Fremantle vs Kangaroos

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Fremantle vs Kangaroos

Post by paddyl90 »

Our season can maybe come down to this. If kangaroos win tightens the door on the 8. 2min 30 to go. CMON DOCKERS!!!!

If we are bad at turnovers look at the dockers... at least our turnovers go straight towards the other team lol :lol:
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

Thronton lining up... cmon......misses. 1min 03 to go. Uh oh.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!! F**KEN DOCKERS THEY ARE A DISGRACE THEIR SKILLS ARE THE WORST IN THE LEAGUE EVEN WORSE THAN CARLTON AND RICHMOND. Well on the other hand least they are bad at home maybe another win later in the season along with carlton and richmond and hopefully collingwood that'd be 12 plus the bulldogs have tough teams in the road ahead its outve us two fighting for that last spot i think.
2QIK4U
On the Rookie List

Post by 2QIK4U »

I reckon Connolly is officially f*****. No way in hell they are gonna make the 8. They are a disgrace, top 4 one year and cant make the 8 the following year.

I think they have some very good and completely over-rated (read Tarrant and Headland). I think this proves that getting Tarrant wasn't going to give them edge to get a flag.

On the plus side - hopwfully gives Harvey a chance to prove his worth as a senior coach.
"..computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. "

Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc. 1989
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Probably spells the end for Connolly. They're just not as good as everyone (themselves included) thought they were.

In the end i think it's beneficial to our finals chances that the Kangaroos won. The Kangas were already ahead of us and we were unlikely to gazump them, whereas Freo were behind us and, prior to today, had a chance of making finals and knocking us out of the 8 in the process.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

yeah keeping the guys that are behind us, right there is what we need, st kilda are the only ones to worry about i think, they should make the finals you would think
ZRS
Regular Senior Player

Post by ZRS »

since we are now 10th, i think we want a couple of the teams above us to go down in a few games also.

but yes, agree st k are the only team below us that could cause us any problems,
48.2 sismis to ZRS, SIX, ???!!! Its coming towards the commentary box Im leaving!!!
48.3 sismis to ZRS, FOUR, Who needs Bradman when weve got ZRS
48.4 sismis to ZRS, FOUR, Brillian cover drive by ZRS
48.6 sismis to ZRS, SIX, Display of Raw power and brutality by ZRS
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

2QIK4U wrote:I reckon Connolly is officially f*****. No way in hell they are gonna make the 8. They are a disgrace, top 4 one year and cant make the 8 the following year.

I think they have some very good and completely over-rated (read Tarrant and Headland). I think this proves that getting Tarrant wasn't going to give them edge to get a flag.

On the plus side - hopwfully gives Harvey a chance to prove his worth as a senior coach.
See ya later Connolly.... i can't believe the Dockers were flag faves at the start of the year. As if recruiting Tarrant and Solly was going to win them a flag...
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

actually now that i think about it, we shouldn't be worrying about St Kilda troubling us cause we arn't in the top 8 anymore, we need to win games and overtake the teams that are in front of us, no good trying to stay ahead of teams when we are outside the 8 ourselves
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

You can assume the top 4 are definitely in finals now to the cluster on 36, 32 and 28.

Essendon Last 7

Rnd 16 Collingwood MCG
Rnd 17 Adelaide TD
Rnd 18 Hawthorn MCG
Rnd 19 Fremantle S
Rnd 20 Carlton MCG
Rnd 21 Richmond MCG
Rnd 22 West Coast S

St Kilda Last 7

Rnd 16 Hawthorn MCG
Rnd 17 Carlton TD
Rnd 18 WB TD
Rnd 19 Sydney TS
Rnd 20 Fremantle TD
Rnd 21 West Coast TD
Rnd 22 Richmond MCG

Western Bulldogs Last 7

Rnd 16 Geelong TD
Rnd 17 WCE TD
Rnd 18 St Kilda TD
Rnd 19 Melbourne TD
Rnd 20 Adelaide AAMI
Rnd 21 Hawthorn TD
Rnd 22 Kangaroos TD

Adelaide Last 7

Rnd 16 Fremantle AAMI
Rnd 17 Essendon TD
Rnd 18 Port AAMI
Rnd 19 Geelong SS
Rnd 20 WB AAMI
Rnd 21 Brisbane AAMI
Rnd 22 Collingwood TD

Sydney Last 7

Rnd 16 WCE S
Rnd 17 Richmond SCG
Rnd 18 Melbourne MO
Rnd 19 St Kilda TS
Rnd 20 Brisbane G
Rnd 21 Collingwood MCG
Rnd 22 Hawthorn SCG

Port Adelaide Last 7

Rnd 16 Richmond MCG
Rnd 17 Melbourne AAMI
Rnd 18 Adelaide AAMI
Rnd 19 Carlton AAMI
Rnd 20 Hawthorn AU
Rnd 21 Geelong SS
Rnd 22 Fremantle AAMI

Collingwood Last 7

Rnd 16 Essendon MCG
Rnd 17 Brisbane MCG
Rnd 18 Carlton MCG
Rnd 19 Richmond MCG
Rnd 20 Melbourne MCG
Rnd 21 Sydney MCG
Rnd 22 Adelaide TD

:roll: typical :roll:

West Coast

Rnd 16 Sydney S
Rnd 17 WB TD
Rnd 18 WCE S
Rnd 19 Kangaroos TD
Rnd 20 Richmond S
Rnd 21 St Kilda TD
Rnd 22 Essendon S

So there's everyones run % % % % it will come down to.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

We have a really tough draw. I'm glad North won today which keeps Fremantle 2 games behind us. Our fate is still in our own hands for the next 3 weeks as we play teams above us also fighting for finals spots.
bombers_rock
High Draft Pick

Post by bombers_rock »

Tipped the Roos, happy from that perspective.

This season is unbelievably even. We're sitting 10th tonight, yet we're only a game and % off 4th spot. We're still right in contention to make the finals. Just got to pull the finger out and get some good wins in.
JumboPaddy wrote:You can assume the top 4 are definitely in finals now to the cluster on 36, 32 and 28.
Yep, hard to see the top 3 going anywhere. With 4th - 10th, finals spots are wide open for the taking.
Essendon Last 7
Rnd 16 Collingwood MCG - tough, but winnable.
Rnd 17 Adelaide TD - should win (probably the most likely of the next month)
Rnd 18 Hawthorn MCG - tough, but not impossible.
Rnd 19 Fremantle S - very winnable - just have to take the right mindset.
Rnd 20 Carlton MCG - surely we can't lose to them again.
Rnd 21 Richmond MCG - played well and got over the line last time, should get over the line again.
Rnd 22 West Coast S - as with Fremantle - are we seeing the beginnings of their wheels falling off?
Collingwood Last 7

Rnd 16 Essendon MCG
Rnd 17 Brisbane MCG
Rnd 18 Carlton MCG
Rnd 19 Richmond MCG
Rnd 20 Melbourne MCG
Rnd 21 Sydney MCG
Rnd 22 Adelaide TD

:roll: typical :roll:
If Geelong hold their form, and West Coast come back into form, it won't do them much good. They'll finish high and underachieve yet again. Here's hoping anyway.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

we are gone.

we might win v adel, carl, and rich - but the rest I reckon are done and dusted - we are not good enough - even if we manage 12 wins - our % is low - and it is very hard to improve % when you keep conceding 100+ scores like we do.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

I'm pretty confident we will fit in the mix somewhere just carlton and richmond games r the game most important % wise you would think. If we cna play 4 quarters for once.
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

JumboPaddy wrote:I'm pretty confident we will fit in the mix somewhere just carlton and richmond games r the game most important % wise you would think. If we cna play 4 quarters for once.
I don't mind crap being written on this website, and even enjoy adding my own from time to time, but that statement is complete rubbish.

We lost to Carlton at the start of the year, and have history of loosing to them in recent years. We just limped over the line against Richmond, and have a history or loosing to them recently as well! Percentage is the last thing on my mind when we play both those teams. I'm just hoping for a win.

We'll finish around 10 wins I'd imagine, which is a very good effort. Next year is looking up and we should continue our push towards finals.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

Just trying to be positive gringo but your points are fair.
Brumaz
High Draft Pick

Post by Brumaz »

i just love watching freo lose :)