Mea Culpa

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
spikefan
On the Rookie List

Post by spikefan »

I like people that can recognize that they have been wrong.:wink:

Now, a month ago I was not too sure either where I stood regarding Sheeds so mea culpa too.
Red and Black Forever
hop
Club Captain

Post by hop »

Mea culpa.

He is the foundation of our club - can't let him go
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

I wanted him gone, he will get his contract.

We have finally shown some heart and some passion, the group looks more galvanised than ever and I reckon that can be put down to the leaders and the coaches.
sconsey
On the Rookie List

Post by sconsey »

Possibly me too. I thought it may have been good for a fresh coach to come in, and make sure there were no "favourites" anymore, ensuring everyone earnt their spot...BUT....Four weeks later, looks like the man is performing again.
Maybe we should put him on a 1year contract, he always performs when the pressure is on!!!! Would the coaching staff consider that, or would they sign him for multi years?
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Great call, filth.

This is why this is such a superior site.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
nathanskinner
Top Up Player

Post by nathanskinner »

im still quite annoyed at the sheedy haters a few weeks ago. Especially the people who had terrible solutions like bringing in daniher.

but awesome to see people coming around
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

I was having my serious doubts about him at that stage too he seemed to be being out coached week in week out. What a turn around ever since the Brisbane game.

I really really want him go on now. I cant think of any other coach we would want more. Lets face it he has the score on the board and is such a fantastic front man for Essendon. To quote Dr Phil "What were we thinking ?!"

RE - SIGN HIM NOW !!!
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

the thing i love about Sheedy is everything else he brings to AFL not just coaching us, i can't see Anzac day or Indigenous round being as successful with someone less passionate at the helm of the bombers, thats what im afraid of when he eventually leaves, id like to see him in 2008 despite what ive said in lower times. he is a fantastic coach, that brings more to this club and the AFL then any other coach
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

Mate I should sticky this. The SSAF will be back again this season no doubt.
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Still not sold on Sheeds.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

I admit at times I have questioned some of his decisions (ie the selection of Bradley and moving some players in strange positions ... Pev getting killed in the backline etc) but through it all I have said he's the best man for the job and I maintain that view.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
CameronClayton
High Draft Pick

Post by CameronClayton »

Well I have been a Sheedy knocker from way back, but I ain't complaining about how we are playing. If we keep showing this much spirit & never give in attitude in all our games, then the coach is doing his job.

While I would still like him gone at season's ends (only if a high quality replacement was available, like Bomber), unless the team falls in a complete hole (ie if Fletch & Hird both get injured), we are playing pretty bloody good footy & can look towards a 5th to 8th spot on the ladder & finals footy = Sheedy's job is safe

I like the idea of a 1 year contract, but you know he is gonna get 2.

I don't know how the wily old coot keeps pulling tricks out of his sleeve again in a final contract year, but the old bastard is doing it once again, & I'm lovin it. =P~
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

If we keep going like this, Sheeds will get a 2-3 year deal as the club will recognise how he has developed the young blokes but will also be aware of the impending retirements of Hird (this year) and Fletch (after 2009?).

I think they will want stability during this time of change and Sheeds is the man they'll turn to.

As for getting Bomber, I think the Cats will be getting his signature on paper pretty soon if they keep going the way they have recently.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012