sydney...its our final...lets have em...

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
tom9779
Club Captain

sydney...its our final...lets have em...

Post by tom9779 »

i think this saturday night, is the EFC first 'final' of the year.

we have won some good games at home, but if we beat the swans at the SCG....well i reckon it puts a message out to the comp that the dons are back for finals footy.

i think we are a chance....thoughts? start of the year most people would have said...tom...your dreamin......

we play ok at the SCG....its a winnable game....
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Re: sydney...its our final...lets have em...

Post by Rossoneri »

tom9779 wrote:i think this saturday night, is the EFC first 'final' of the year.

we have won some good games at home, but if we beat the swans at the SCG....well i reckon it puts a message out to the comp that the dons are back for finals footy.

i think we are a chance....thoughts? start of the year most people would have said...tom...your dreamin......

No wonder why we havent played in september for three years. We keep playing our finals in June.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

We do play ok up there, but ill start previewing the game once I let this win sink in.

However, Bolton will come in which will force me to spew up.
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

Rossoneri wrote:
tom9779 wrote:i think this saturday night, is the EFC first 'final' of the year.

No wonder why we havent played in september for three years. We keep playing our finals in June.
i don;t care....its the one EFC game i get to guaranteed a year(living in this northern shit hole, with its beautiful women, beaches and the rest....).

i would like nothing better than an essendon win, with fletcher and michael doing the job on hall, just like we did to brown two weeks ago....

it would be heaven.
bombers_rock
High Draft Pick

Post by bombers_rock »

I think the boys should treat every game as a final. Think of it as potentially being our last match of the season.
Well, not sure about finals footy, but it will certainly keep us in the running, particularly leading into a home game against the Eagles, who seem to be losing a little shine.

Well, I always think we're a chance to win any match, even if it's not with a great deal of confidence. Had Sydney lost to the Bulldogs today... I'd have a little more confidence. I'm not going to write us off completely as, I agree, we do play alright at the SCG. If we stick with them for most of the game (give them no more than a 1-2 goal lead) and with some confidence coming out of a close, hard-fought victory against Richmond and an early-season interstate win against Adelaide, we could pull it off. Having said that, if we give them any more than 3 or 4 goals, particularly going into the final term, I think we'll struggle.

Carn the Bombers!! Pull off the "impossible".
Lloyd is King
Champion of Essendon

Post by Lloyd is King »

I thought Sydney were starting to fall off the perch a few weeks ago. But their drubbing at the hands of St Kilda may have been just a minor glich as last week they flogged Port and today they flogged the Doggies.

We like the free flowing footy, Sydney don't. They might just choke the whole thing up and frustrate us into error.

We don't play too badly at Telstra Stadium so we are a chance. It just depends on which Essendon turns up.

The good Essendon turned up last week, the s*** Essendon turned up last night, so the good Essendon is due to turn up on Saturday.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

We are playing at the SCG, where we play better than at Telstra Stadium.
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
Lloyd is King
Champion of Essendon

Post by Lloyd is King »

I stand corrected.

When did that annual Sydney vs Essendon Telstra Stadium fixture match stop?
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

Lloyd is King wrote:I stand corrected.

2 years ago....

glad to be be back at the SCG....it means a beer after in surry hills....great part of the world if you like looking at the bottom of a beer glass.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Flogging coming up i'm afraid. Sydney starting to hit top gear and they've put away both Port and Dogs very easily in the last two weeks.

Teams that beat Sydney (such as Eagles, Adelaide and Kangaroos) tend to beat them at their own game - tough in the clinches, burrow in hard and try to break even at the clearances. Given we've been pretty ordinary in that facet of the game all year, i can't see us winning....but of course i'm happy to be proved wrong.

The way Port are going and the way we beat Adelaide at AAMI in round 1 leads me to think that our best chance of a victory before the mid-season break will be against Port in round 12. If we're 6-6 at the mid-season break that's a great result in my opinion.
Lloyd is King
Champion of Essendon

Post by Lloyd is King »

tom9779 wrote:
Lloyd is King wrote:I stand corrected.

2 years ago....

glad to be be back at the SCG....it means a beer after in surry hills....great part of the world if you like looking at the bottom of a beer glass.
I just realised that Syd vs Ess fixture was the Marn Grook Game Aboriginal Game which has now been replaced by Indigenous Round and Ess vs Rich.

Thanks for the answer LisK. Oh, no worries mate. Anytime.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

We normally play well against Sydney. The exception was last year when we were hammered up in Sydney. That night, Jolly killed us, and their midfield had a picnic. No Jolly now, but they have Everitt. Their gritty midfield will bore in and get tough. The game will be won or lost there I think.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

BenDoolan wrote:Their gritty midfield will bore in and get tough. The game will be won or lost there I think.
Correct. All of Watson, Peverill, JJ, Hille and Stanton will need to have their best (or close to their best) games of the season for us to win.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

The times we have lost is when the other team has been hard at the ball, which Sydney always is.
He kicks on the left
That boy Hurley
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Rossoneri wrote:The times we have lost is when the other team has been hard at the ball, which Sydney always is.
That is also correct. All of the Kangaroos, Dawks and Maggots beat us this year with their intensity - usually in the midfield, which ties in with BD's point.
Ramanama
Regular Senior Player

Post by Ramanama »

Ill pick swans...
V-BOMBERS:
Premiers of the BTCL OD 0'7. V-Bombers!!!
BomberTalk POTY - Ramanama
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Bolton to play on Goodes....just my prediction :wink:
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Post by bombercol »

Went to watch the Swans today and they played very well.

However if we stick to our guns and maybe the number of goals is greater than the number of behinds we score, we'll give a pretty good account of ourselves. Definately a danger game for Sydney.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

BenDoolan wrote:We normally play well against Sydney. The exception was last year when we were hammered up in Sydney. That night, Jolly killed us, and their midfield had a picnic. No Jolly now, but they have Everitt. Their gritty midfield will bore in and get tough. The game will be won or lost there I think.
Jolly actually kicked 3 today so is in good form.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

bombercol wrote:Went to watch the Swans today and they played very well.

However if we stick to our guns and maybe the number of goals is greater than the number of behinds we score, we'll give a pretty good account of ourselves. Definately a danger game for Sydney.
I think that's probably a key right there. We kick straight, we give ourselves a red hot chance regardless. If Watson picks up where he left off last night, we'll be a decent show particularly if Hile and Ryder can give us first use a few times.

Small ground so one heave ho out of the centre and it's virtually in the FF lap. Who will get O'Keefe? He and Ablett could be real thorns.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant