Danny Chartres

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

BenDoolan wrote:
Mrs Mercuri wrote:Danny Chartes has regularly been named as one of Bendigo's best this season so thats a good sign. I believe he is a KPP and may be groomed to replace Fletch/Michael one day.
Please stick to the topic!
:)

I'm having a severe case of dejavu, Didn't we talk about this 6 months back?
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Here I though I'd be getting a decent response due to the number of posts responding to this thread. Typically bunch of piss pots.

Although dumbest thing I've ever seen was my mate go through 1 bottle of Chartruse playing shot chess on New years eve. Then he sculled a 2nd bottle for the $10 I bet him.
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

Then he sculled a 2nd bottle for the $10 I bet him.
How was the funeral?

I wonder whether Chartres is a chance for elevation this week? Neagle and Davey on the LTI and he's been in the best for four weeks straight for Bendigo. I think he's been playing down back and in the ruck so he might be a viable replacement for Fletcher.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

What I saw of him in the ruck he was terrible - not tall enough and can't jump high enough to compensate.

Haven't been for a while so couldn't say how he'd do as a KPP, but Lee must play ahead of Chatres.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

jimmyc1985 wrote:I'm rehashing old ground here, but chartreuse is the most disgusting thing known to man! It's what people make you skoll on your birthday to ruin your night.

And i take this opportunity re-pledge my love for ouzo and water. Great drink. No fizz, no fuss. Great change up after drinking beer after beer after beer.
Aaahhh...Ouzo...what a lovely drink...what memories it brings back

My first spirit...had some at a party when I was 16...some guy had brought a bottle and didn't like it so I said give it to me and proceeded to skull two 7 ounce glasses straight...didn't remember much after that

and then there was a mates 21st where I stood behind the bar for about 3 hours pulling beers and mixing drinks. There were several bottles of ouzo and I decided that drinking ouzo and coke straight from the bottle was easier than pouring drinks. Don't know how much I drank but I still had a hangover three days later :shock:

Drinking ouzo and water in various bars in the backstreets of various Greek towns (just like the locals)

Ouzo and Coke at the North Melbourne Social Club on a Thursday night...a full shot of ouzo in a five ounce glass didn't leave much room for ice or coke.

These days I still always have at least one bottle in the cupboard at home but now that I've grown up :roll:, I drink it from a half litre glass with at least four shots a drink...it saves me from having to fill it up too often and usually I can tell my wife that I've only had 2-3 drinks :lol:
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
topdon
Club Captain

Post by topdon »

Chartreuse? I absolutely love the stuff!!!