Anyone else concerned about tomorrow night?

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Goes to show how much attention I'm paying at the moment....I thought the F****** game was tonight!

I'm not 100% confident, about 75% is where I'm at.

There are some factors that count against us - 4 hard fought wins in a row, with the last two being HUGE efforts that may take a bit of a toll. Port always lift against us - not sure if it's the Williams v Sheedy thing, and they will be out to prove something this week.

There are also some factors in our favour - we have won two interstate game already. Beaten Adelaide over there. We are playing with a lot of spirit, and should have a lot of cofidence in beating last year's Grand Finalists two weeks in a row (with one being the raging favourite for this year).

Naturally though - anything can happen!
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

This is the most confident I've went into an interstate match in for a long time. We have a great chance.
spikefan
On the Rookie List

Post by spikefan »

No such thing as an easy game in the AFL so I am always worried. I expect the boys to be mentally ready but tired. I expect Port to try very very hard. It will be close. Essendon by 1 point.
Red and Black Forever
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Apparently S Burgoyne is struggling to be fit for Port. That could be a bonus for us.

I think we deserve to be marginal favourites for this one. As usual, if our midfield can at least go close to breaking even then we'll probably win. Our forward line has been brilliant all year and will kick a winning score if given sufficient chances, and our defence has been miserly given the amount of inside 50's we concede.

Port will only win if they flog us in the midfield. There is a possibility that could happen - AAMI is a big, wide ground which requires lots of running, as mentioned we'll be tired from our previous 3 games, and it appears as though Stanton may not play. But if we apply the same endeavour as we showed against the Eagles after 1/4 time, their midfielders will probably squib it and we should win.
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

I wish I was you Rob. I tipped Port.
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Pearce is the danger man in the middle. Shut him down, and keep the Burgoyne's quiet, we'll be fine.

Ebert is the only real scoring option Port have had up forward all year. Keep him out (and our defence is the best in the business at the moment) and we're looking good.

Supply our forward line with enough of the ball and we'll put the score on the board.

Port have looked tired and slow in the last month, while we have been applying a mountain of pressure (excluding the Richmond game) and performed well in the last month.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Our defence rules.
Their forward line sucks.

Not sure how they do down back, but I reckon we should win there to, so they will need to belt our midfield. If Hille does to Lade what he did to Cox, we should definitely get this one.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

As said in another post - win this and we are top 4 bound (and deservedly)

Lose, and we kind of go back to being a Top 8 canidate.

Its the biggest test of the year and frankly this is a game thats all about what goes on between the ears.

On paper, we are clearly the better side
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

I am not confident at all. Was very confident about last week, but I have grave doubts about this one. The media in Adelaide have started to apply the blow torch to Port, and we all know what that can do to galvanise a club.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

A couple of hours to go and that familiar feeling of dread is overtaking me.

Should be facing this gane with optimism given our previous form, but playing those Bastards at Moron Park really worries me as well as the theory that we could be set for a fall after two massive hit outs.

Just for once, would like an easy 6-7 goal win rather than another close one. I find I get so agitated watching interstate games, I have to turn them off. Pathetic, isn't it!!
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

I'm quietly confident. Like last week against Eagles I had the winnign mind set that when we ame back i wasn't shocked haha so I'll do the same. A potential % builder.
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

I hope I am wrong but I really have a bad feeling about tomorrow

I also hate to say it but my biggest concern is Tredrea. Man I hate this guy he makes my teeth go on edge just watching him...

I hope for all hopes that I am wrong!!!
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Concerned? You better bloody believe it.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Filthy wrote:Weather shouldn't apply.

Adelaide Forecast
Issued at 11:30 am CST on Sunday 17 June 2007

Warning Summary
Nil.

Forecast for Sunday
A mainly fine day, then a shower or two developing late afternoon or evening.
Light to moderate southeast winds.

Precis Mainly fine. Late shower.
City: Max 15
Elizabeth: Max 14
Mount Barker: Max 13
Noarlunga: Max 14

UV Index: 2 [Low]
Great news, because the weather bureau is never wrong. They are as honest and as accurate as a politician. :wink:
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

I'm more confident about getting port than any time in the last 5 years. But... If Sheedy brings Heffernan in I'll be really pissed off, even if we win. He will not add anything to the now, or the future.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Port may be down at the moment but it is Tredrea's 200th game and they will be at home and hoping to impress the local fans. Yes we are in great form but we will need to still be at the top of our game to win tonight. If its wet obviously it will be a tough, close in game (thats where we are going to miss Stants) and if we can subdue the Burgoyne's and Cornes's we should come away with the win.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

At half time, I'm very concerned. Very concerned that this will turn into a very ugly loss....
The Don
Top Up Player

Post by The Don »

2 positives from tonight, the last qtr and the fact that we dont have to return to the human toilet that is Adelaide again this year! The port supporters shown on the broadcast were shockers!!
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

The last quarter was good but in the end we could have played like that for 4 quarters instead!