Davey - am i being too harsh?

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
spikefan
On the Rookie List

Post by spikefan »

Stocksy wrote:the way he goes down he looks like he would be more at home with the italian soccer team...
Now you are being too harsh
Red and Black Forever
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

I just saw the replay for the first time this morning.

If i didn't know any better, i'd say Davey concussed himself in the last quarter by taking a head-first Superman dive into the turf even though the Richmond player barely touched him.

That would certainly be my objective interpretation of the incident if a player from any of the other 15 teams went down in the same manner.
Stocksy
On the Rookie List

Post by Stocksy »

As I said Jimmy, looks to be at home with the Italian Soccer side...
Here's to swimming with bow legged women...
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Davey will be targeted regularly. He will get rough treatment in an attempt to slow him down.
Because of his excellent defensive pressure, other teams will be instructed to hit him hard given any opportunity.
In that context, and in the context of the hit he took from Merrit, I have no problems with him taking the occasional dive.
As long as it doesn't get ridiculous, and I don't think it has so far.
Stocksy
On the Rookie List

Post by Stocksy »

It nearly cost us a game last Saturday night, when we needed him he was laying on the ground likle a mongrel dog leaving us one man down through his own actions. You are taught young that you never show (if can be helped) pain, once shown its there for everyone to see and everyone to take advantage of. He has now shown tap me and I will go down, & yes some of what has been dished out to him is no more than a tap...

If that wasnt bad enough he then left via the side line (which meant he could not return to the field) only to see him once off jog back to the bench.

I have said earlier I am a fan of his, love the pressure he puts on on the oposing back line, his exciting runs and the way he can put the ball to boot at full speed and kick a goal 45m out but there is no excuse for softness...
Here's to swimming with bow legged women...