Hirdy and Winder

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
citizenerased
On the Rookie List

Hirdy and Winder

Post by citizenerased »

these 2 seem close these days.

Has Hirdy taken the young lad under his wing...or dare i say it, have we finally cracked cloning the great one.

they are starting to look the same too... :-s
The Super Nintendo formerly known as Chalmers
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

Oh dude. Imagine a whole team of Hirdy's. I'd have died and gone to heaven.

Shame Winder doesn't quite play like Hirdy.
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

I felt no nerves at all in the first half of the final quarter Hird was just cruising around getting all the free kicks and we looked home but Hird what can you say... a freakin legend of AFL.
Lloyd is King
Champion of Essendon

Post by Lloyd is King »

Megan wrote:Oh dude. Imagine a whole team of Hirdy's.
Yeah. Imagine all the injuries. :P :wink:
bombers_rock
High Draft Pick

Re: Hirdy and Winder

Post by bombers_rock »

citizenerased wrote:they are starting to look the same too... :-s
Been saying for a while that they look remarkably alike. Particularly when Windy dons the long sleeves. :)
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

Rove's $20 questions

ROVE: who would you turn gay for?
JAZZ: James Hird

Jazz collects the 20 bucks!
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Re: Hirdy and Winder

Post by bomberdonnie »

citizenerased wrote:these 2 seem close these days.

Has Hirdy taken the young lad under his wing...or dare i say it, have we finally cracked cloning the great one.

they are starting to look the same too... :-s
When Hirdy was on Footy Crappafied the black wench in the corner said that Winder had said that he wanted to gain James respect as a footy player before James retired.

James just smiled back...
citizenerased
On the Rookie List

Post by citizenerased »

I tell ya what, i reckon with the season he is having, he's earnt it.

i like the way the list is clicking together.

Watson, Winder, and Ryder are giving some good delivery, Stants has improved in leaps and bounds, McVeigh and McPhee running up the ground off the wings is a long overdue move, and Michael and Fletch down back hold the fort quite well.

If we can Lucas back into form, perhaps giving us the chance to get Lloyd one out, or at least in a 2 on 1 rather than 3, with the way Hird is attacking the ball and Hille is using his bulk, we look good.

not premiership good, but decent good.

and we dont have Lovett, NLM, Jetta and Rama out there. :)
The Super Nintendo formerly known as Chalmers
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

citizenerased wrote:I tell ya what, i reckon with the season he is having, he's earnt it.

Watson, Winder, and Ryder are giving some good delivery, Stants has improved in leaps and bounds, McVeigh and McPhee running up the ground off the wings is a long overdue move, and Michael and Fletch down back hold the fort quite well.

If we can Lucas back into form, perhaps giving us the chance to get Lloyd one out, or at least in a 2 on 1 rather than 3, with the way Hird is attacking the ball and Hille is using his bulk, we look good.

A very good post.

Certainly not looking anything like a Premiership team but a likely candidate in years to come.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

citizenerased wrote:I tell ya what, i reckon with the season he is having, he's earnt it.

Great post, so many things are gelling together for us this season along with the improved form of McPhee, McVeigh and Johnno. I personally think that Ryder's development as a KPP has been the most significant to the team. Along with Michael, Ryder has taken one of the oppositions key forwards allowing Fletcher to free up and drive us forward, it has also allowed us to use McPhee further up the field with great success.

Great to see young guys like Licha, Watto and Stants inprove with leaps and bounds as well. If Gussy could get going again we would be looking fine!!