Wins don't get more important than that.

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Lloyd is King
Champion of Essendon

Wins don't get more important than that.

Post by Lloyd is King »

If you saw the boys sing the song, you saw how important that win was.

It is sure to galvanise the squad and augers well for the next few months.

We don't win interstate very often, and especially not when it's tight. And against Sydeny, who are the masters of the close contest, the magnitude of that win cannot be understated.

We were a bit lucky, thanks to the shape of the ball and the lack of a 4th umpire. But who bloody cares? We deserved it.

Sydney are a pile of gay - the aim of the game is to kick goals. Sydney are their own worst enemy by not kicking them. Suck shit.

Beautiful victory Essendon. Just magical.
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

Lisk the way the supporters carried on... fair enough to be cut about the umpiring decision but to boo Lloydy off the ground for it... not his fault.

The boys were excited, I was excited, collectively... exciting!
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
stryper
High Draft Pick

Post by stryper »

A very Gutsy Win and Well Done to all the Boys...
Bolts included :wink:

As for the Sydney supporters a Bunch Of Losers!!!

Disgusting to Boo Off Lloydy

Suffer bad I hope it hurts you bunch of Wankers!!!
Bomber_Fan
On the Rookie List

Post by Bomber_Fan »

What's great about this one is that we've one two close ones in a row - last year we would have lost both last week's and this week's game. That's three in a row now - it's been so long since we've won 3 in a row!!!
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

We had to win two of Richmond/Sydney/WC/Port to be a serious contender for the finals this year. The fact that we have done that will lift the team a hell of a lot. If we can win one of the next two games, we will be right in the mix and we may just have given Sheeds a couple more years.
He kicks on the left
He kicks on the riiiiiiiiigggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttttt
That boy Hurley
Makes Riewoldt look shite!
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Post by bombercol »

We were fantastic.

I hate Sydney, f****** hate then with a passion and against the odds f****** guts it out and beat the f****** pricks.

YeeeeeeeeHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

We guts it out>

GOOD STUFF!!!!!!!
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

That's our best win for the season. Unequivocally.

Beat Sydney at their own game, on their ground, in conditions they revel in. And i was so glad we beat those f****** by a lousy point after they got so close. Eat that you cheap arsed f****** - so often they're the inferior team for 75% or more of the game and squib a win. Well, not tonight arseholes.
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

stryper wrote:A very Gutsy Win and Well Done to all the Boys...
Bolts included :wink:

As for the Sydney supporters a Bunch Of Losers!!!

Disgusting to Boo Off Lloydy

Suffer bad I hope it hurts you bunch of Wankers!!!
they were booing the umps, I think they would have kept booing for a while.

the umpiring was absolutely terrible, but they didn't see the ones that we should have got as well.

also, WHY ON EARTH does the SCG water the ground? you would have thought it had been raining all week in Sydney, when there hasn't been a single drop....

crazy...the curators must not be AFl supporters.

Tonights game was a prime example as to why we need more day games, and less of this twilight/night rubbish.
lozza89
Regular Senior Player

Post by lozza89 »

f****** yes!!! Definately our best win of the season by far. We beat a team that was just about fully fit, and we still had a few players out, i.e. lovett, lovett-murray.
Absolutely over the moon by the performance the boys put in tonight.
They way the boys played shows everyone, especailly our supporters that we have improved over the summer, and our future is looking very bright indeed
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

tom9779 wrote:also, WHY ON EARTH does the SCG water the ground? you would have thought it had been raining all week in Sydney, when there hasn't been a single drop....

crazy...the curators must not be AFl supporters.
SCG curators have been rigging it for years. They watered the ground before the Semi against Geelong in '05 to suit the Sydney players. Pack of corrupt c**** if you ask me.

They also do it during cricket season - rig the pitch.
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

To be honest I didn't think the umpiring was that bad. The odd dubious decision but you expect that and factor it in, they can't see everything.
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
Royza
Club Captain

Post by Royza »

We out Sydney-ed, Sydney. 57-39 tackles. Slats with 8, 2 ahead of Kirk.

Don't like when we defend. For some reason we're capable of letting opposition forwards have space even though we get numbers back.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Just got home... was getting regular updates throughout the night... but I'm about to watch the game. Quite looking forward to it. Was listening on the radio when we got away to a flyer. I thought we could be in trouble then because every time we get off to a quickfire start this year we seem to find a way to make it a real dogfight. I'll take ye old 4 points, thank you.

Nice tip Megs. :P
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
Bomber_Fan
On the Rookie List

Post by Bomber_Fan »

Royza wrote:
Don't like when we defend. For some reason we're capable of letting opposition forwards have space even though we get numbers back.
LMAO - this is exactly what I think but tonight we actually defended well.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

One of our best wins for a while and it comes at such an important time of the season. We are now 6th but only 1 game out of the top 4.
bombers_rock
High Draft Pick

Post by bombers_rock »

Bomber_Fan wrote:What's great about this one is that we've one two close ones in a row - last year we would have lost both last week's and this week's game.
Indeed. Sign of maturity? Whatever it is, it's certainly promising.
That's three in a row now - it's been so long since we've won 3 in a row!!!
I actually had a look back through the past seasons late last week to find out when we last won 3 in a row. Goes back to 2004 when we clocked up 6 wins on the trot. Included in those 6 were West Coast (round 3 @ Phone Dome - won by 6 points) and Adelaide (round 9 @ AAMI Stadium - won by 51 points).

Could we see the beginning of something special? Could we knock off West Coast and Port Adelaide and go 8-4? Then Melbourne (monkey is off their backs now) and go 9-4? I don't want to get too far ahead, but jeez... if we could pull it off, that would certainly be something.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

jimmyc1985 wrote:That's our best win for the season. Unequivocally.

Beat Sydney at their own game, on their ground, in conditions they revel in. And i was so glad we beat those f****** by a lousy point after they got so close. Eat that you cheap arsed f****** - so often they're the inferior team for 75% or more of the game and squib a win. Well, not tonight arseholes.
agree - we were the much better side most of the night - but that also worries me - the fact that we let them get a look in at victory. if we can capitalise on the time we outplay opposition teams - we will start to look a real threat. we have to find a way to convert consistently when we are playing our best footy.

our third term was fantastic - and we only kicked 5 behinds. had so many inside 50s - the ball was only in our half.

need to hurt teams - and put games out of reach.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

tonysoprano wrote:
jimmyc1985 wrote:That's our best win for the season. Unequivocally.

agree - we were the much better side most of the night - but that also worries me - the fact that we let them get a look in at victory. if we can capitalise on the time we outplay opposition teams - we will start to look a real threat. we have to find a way to convert consistently when we are playing our best footy.

our third term was fantastic - and we only kicked 5 behinds. had so many inside 50s - the ball was only in our half.

need to hurt teams - and put games out of reach.
You needn't be worried that we nearly lost - Sydney are the masters at robbing teams blind when the other team is clearly superior for a majority of the match. They must've done it a dozen times in the last 3 or so years. I'm in fact happy that we held them off - plenty of other teams would've got diddled in the dying minutes ala Geelong in the 2005 Semi.