Lloydy REPORTED!

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

boncer34 wrote:I'm gonna be killed. But I'm against the general direction of this thread by slamming the AFL. Wheres the abuse directed at the man who is our captain? The man who hit someone after the siren and from behind? I know he was retaliating but what was wrong with grabbing him by the jumper and saying, "Listen you little son of a bitch, you do that again and I'll put you into the middle of next week." Absoloutely nothing wrong with that AND he'd be available. When I saw it at the game I groaned to myself and had a gut feeling he was in trouble, I understand all the flying the flag stuff but there are more disciplined ways of doing it. And its now cost us big time.
I agree completely with you on this one Bonce. As I said in another thread, what Lloyd did was pretty much the same as what Goodes did to Godfrey and Hirdy and we all howled for blood then. We were spewing when Goodes got off (and rightfully so, especially the Godfrey one) and now we spew when the tribunal makes the decision we wanted back then. If it had been Carroll doing it to lloyd, we all would have wanted his head so I can't see what all the fuss is. Lloyd should have been a lot more professional in his remonstration.

As for all these hot headed BTer's....anger management courses all round :wink:
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Swoodley, I think you're missing the point.

It's all about consistency, of which the AFL in its entirety are lacking. Umpiring has no consistency. The MRP have no consistency. Tribunal decisions are inconsistent.

If onoe player gets off for something then all other players should get off for the same thing. If Goodes was suspended then we wouldn't be arguing. The fact remains that Goodes wasn't suspended but Lloyd was. Judd gets off for eye gouging. Kerr with head high bumps, Headland for having a oone sided boxing match with Selwood, etc etc.

Consistency.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

So in the context of what has happened this year, Lloyd goes down as one of the worst offenders :-k
Sol
Top Up Player

Post by Sol »

There is no doubt that he deserved a penalty of some type but 2 weeks!!

As commonly reported here, Goods got off for a similar offense, if anything his was of more force than Lloyds. In fact more importantly in my mind is that Carol himself charged Lloyd after he had marked the ball. If the theory is that Lloyd could not be penalised with a free kick as it was after the siren, surely this also applies for Carol. If his charge was not after the siren I would expect we should have got an up the ground free kick (probably not though given the clearly bias upiring which is another story for another post) but given this was not available why not a report?

Even more intreguing is the point that if Carol was reported or penalised, immediately for his offence would Lloyd have still retaliated? Probably not!

All we seek is some level of consistancy, yet all the AFL deliver consistantly is inconsistancy.

I'm fed up, been fed up for a long time. I want the power clubs to get together and regain some power from the AFL. They should threaten to start a new competition like what happened with the rugby and go through with it if necessary. It's about time the AFL learned that the Clubs bring in the supoorters not the corporate f***sticks that are the AFL administrators.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

BenDoolan wrote:So in the context of what has happened this year, Lloyd goes down as one of the worst offenders :-k
Precisely.

Furthermore, the nature of the "Activation points" that were used to charge Lloyd were such that any legal tackle should fundamentally be a reportable offence using the same activation points, and result in a 2 week suspension.

Intentional (3 points) - Yes a tackle is most certainly intentional
Body contact (1 point) - Yes a well executed tackle involves body contact which usually results in the player being tackled going to ground
Low impact (1 point) - Some tackles are more than what would be considered "low impact" so this certainly applies

This attracts 225 demerit points and a 2 week suspension.

Based on that alone, this charge was ludicrous.

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
Rover 7
Regular Senior Player

Post by Rover 7 »

Yes,it was silly and Lloyd by now should know better,nothing to gain whatever and everything to lose as we now know all to well.
Yet, as many have said where's the consistency.None.
He is being made the scapegoat in an attempt to stop yet another all in push and shove.The crowd thinks it great fun,the players don't get hirt, everyone lets off a bit of steam and they then get on with it.
The Kremlin says what if this or what if that happened.News for them,life's full of what if's.
And,if[there's that would again]you reacted to all of 'em we'd all be stuffed.
Get the boring lawyers and dogooders out of the joint before everyone becomes comatose with boredom.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Rover 7 wrote:Yes,it was silly and Lloyd by now should know better,nothing to gain whatever and everything to lose as we now know all to well.
Yet, as many have said where's the consistency.None.
He is being made the scapegoat in an attempt to stop yet another all in push and shove.The crowd thinks it great fun,the players don't get hirt, everyone lets off a bit of steam and they then get on with it.
The Kremlin says what if this or what if that happened.News for them,life's full of what if's.
And,if[there's that would again]you reacted to all of 'em we'd all be stuffed.
Get the boring lawyers and dogooders out of the joint before everyone becomes comatose with boredom.
Great post.
bombers_rock
High Draft Pick

Post by bombers_rock »

Exactly right Rover 7. Pretty much the point I was trying to make. The players like a bit of push and shove, the fans like it. It's not, in any way, bad for the game. As I said, the AFL does have to draw a line somewhere but they're taking it too far. WAY too far. The way its going it'll get to the point where they outlaw tackles!
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Boyler_Room wrote:Swoodley, I think you're missing the point.

It's all about consistency, of which the AFL in its entirety are lacking. Umpiring has no consistency. The MRP have no consistency. Tribunal decisions are inconsistent.

If onoe player gets off for something then all other players should get off for the same thing. If Goodes was suspended then we wouldn't be arguing. The fact remains that Goodes wasn't suspended but Lloyd was. Judd gets off for eye gouging. Kerr with head high bumps, Headland for having a oone sided boxing match with Selwood, etc etc.

Consistency.
Pretty sure him and I haven't missed the boat here Boyler. Yes they're consistency is piss poor, yes in the ideal world every decision would run the same. But it doesn't, it didn't under the old system and it wont under any system. It sucks but thats the bottom line.

Still think that some of the blame should be placed on our leaders shoulders, yet it hasn't. Lloyd should never and I repeat NEVER have done that.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

BenDoolan wrote:So in the context of what has happened this year, Lloyd goes down as one of the worst offenders :-k
Thats the view thats annoying me. I know its a shit decision but BD no body seems to want to put any of the blame on Lloyd's shoulders.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

I don't think that's the case entirely. Sure some people on the forum are saying he was well within his rights to do what he did.

The point of this thread (as far as I understand) is that he's been reported for something that has already been deemed "acceptable" this season, and then suspended.

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Boyler_Room wrote:I don't think that's the case entirely. Sure some people on the forum are saying he was well within his rights to do what he did.

The point of this thread (as far as I understand) is that he's been reported for something that has already been deemed "acceptable" this season, and then suspended.
Exactly right BR perhaps if the MRP had actually suspended the previous wankers then Lloyd would have thought twice before running into Carrol as he would have known that he was going to cop a suspension too?
stryper
High Draft Pick

Post by stryper »

Still furious about Lloydy getting 1 week but on a Much brighter note...

Go RAMMA!!!

Welcome back and Well done just to survive let alone play AFL again...