What the media is forgetting.

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

DID you read the initial post or jsut scroll to the latest post and type? I spent a long time typing the initial post about the intangiables SHeed's is devloping. ALso how do you know our players are lazy? Oh I get it. A few images and memories stick in your head because you think our side should be perfect and forget our side is still in the early stages of devlopment.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

Essendon4eva wrote:... forget our side is still in the early stages of development.
I think your premise is wrong E4E - we have a relatively mature side, yes with some kids (but which team doesn't?) - I think we have a developed side with talent and experience and we should be performing much better - but we're not.

Remember what Hird said at the start of the year? - we should be challenging for top 4. Remember what the Coach said during the mid-season break - we will only be better in the 2nd half of the year - we have scraped home in one against a very average side (v melb) and have lost 3 straight since. Admittedly v Geel we were excellent for much of the game despite being ravaged by injury throughout. But v WB and except for 3rd qtr v Coll - we have been very average.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

ANd those amture players are in place to help teh young kids devlop. They are their for the sake of devlopment, except for guys like Fletcher, Lucas, Lloyd and McVeigh. Also the guys like Peverill, Mark Johnson, Campo, JJ ect are old school players who will not be with us in 2-3 years. By that time all of our young core, group will be better. Also remember guys like Welsh played alot of Football where they could get away with not have a important roles when guys like Lloyd, Mark Johnson etc were all at their peak taking teh pressure from them.

I don't care what Kev or Hird siad about our teams devlopment. I care about what I see. I epected the team to peak and then drop off. Thats what devloping teams do.

I didn't come into the season with false hopes like the rest of you did. I except our team to have patches of playing great football and also playing average football.

Sorry mate, but you have no idea about how a devloping side plays or where we are in our devlopment. We are doing it the right way, unlike Carlton with no older guys to take pressure from thier young core.
CameronClayton
High Draft Pick

Post by CameronClayton »

Yep Sheeds has the Bombers rebuilding at a faster rate than Port Adelaide, even though they won a flag 4 YEARS after us. We have never stagnated in the last 5 years.... :?
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

2001-2004 - Semi finals.

2005 - Missed the top eight.
2006 - Second last.
2007 - Will finish between 7th or 12th.

Stagnent?
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

One side of the argument is the overly optomistic E4eva on the other the overly pessimistic Tony. Sorta how I see your discussion, but both of you have good and stupid points.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

WOuld you like to explain yourself?

At least the guy above and myself have enouhg balls to actually discuss our opinions and put it all out there. WHat of our points do you agree with? What are stupid?
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Essendon4eva wrote:WOuld you like to explain yourself?

At least the guy above and myself have enouhg balls to actually discuss our opinions and put it all out there. WHat of our points do you agree with? What are stupid?
What are you like 3? Jeez doesn't take much to rile you up. Starting to think Jimmy was on the money with calling you a peanut. Anyway Mr Enough Balls, I sadly have to go do other things then stay here but when I have enough time I'll post a reply for you. Cheerio.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

boncer34 wrote:One side of the argument is the overly optomistic E4eva on the other the overly pessimistic Tony. Sorta how I see your discussion, but both of you have good and stupid points.
I haven't made any stupid points! :wink: :lol:
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

boncer34 wrote:
Essendon4eva wrote:WOuld you like to explain yourself?

What are you like 3? Jeez doesn't take much to rile you up. Starting to think Jimmy was on the money with calling you a peanut. Anyway Mr Enough Balls, I sadly have to go do other things then stay here but when I have enough time I'll post a reply for you. Cheerio.
Tha don't post anything. You call my poitns stupid, but don't actually be specific. If you are going to say someone is wrong then actually be specific.