After the break

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

After the break

Post by Sismis »

Lovett, Jetta hopefully NLM. A speed injection looks just the tonic. Davey/Winders can't do it all.
bombers_rock
High Draft Pick

Post by bombers_rock »

Yeah, will be good to get some legs and speed back. Seems like the bookends are on the improve (Fletch and Michael are clicking well), we just need something in the middle to help out. We have legs, we just need to get them onto the park. :)
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Throw Stanton back in as well.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

As deflating as yesterday was well for the first 3 quarters we still have some form following on from the last game so Melbourne look out and if those players come in just adds to it. There is no excuse this year not to make the finals we have barely any injuries so no excuses. I really wouldve loved to have been a fly floatin around yesterday afternoon in the 3/4 time huddle. Should say it more often :roll:
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

It won't be easy against Melbourne. They are now playing alot better than their ladder position suggests.

When was the last time we beat them?
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

robrulz5 wrote:It won't be easy against Melbourne. They are now playing alot better than their ladder position suggests.

Elimination Final back in 2004 by 5 points. Before that Round 17 2003 by 17
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

So they have had the wood over us for a couple of years. They will be very confident so we will have to be ready right from the start.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

robrulz5 wrote:It won't be easy against Melbourne. They are now playing alot better than their ladder position suggests.

Friday 29th June, 2007.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

BenDoolan wrote:

Friday 29th June, 2007.
Fortune Teller as well Ben...what are this weeks lotto numbers? :wink:
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

robrulz5 wrote:So they have had the wood over us for a couple of years. They will be very confident so we will have to be ready right from the start.
Yeah beaten us the last three times, how on earth can we come back from that mentally.

Come on, we have barely won a game for 2 years, if you use your logic, then every team (bar collingwood) will have the wood on us.

Melbourne is one team i am confident with as there forward line consists of Robertson and thats it. Their midfield is ok, but slow (much like ours).

They have a much better ruckman than us, but I actually reckon that their ladder position reflects them well. Probably 13th would be justice I reckon.

I for some reason picked them to finish top, but then you look at the team and I think "how?"
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

swoodley wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:

Friday 29th June, 2007.
Now, now........I keep that sort of information to myself!! :lol:
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Rossoneri wrote:
robrulz5 wrote:So they have had the wood over us for a couple of years. They will be very confident so we will have to be ready right from the start.
Yeah beaten us the last three times, how on earth can we come back from that mentally.

Come on, we have barely won a game for 2 years, if you use your logic, then every team (bar collingwood) will have the wood on us.

Melbourne is one team i am confident with as there forward line consists of Robertson and thats it. Their midfield is ok, but slow (much like ours).

They have a much better ruckman than us, but I actually reckon that their ladder position reflects them well. Probably 13th would be justice I reckon.

I for some reason picked them to finish top, but then you look at the team and I think "how?"

Oh I still think we'll win. It just won't be as easy as some may think. Without Hille it will be made harder as Laycock will be no.1 ruckman.

Bolts may have to play again to run with White around the ground.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

We really struggle when Hille is playing crap. He seems to be our barometer of sorts, and with him out, it hurts.

We saw the games against Collingwood and Hawthorn how bad we looked. And even last night, he played like crap and so did the rest of the team. The times he has played well, we have won (or at least looked decent)
Ramanama
Regular Senior Player

Post by Ramanama »

Lovett, Jetta, NLM and Stanton All should play.

Out- Bolton (No need agaist Melbourne), Heffernan (to slow now), Slatts (get some form in VFL and come back) and maybe Gus?

Not sure...?
V-BOMBERS:
Premiers of the BTCL OD 0'7. V-Bombers!!!
BomberTalk POTY - Ramanama
spikefan
On the Rookie List

Post by spikefan »

BenDoolan wrote:
robrulz5 wrote: When was the last time we beat them?
Friday 29th June, 2007.
Ah, Ah, Ah... Gold
With your legendary 98% accuracy, we are close to a sure win.
Red and Black Forever
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Ramanama wrote:Lovett, Jetta, NLM and Stanton All should play.

Out- Bolton (No need agaist Melbourne), Heffernan (to slow now), Slatts (get some form in VFL and come back) and maybe Gus?

Not sure...?
Sorry Rama, I never have a go at you, but I will now.

That is probably the most stupidest thing you have written, or anybody has written.

Firstly, NLM has not played a game in 3 months. Played 10 minutes in a reserves game in round 8 and that was it. Groin is f*****, mostly like OP, will probably be gone for the year.

And Slattery? Get some form?

C'mon son, you're better than that.
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

BenDoolan wrote:
swoodley wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:

Friday 29th June, 2007.
Now, now........I keep that sort of information to myself!! :lol:

An unusually high number of lottery winners have left Tattslotto officials concerned today. More than 300 winning tickets have been turned in, all, strangely, from Essendon supporters. More on this story as it develops.
Western Red
Regular Senior Player

Post by Western Red »

Ramanama wrote:Lovett, Jetta, NLM and Stanton All should play.

Not sure...?
Gee whiz thats a tough call! He was brilliant against WCE and would be a good match up on Brad Green for Melb.

Can't agree with that one! He didn't run over your cat or somethign did he??
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

Gus needs a game with the VFL and Slatts deserves his spot in the side against melbourne.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Rather Dempsey in before Jetta, but we'll see if they are both fit anyway.

Not sure if Lovett will be fit, but does he deserve to come straight back in? Didn't do enough IMO to earn a spot as son as he returns.

Didn't see this week, but while Slattery hadn't been getting the ball a lot in previous weeks, neither had his opponents.

McPhee found some form this week apparently and JJ too. But I'd be looking at dropping M Johnson. Maybe Campo too, dunno if he was any good this week and Monfries definitely needs a run in the 2s. Maybe he could play in the week off and if he plays well enough could keep his senior spot.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.