New Essendon jumper unveiled. CALL TO ARMS.

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Gatsid
Champion of Essendon

Post by Gatsid »

Jethro wrote:The logos are a removeable printed-sewed on part of the jumper design, the yellow band is not as it is part of the jumper design

It really is quite simple to understand that point

Peter Jackson said time and time again the club could not add yellow to the jumper because it was against the constitution

"I'M NOT ALLOWED TO DO IT!" was his exact quote

The club constitution clearly states what the jumper design must be

It will happen, but it does not make it right in terms of the constitution and P. Jackson himself knows it
If the members are going to jump up and down about this then they are hypocrites and just as bad as the AFL. The AFL won't let us wear yellow armbands for rama the members sit there and throw crap at the AFL, now they can stick it up the AFL by having the yellow sleeve ring and now they are the ones sitting there crying telling the EFC they can't do it without their 75% vote. Honestly if they are going to sook about this don't sook when the AFL wont let us wear armbands.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

dom_105 wrote:
bomberdonnie wrote:What do people think about Rama making his comeback to senior footy in that game?
Can't happen

He's on the Rookie list remember
Yeah I know I was thinking that he may get a long term injury by then and hopefully to Campo :D
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

So what you're saying Jethro is you would have no problem with this as long as the yellow armband was sewn on OVER the black armband already established as part of the jumper? Thus making it a stand alone piece, not something encorporated into the jumper itself?
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

Oh, and yay looks like I have my answer to the long sleeved question too ;)
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

Gatsid wrote:
Jethro wrote:The logos are a removeable printed-sewed on part of the jumper design, the yellow band is not as it is part of the jumper design

Peter Jackson said time and time again the club could not add yellow to the jumper because it was against the constitution

It will happen, but it does not make it right in terms of the constitution and P. Jackson himself knows it
If the members are going to jump up and down about this then they are hypocrites and just as bad as the AFL. The AFL won't let us wear yellow armbands for rama the members sit there and throw crap at the AFL, now they can stick it up the AFL by having the yellow sleeve ring and now they are the ones sitting there crying telling the EFC they can't do it without their 75% vote. Honestly if they are going to sook about this don't sook when the AFL wont let us wear armbands.
The members are not going to jump up and down about this issue.

For a start, we don't even know if this guy is a member. He may well be, but that's beside the point.

If he is, its safe to assume that there wouldn't be 25% of the memberbase with the same views as him.

If there is any doubt, the club would hold a EGM and use its proxy votes to sway the vote in their favour. (That's if more than 25% of the members at the EGM are against the move, which is unlikely.)

It's beyond the realms of possibility.
Jethro
Top Up Player

Post by Jethro »

Megan wrote:So what you're saying Jethro is you would have no problem with this as long as the yellow armband was sewn on OVER the black armband already established as part of the jumper? Thus making it a stand alone piece, not something encorporated into the jumper itself?
Exactly, or a yellow ribbon pasted on the front, however if they replace a piece of black jumper with yellow encorporating it into the jumper design it breaks the EFC constitutional guidelines which P. Jackson has pointed out himself

The jumper itself can not be anything but black with a red sash, stuck on logos (like the AFL logo, 3 logo) do not alter the basic design itself

The main bone of contention is not about the yellow band itself and the whole armband issue, it is the fact that the EFC board/P. Jackson are not following the constitutional guidelines of the club which has been set down by the club members for them to follow - sure this is only a very minor issue but in principle what they are doing is wrong.

What happens next time is the issue? Would you support Essendon wearing a complete yellow jumper next year? (even if P. Jackson said they couldn't before but now can it seems)
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

The logos are as much a part of the jumper design as the trim around the sleeve. Neither the logos or the trim alter the main jumper design (black with red sash), but under your dogmatic approach "nothing can be added to the jumper", you have to advocate removing them all, or removing none of them.

Peter Jackson's quote 'I'm not allowed to do it" was in response to the AFL's request to wear an all yellow jumper, not to add a tiny bit of yellow to an existing red and black jumper. You are misrepresenting what that quote was about, and you know it.

The one thing you were right about is that the Constitution does state what the jumper design must be. It states that it must be black with a red sash, and under this new proposal, it still is. It does not state that nothing else is allowed to be added to the jumper, otherwise the sponsors logos that we have had since the 1980s would have broken our Constitution. But they didn't, and neither does this proposal.

Actually have a read of the clause (you obviously haven't yet.) Once again, show me the section that states that the Essendon jumper must only contain red and black. Or I could save you some time - cause mate, I'll tell you right now, there isn't such a provision. And I'll give you the tip, I actually do know something about constitutions and laws and the like. You have got this one wrong.
Jethro
Top Up Player

Post by Jethro »

Tell that to the Law Dons member that rung up SEN this morning and said the jumper was unconstitutional under EFC laws

Other legal opinions on bigfooty & yahoo AFL boards also backup that claim stating this jumper is illegal under the EFC constitution
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Gee...what a load of codswallop this topic has turned into.

I see it in very simple terms:

a) the club wants to help raise money for cancer research

b) the AFL won't let us wear a yellow armband

c) the club comes up with an innovative idea that is close to the original idea

d) the AFL approve the idea

e) the players wear the jumper on the day and money is raised as a result of increased public awareness as well as from selling the jumpers to interested collectors.

Now that's simple....why do people have to make such a simple gesture into a political tug of war :roll:
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

Jethro wrote:Tell that to the Law Dons member that rung up SEN this morning and said the jumper was unconstitutional under EFC laws

Other legal opinions on bigfooty & yahoo AFL boards also backup that claim stating this jumper is illegal under the EFC constitution
Well I can't possibly compete with legal opinions posted on BigFooty can I? :lol: And as for a lawdons member who is free to ring up SEN in the middle of the day - I'm sure they must be super awesome. Apologies for the obvious sarcasm.

Seriously though, you'd be wise to value my opinion - that's all I'm going to say.

Oh and if you are so confident, are you going to deal with anything that I have said in any of my posts? I haven't seen it so far. I repeat, show me the clause in the Essendon Constitution that states that the Essendon jumper must ONLY contain red and black.

So go on then, actually deal with what I've said, you genius, you....
bombers_rock
High Draft Pick

Post by bombers_rock »

What a joke this is. If anyone's to blame its the AFL for being a bunch of knobs who wouldn't know the difference between a pimple and their member.

As staggy has pointed out, it's clearly not illegal. In no way does it say it must ONLY be red and black. The law is very much about words and the interpretation of them. If it doesn't explicitly say only then a yellow band is quite within the bounds of the constitution. I'm sure a government has never got around a Constitution based on the wording of it. :P

Sure, a yellow band on the actual jumper stands out a little bit more than an armband would, but nuts to that. If it means the club/players can support a good cause, getting around an AFL ban, then I'm all for it. Just support a good player (Rama) and a good cause.

Those who are fighting against it are as bad as the knobs in AFL House. Obviously some people just like bitching for the sake of it. Are you really going to spend the entire match staring at the yellow? If anyone is, don't bother going, you're there for the wrong reason.

Oh, and if it's such a huge issue, write to the EFC and get the 'loophole' closed. Good luck!
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

Jethro wrote:
Megan wrote:So what you're saying Jethro is you would have no problem with this as long as the yellow armband was sewn on OVER the black armband already established as part of the jumper? Thus making it a stand alone piece, not something encorporated into the jumper itself?
Exactly, or a yellow ribbon pasted on the front, however if they replace a piece of black jumper with yellow encorporating it into the jumper design it breaks the EFC constitutional guidelines which P. Jackson has pointed out himself

The jumper itself can not be anything but black with a red sash, stuck on logos (like the AFL logo, 3 logo) do not alter the basic design itself

The main bone of contention is not about the yellow band itself and the whole armband issue, it is the fact that the EFC board/P. Jackson are not following the constitutional guidelines of the club which has been set down by the club members for them to follow - sure this is only a very minor issue but in principle what they are doing is wrong.

What happens next time is the issue? Would you support Essendon wearing a complete yellow jumper next year? (even if P. Jackson said they couldn't before but now can it seems)
I actually don't see altering the colour of the armband as a change to the basic design. Basic, being... well basic... design for us is a red sash on a black jumper. The body of the jumper. The way I see it, the band around the armhole isn't part of the basic design - it's not present on the long sleeved jumpers, does that make the long sleeved jumper a variation of the design?

Now I'm just nitpicking. As I think you are. I don't believe the Bombers have crossed any line.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Staggy wrote:
Jethro wrote:Tell that to the Law Dons member that rung up SEN this morning and said the jumper was unconstitutional under EFC laws

Well I can't possibly compete with legal opinions posted on BigFooty can I? :lol: And as for a lawdons member who is free to ring up SEN in the middle of the day - I'm sure they must be super awesome. Apologies for the obvious sarcasm.

Seriously though, you'd be wise to value my opinion - that's all I'm going to say.

Oh and if you are so confident, are you going to deal with anything that I have said in any of my posts? I haven't seen it so far. I repeat, show me the clause in the Essendon Constitution that states that the Essendon jumper must ONLY contain red and black.

So go on then, actually deal with what I've said, you genius, you....
:lol: Classic stuff.

Gee, lets see some lawyer take Essendon to court over a yellow band on their jumper that is designed to raise awareness for a terminal illness :roll:
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Denis Denuto.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

jimmyc1985 wrote:Denis Denuto.
:lol: It's the vibe!!!!!
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

BenDoolan wrote:
I cleared that tray 3 f*cking times! Clear Tray F3? What the f*ck is that?
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Staggy wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:
Tell 'im he's dreamin'. :D
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Staggy wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:
I was in sticthes again the other night....what a great movie!
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

I think it's a great idea. It's not as if we are sticking it up the AFL as they have agreed to it all.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Sorry about this, but once again to the whingers, what are you going to do?

What if the board brought in a new clash jumper next year that was bright pink? How do you enforce a football club's constitution. I highly doubt that it has any real legal standing.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.