Port vs Haw

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Lloyd is King
Champion of Essendon

Port vs Haw

Post by Lloyd is King »

What a massive win to Hawthorn.

I think it is safe to say they are the real deal this year. It appears that the stupid annoying ****head Alistair Clarkson can actually coach.

Wouldn't it be awesome to have a predominantly Victorian finals series this year? Geelong, Hawthorn, Collingwood, Kangas, Dons, Dogs...
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

yeah absolutely, and port were pumped up too.

hawks look like the real deal...as much as I hate them

almost my least favourite team.(yes even more than the scum or filth)

lets hope they cop some injuries by the time we come to play them again.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Hawthorn looked good today. From midway through the first quarter, they turned the match around by 9 goals - they were down by 4 goals but ended up winning by 5 goals.

However, it's becoming very apparent that Port Adelaide are easily beatable when you play them tough and man-on-man. The 4 games they've lost this year are all to teams who play exactly that style: Hawthorn, Adelaide, Sydney and Geelong. Port have 4 or 5 extremely soft outriders with high skills who can cut teams to pieces, but if you man them up tightly they struggle. The players i'm referring to are Shaun Burgoyne, Peter Burgoyne, Danyle Pearce, Chad Cornes and even Ryan Lonie. Port have a disproportionately high number of soft, wide receivers and if you can restrict them by going man on man, you'll go a long way toward winning the match.

That's what we'll have to do in a fortnight's time.
DYSON#2
Club Captain

Post by DYSON#2 »

tom9779 wrote:yeah absolutely, and port were pumped up too.

hawks look like the real deal...as much as I hate them

almost my least favourite team.(yes even more than the scum or filth)

lets hope they cop some injuries by the time we come to play them again.
id rather beat them with there best team in :)
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

I admit Hawthorn are playing good at the moment but they may have beaten Geelong and West Coast but both of those were at Aurora Stadium with strong winds it's a really shit ground but yes they won still but I think if it were anywhere else they wouldve lost. Interesting to see if they will keep it up.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

They will play finals but I'm not sure they can finish top 4.
bombers_rock
High Draft Pick

Re: Port vs Haw

Post by bombers_rock »

Lloyd is King wrote:I think it is safe to say they are the real deal this year.
Yes, well, up until now I called them overrated. I'm beginning to rethink it. They may be traveling well now, but let's see how they handle finals footy (West Coast @ Subi, Port Adelaide/Adelaide @ AAMI), which, as we all know, is a completely different ball game. We'll see how good they are then. As as others have already mentioned - West Coast in Perth, Sydney in Sydney, etc.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Did anyone see Salopek (Spell Check) get his nose spread across his face??

That was 110% courage and I would have put my house on Port being so fired up that there was no way they would lose from there... Glad I didnt :)