Why are Essendon so hated??

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
DC
Regular Senior Player

Why are Essendon so hated??

Post by DC »

After the Sydney win my mate tells me, "you guys got lucky". I thought, WTF? How?

He obviously brings up the McPhee out of bounds/McVeigh goal. You cant just pull one mistake out and say 'THAT' specific incident cost Sydney the game. What about when McPhee was shafted deep in our defensive 50 when he was one out with Bevan I think it was. Has his arm held and gets the free paid against him. Easy goal to Bevan directly in front. BIG mistake by the umpire, even Voss was all over it.

Then you have the media saying we got "lucky" against Richmond and now Sydney. Calling them "controversial wins". Why? The new rules say that richo had hands in the back. Even Richo admitted that. The media are implying that we should not have/and do not deserve the 8 pts for the wins.

I have friends who dont even really follow the footy and they always say they support anyone who is kicking the Bombers ass. No one likes Essendon. Are we the club that is the most hated on??

Cant wait till we start dominating again. It will be a living nightmare for these haters...
andrewb wrote: "I think there will be all australian representation at some stage in their careers for winders and bradley".
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

They hate the fact that our club is so successful in whatever it does.

"Arrogance" some call it but as Hirdy said a few years ago there is a big difference between arrogance and pride in yourself and your club.

To be honest who really cares what other supporters think, let them hate us.
tom9779
Club Captain

Re: Why are Essendon so hated??

Post by tom9779 »

DC wrote:After the Sydney win my mate tells me, "you guys got lucky". I thought, WTF? How?

He obviously brings up the McPhee out of bounds/McVeigh goal. You cant just pull one mistake out and say 'THAT' specific incident cost Sydney the game. What about when McPhee was shafted deep in our defensive 50 when he was one out with Bevan I think it was. Has his arm held and gets the free paid against him. Easy goal to Bevan directly in front. BIG mistake by the umpire, even Voss was all over it.

Then you have the media saying we got "lucky" against Richmond and now Sydney. Calling them "controversial wins". Why? The new rules say that richo had hands in the back. Even Richo admitted that. The media are implying that we should not have/and do not deserve the 8 pts for the wins.

I have friends who dont even really follow the footy and they always say they support anyone who is kicking the Bombers ass. No one likes Essendon. Are we the club that is the most hated on??

Cant wait till we start dominating again. It will be a living nightmare for these haters...
All you got to say to a losing team in a close one.

Your boys just need to be first at the ball...

BTW you were with unusual fans...all the swans fans near me, were big fans of sheeds. we got a lot of respect for a team which almost spooned it last year.
gringo
Club Captain

Re: Why are Essendon so hated??

Post by gringo »

DC wrote:After the Sydney win my mate tells me, "you guys got lucky". I thought, WTF? How?

Why get involved in pointless arguments like this? You need to start dealing in the bigger football issues DC; see my "titted apron" post below.
spikefan
On the Rookie List

Post by spikefan »

Filthy wrote:Who cares?
Exactly, I don't mind a bit that we are hated, I want us to be feared.
Red and Black Forever
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Scoreboard!!!!!!
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

We are considered to be arrogant. 2000 we were unbeatable and we knew it.

I for one love being hated. I AM arrogant about this great club. We have a lot to be pround of as I'll unceasingly tell anyone who'll listen.

You wear the abuse in years like last year, because you have pleasant memories to bolster you and confidence success is around the corner.

As for the "Lucky" crap. How many times last year were we on the other end of it?
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

i love the fact we are hated, im just happy we arn't labelled the scum or filth or spitters, that kinda crap
dingus
Regular Senior Player

Post by dingus »

Until you are hated, you are no-one. (Unless of course you are collingwood, then you are both.)
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

dingus wrote:Until you are hated, you are no-one. (Unless of course you are collingwood, then you are both.)
:lol:
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Because we are the only team who is successful both on the field and off the field. Let people hate us, I just point to the fact that we drag in $1mil in profits per year, havent won a wooden spoon in 74 years and were the last Victorian team to win a flag.
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

Shhhh DC. The rest of the world don't care about the umpiring decisions that happened earlier in the game, the only one that counts is THAT one.

In the old BT for awhile I had a sig in Latin... something to the affect of "They hate because they fear"...
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

AFTER TONIGHT WE SHOULD DEMAND RESPECT WHAT ELSE COULD WE POSSIBLY DO.

UP YOURS GARRY LYON :evil: THANKS FOR THE MOTIVATION.
Royza
Club Captain

Post by Royza »

Probably played a few Lyon comments at 1/2 time. MMM were at their usual crap best again.
stonersmate
Top Up Player

Post by stonersmate »

A few possible reasons for Essendon to be disliked by other clubs/supporters.

1. Success, we've won bulk premierships, made finals, plenty of big names....

2. Lloydy, As much as i adore our captain he's one the biggest reasons we are hated. listen to the boos he gets when we play interstate. Everytime i get the chance to see essendon play at subi, the coaster fans are like rabid dogs.

3. Sheeds, talks to much shit before games. But he knows howto hype up a game big time to get the spotlight off him, but i think he's backing up his words with our last couple of wins which has been great.

But after all this...f*** what other supports reckon, Bombers are back.
red n black til i die
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

stonersmate wrote: But after all this...f*** what other supporters reckon, Bombers are back.
stonersmate wrote: But after all this...f*** what other supporters reckon, Bombers are back.
Once wasn't enough :) In all seriousness f*** the other supporters, f*** all the ignorant dickheads on Bigfooty too.