Men in Green

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
citizenerased
On the Rookie List

Men in Green

Post by citizenerased »

i notice they dont show the free kick stat on tv anymore
i wonder whose ploy that is

i want the stat for the amount of frees missed for us in that

Jones' camp on the ball in the last quarter was negligently missed.
The Super Nintendo formerly known as Chalmers
pear
On the Rookie List

Post by pear »

Ended up 25-23 against us

BTW they are interviewing Umpire Kennedy on TV as I write. Get him off.
Bleeding for the red and black
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Kennedy was not the worst tonight ******* Vosso though OMG what is he doing out there

they showed it once tonight that I saw when it was 5 zip to them

There is nothing surer that these cvnts even up the count to avoid speculation

Judd got his cock sucked by the green maggots tonight
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Both teams have legitimate claims that the umpires shafted them, i thought.

Although i went the most crazy i've ever gone at an umpiring decision right in the last quarter, on the Weagles' half forward flank. It must've been at the 27 or 28 minute mark, Rowan Jones blatantly dragged it in and didn't get pinged. That was right in front of where i was sitting and i just completely lost it. I called the umpire every 4 letter word of Germanic origin i could think of. I turned into a Collingwood supporter for a scary five seconds or so there.
rama_fan
Champion of Essendon

Post by rama_fan »

Yeah likewise Jim.

I was going f***'n apeshit - I could not believe that was not holding the ball.

That was the most obvious one out of the lot - although apparently McVeigh had a few against Judd that could have been paid.
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

bomberdonnie wrote:Kennedy was not the worst tonight ******* Vosso though OMG what is he doing out there

f*** me, I tell ya Judd could get away with murder on a AFL ground but you cant look sideways at him without giving away a free.

BTW, umpires tonight, except for Kennedy, were shithouse. It's the closest I have come to throwing a TV out of a second story window.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

dom_105 wrote:
bomberdonnie wrote:Kennedy was not the worst tonight ******* Vosso though OMG what is he doing out there

f*** me, I tell ya Judd could get away with murder on a AFL ground but you cant look sideways at him without giving away a free.

BTW, umpires tonight, except for Kennedy, were shithouse. It's the closest I have come to throwing a TV out of a second story window.
Harvey Norman nearly made a killing out of me this week to Dom f*** how bad was it

You wait I bet the prick gets votes tonight too
Lloyd is King
Champion of Essendon

Post by Lloyd is King »

jimmyc1985 wrote: It must've been at the 27 or 28 minute mark, Rowan Jones blatantly dragged it in and didn't get pinged. That was right in front of where i was sitting and i just completely lost it. I called the umpire every 4 letter word of Germanic origin i could think of. I turned into a Collingwood supporter for a scary five seconds or so there.
That was one of the worst non-decisions ever.

He jumped on the ball, pulled it in, not pinged.

The whole Ch 7 commentary box was up in arms when the ump crossed himself.

I've always agreed with Sam Newman - it's not the frees they don't pay that piss people off, it's the one's they do. The frees they pay can decide matches, etc. No doubt.

Frees that aren't paid are quickly forgotten. But that Rowan Jones non-decision was inexplicable.

Tim Watson questioned later, "Why do the umpires decide to umpire differently just because the match is close at the end?"
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Has Chris Judd EVER been pinged for holding the ball? f****** disgrace.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

Tim Watson questioned later, "Why do the umpires decide to umpire differently just because the match is close at the end?"
Surel it isnt a conscious decision to do this?

The pressure they are under is enormous - so they missed a few they should have paid - let it go. We won the game - and lets face it we have had enormous amount of luck with the umps this season.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

tonysoprano wrote:

The pressure they are under is enormous - so they missed a few they should have paid - let it go. We won the game - and lets face it we have had enormous amount of luck with the umps this season.
I am almost scared to disagree with you Tony but that is BS

We have had one poor decison this year which was last week against the swans... Other than that we have been arse raped by the umps and tonight being the peak of it all.

We played 21 players tonight make no mistake
nudder12
Club Captain

Post by nudder12 »

I didn't reckon the umpiring was all that poor tonight. Sure there were a few missed, and a few that were paid that were dubious or even blatantly wrong, but hey, you get that - every game every week. Tonight was no different to any other match. And to be fair, it went both ways.

But, this was the first Eagles game I've seen in a while, and if Judd isn't the umps pet then I've never seen a football game. Kerr as well to a lesser degree, but that's probably only because he was near the ball a lesser amount.

It's one thing to say look after someone making the play, but seriously those two could take on 5 tacklers after a bounce and still not be penalised.

ps - to the people complaining about umpires, remember last week, McPhee, and the boundary line !!
citizenerased
On the Rookie List

Post by citizenerased »

i didnt think it was all bad, and i kinda regret starting the thread, but the Jones decisions bemused me and was a very dicey one to let go, esp. considering they let Judd, Kerr and, i believe, Rosa off on some earlier ones and pinged one of ours guys, stants i think, after 2 steps.

oh well

oh. go to bigfooty. apparently the umpires love us.
richmond and swans fans, and especially freo fans, have problems.
props to the eagles fans. handling the loss with dignity
The Super Nintendo formerly known as Chalmers
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Judd got his cock sucked by the umpires tonight
spikefan
On the Rookie List

Post by spikefan »

BenDoolan wrote:Has Chris Judd EVER been pinged for holding the ball? f****** disgrace.
Seriously the AFL had officially declared that Judd and a few other "protected" players NEVER hold the ball. Indeed a f****** disgrace.
Red and Black Forever
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

bomberdonnie wrote:
tonysoprano wrote:

I am almost scared to disagree with you Tony but that is BS

We have had one poor decison this year which was last week against the swans... Other than that we have been arse raped by the umps and tonight being the peak of it all.

We played 21 players tonight make no mistake
:lol: :lol:

I dont mind being disagreed with - but the out of bounds last week - the Richo in the back - and all the 50m penalties we were given v Freo - were all 50/50 decisions that went our way.

Dont get me wrong - I think the Rowan Jones non-decision was terrible, and agree with BenDoolan that Judd gets away with anything and everything (how does he get to run 5m get tackled by two blokes throw it illegally and not get pinged!) - but I also think Hunter could have easily been given a free at the death against Fletch - but wasn't seen.

What I'm trying to say is that I have no doubt Eagles fans over here in Perth will be whingeing about all the decisions that went against them last night while we whinge about all the ones against us - where does that leave things? Every decision ever made then is judged as being wrong by about half the people watching!

I'm trying to make a habit of not noticing umps - and just enjoying the game - especially ones like last night - and revelling in the win - rather than getting annoyed at something that will NEVER get to a level where people are happy.

An aside...I'd prefer you didn't use the term "raped". Not trying to be a moralist or politically correct - just think we could come up with a better word. Maybe "robbed" or "let down by".
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Vozzo always umpires the Friday Night games. Seeing as these games are usually the prime time games, why wouldnt the AFL put some of their best umpires on Friday nights? This guy is so F****** pathetic that I would actually prefer to have McBig Nose to umpire our matches.
Bomber_Fan
On the Rookie List

Post by Bomber_Fan »

A voice of reason in Tony Soprano. People should stop whingeing about the umpiring because I reckon it would be a tough gig. Of course I get upset about umpiring decisions that go against us but I let it go after the game. The umpires missed a couple of decisions that should have gone against us too. Mark McVeigh just about had Judd in a bear hug at one stage in the final quarter well before the ball was coming towards them and no free kick was paid. And then there was that mark that Jason Johnson took with hands in the back with three West Coast players around him. People are saying that Fletcher chopped Hunter's arms when he went for the mark from Daniel Kerr's kick but I've got to admit that I thought he caught the ball and not the man fair and square in real time. Didn't show a replay so not sure if it should have been a free kick. But I did think that some of the Eagle's players were getting a lot of latitude with holding the ball decisions. Please give the umpires a break.
Sartorius
Club Captain

Post by Sartorius »

They were pathetic. Some of the free kicks were so so soft, but then they werent even consistent. That holding the ball one that jimmy mentioned was pathetic. It was the most clear holding the ball for the night (apart from the several times Judd should have been gone).

As for the free kick count the umps are masters of making it look even. We had 23 free kicks and I would seriously say that at least 8 of those were advantage. They call a free kick when we have won the contest anyway and just call advantage! :P
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

I was just so happy we won that obliterated some of the terrible decisions and non decisions of the game. But one that I couldnt not work out was "in the back" against Bolton who apparently rolled on a Weagle back but came up with the Ball.

The fantastic thing about the team at the moment is that when decisions go against us we arent giving away silly 50's and reminstrating with umps that must contribute to loss of focus.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber