Mal Michael

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Bomber_Fan
On the Rookie List

Mal Michael

Post by Bomber_Fan »

Bloody Hall always kills us - his record against us is amazing - 30 goals in the last five games. So well played Michael - this is exactly why you were recruited.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Well played the entire backline. Ryder was great, Michael and Fletcher are a great team back there. Kept Hall and O'Loughlin quiet.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
citizenerased
On the Rookie List

Post by citizenerased »

Watching both Michael and Fletcher, i reckon we have at least another 2 years out of both players. Our defence has not looked this good since Wellman retired...
The Super Nintendo formerly known as Chalmers
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Great game by Mal and he showed that old dogs can learn new tricks. I can't recall one free kick against him all night whilst he won at least one for being in front again.

And we just can't underestimate how good he has been for Fletch who had a career high in possies last night.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
lozza89
Regular Senior Player

Post by lozza89 »

Mal was outstanding last night. I honestly thought that Hall would be too fast and too strong for him, but Mal kept up with him the entire night. Did an excellent job for us down back.
Well done Mal
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Mal was great tonight. A breakthrough game for him in the Red & Black.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

swoodley wrote:Great game by Mal and he showed that old dogs can learn new tricks. I can't recall one free kick against him all night whilst he won at least one for being in front again.
He recieved three free kicks for getting the front position against Hall.
Bomber Mad
Top Up Player

Post by Bomber Mad »

Mal, Fletch and Ryder were fantastic!
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Bomber Mad wrote:Mal, Fletch and Ryder were fantastic!
They were great...GREAT! :D
Bomber Mad
Top Up Player

Post by Bomber Mad »

F111 wrote:
Bomber Mad wrote:Mal, Fletch and Ryder were fantastic!
They were great...GREAT! :D
Ok they were GREAT :D :) :P :D
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Yep great game by Mal. Hall had 42 goals in his last 8 against us.

And Ryder fantastic on O'Loughlin too.
Still not so sure about his spoiling from behind, but if he can get in front at most contests it's less of an issue.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Ossie
Club Captain

Post by Ossie »

I read Fletcher had 30 possessions, 12 marks and 8 R50s. Amazing now that he is freed up by Mal taking those 'power' forwards.
You couldn't fool your own mother on the foolingest day of your life with an electrified fooling machine.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

What a game by big Mal!! After all the doubts and criticism he stepped up on Sat night and completely dominated Barry Hall who in the past has had a day out against us. The emergence of Ryder as a key defender has made a huge difference as well as it has allowed Fletch to be free across the half back line without the pressure of taking the oppositions best two forwards.

There is a lot to like about our defence at the moment!!
Crazyman
Champion of Essendon

Post by Crazyman »

How true it is Mrs Merc and with the injection of some of the speedsters in the last couple of years, I also reckon our midfield is coming on strong for the next couple of years...exciting times people...exciting times :)
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Crazyman wrote:How true it is Mrs Merc and with the injection of some of the speedsters in the last couple of years, I also reckon our midfield is coming on strong for the next couple of years...exciting times people...exciting times :)
Very exciting times, obviously we still have a hell of a lot of improvement to do but things are definately brighter than they have been for the past 3 or 4 seasons!! JUst wait till Lovey, Natrat and Jetta and fit and firing again!