buddah and Hird that it finally went our way!

Watching Sheedy spit Fire and Brimstone at three quater time, and looking at the reaction of our boys (and the crowd) when Macca snagged the goal to bring us level.

Bones, bones - I've got a feelin' in my bones!
How good was that goal! My wife nearly had kittens when I was jumping around the lounge room yelling about that kick! Great goal from outside 50.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
bombers_rock
High Draft Pick

Post by bombers_rock »

Was anyone having trouble with BT mid to late afternoon? It was extremely slow to me, particularly when trying to post. I just gave up in the end. Just me, or did others experience the same? Seems ok now though.
Lloyd is King wrote:We never deserved that win.

The rule is a disgrace.

Kevin Bartlett should be lynched for defending that stupid rule.
Are you ever satisfied? Seems like regardless of whether we win or lose you find something to whinge or be unhappy about.

As others have said, we were the better team for the majority of the night and did DESERVE the win. In recent years we've lost too many of these close ones, its about time some started going our way. And, as I've said, I think it's the times when Richmond had the momentum, were in control and converted better than us that overshadows the rest of the match.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

bombers_rock wrote:Was anyone having trouble with BT mid to late afternoon? It was extremely slow to me, particularly when trying to post. I just gave up in the end. Just me, or did others experience the same? Seems ok now though.

The rule is a disgrace.

Are you ever satisfied? Seems like regardless of whether we win or lose you find something to whinge or be unhappy about.
You get used to it after a while.
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
Lloyd is King
Champion of Essendon

Post by Lloyd is King »

Rossoneri wrote:
bombers_rock wrote:Was anyone having trouble with BT mid to late afternoon? It was extremely slow to me, particularly when trying to post. I just gave up in the end. Just me, or did others experience the same? Seems ok now though.

The rule is a disgrace.

Accept it. I love being critical. Several people have told me I'd make a good journalist.

And just because I'm unhappy about the state of the game, doesn't mean I'm not satisfied with a win.

I'm just being objective. I don't feel we were any good at all last night. I had accepted in the final quarter that we would lose. We won. Great. A pleasant surprise. But Richmond have every right to be angry.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Lloyd is King wrote:

The rule is a disgrace.

Accept it. I love being critical. Several people have told me I'd make a good journalist.

And just because I'm unhappy about the state of the game, doesn't mean I'm not satisfied with a win.

I'm just being objective. I don't feel we were any good at all last night. I had accepted in the final quarter that we would lose. We won. Great. A pleasant surprise. But Richmond have every right to be angry.
Dont lie, you accepted in the 1st quarter that we would lose.
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
Lloyd is King
Champion of Essendon

Post by Lloyd is King »

Having a feeling we might lose is different to accepting we would lose.

:wink:
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

Lloyd is King wrote:
Rossoneri wrote:

The rule is a disgrace.

100% agree.
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

Felt sorry for richo...thought the free may have been there, but the replay to me was more a hold out that goes on all the time and more to the side than the back...but the 50 was definately harsh...with the crowd carrying on, I certainly don't think Richo heard a thing...
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

I`ve never felt so flat after such a close win. The combination of terrible umpiring, shithouse goal kicking and the thought of losing to Richmond had me feeling sick.

By the end when we finally won I just kinda shrugged my shoulders and got on here to see what everyone else thought. I was surprised (but glad) to see the players celebrating so much, because I thought they may have felt like I did.

The rule changes are destroying the game...and for Bartlett, Gieschen and the AFL to come out every week and say "no, we are right" is just disgusting...they need to clear out the lot of them and start again.