Tenace and Lloyd

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
hillchaser
High Draft Pick

Tenace and Lloyd

Post by hillchaser »

Anyone hear Sheedy saying that things could have been different if we had of won the Geelong game. We were a big show in that game.. and it cost us a lot in the end...

Imagine if Tenace hadn't decided to ride Davey into the ground and break his arm. Or if Lloyd could have run straight off the ground against Melbourne

I know these things happen in football but the smallest things could have seen us in a different position. .. I don't think these will have been lost of Sheeds either.

Just my opinion .
bombers_rock
High Draft Pick

Post by bombers_rock »

Could have been different if we won the Carlton game.
Could have been different if we lost the West Coast or Sydney games.

Could've, should've, if, but, maybe...

If the board had made up their minds back in January, even 50%, that this would be Sheeds' last season, I don't think a few individual difference would have changed anything.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

If instead of winning those one kick matches (Richmond, Sydney, WC and Melbourne) we lose them, we are then sitting 4-12. Or if we break even, we are sitting 6-10.

Ifs and buts...

I know what you are saying, but thats footy.

If the AFL hadnt changed that priority pick rule we would have Selwood at the club.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Re: Tenace and Lloyd

Post by Windy_Hill »

Filthy wrote:
hillchaser wrote:Anyone hear Sheedy saying that things could have been different if we had of won the Geelong game. We were a big show in that game.. and it cost us a lot in the end...

Imagine if Tenace hadn't decided to ride Davey into the ground and break his arm. Or if Lloyd could have run straight off the ground against Melbourne

I know these things happen in football but the smallest things could have seen us in a different position. .. I don't think these will have been lost of Sheeds either.

Just my opinion .
And a very valid one too...add to that that Sheeds has never had his preferred mid field all year because of injury ie Demps, Jetta, Lovey, Froggy, Licha, Stants at anyone time.

Imagine all that pace on the ground at the same time
and thats why I would be getting excited if I was a potential coaching candidate