Austin Lucy

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
king_rasto
High Draft Pick

Austin Lucy

Post by king_rasto »

We're all talking about the need for a key defender.
Wasn't this fellow All Australian Under 18 Fullback Last year????
danstar84
Club Captain

Post by danstar84 »

Needs some time to fill out. He is still pretty thin.

Having said that, there is a lot to like about him. Very attacking defender when needed. Looks like he knows when to run off and when to stay. Needs to work on his kicking, as he can spray it a bit.
Daniel.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Spot on King_Rasto. I've keep bringing his name up when everyone starts talking drafting KP Defenders. Noone ever lists his name when it comes to backline stocks. The guy was All Australian U-18 FB just last year and they've all forgotten him.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

Why wasn't he given a game this year?
I haven't seen him myself - is he still too raw?
bowzer
Top Up Player

Post by bowzer »

Boyler_Room wrote:Spot on King_Rasto. I've keep bringing his name up when everyone starts talking drafting KP Defenders. Noone ever lists his name when it comes to backline stocks. The guy was All Australian U-18 FB just last year and they've all forgotten him.
drafting a CHB is what everyones on about, Fletchers getting old and wont live forever and Lucy looks like the go to boy but his pretty young and raw at the moment and looks like if you threw him up in there he'd get blown away with the wind.

In 07 he'll do a full preseason, get strength, stamina and meat on his body, get thrown into 5-10 games to get a feel of AFL level and it'll all go from there.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

I was referring more to the people on this board who are continually listing backline players who might be able to fill the void in the backline, both CHB and FB (when Fletcher goes). Lucy is never mentioned.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
antcl
Top Up Player

Post by antcl »

If you say Fletcher is reasonably near the end, then we need to replace both CHB and FB.

Lee, Lucy & Bradley give us three options. History would indicate that the odds of all three coming on are damn slim, and Bradley doesn't necessarily look like a defender.

So getting another top young KP player who can play KP defence, and hopefully also forward if we do end up having enough down back makes sense.
sash
On the Rookie List

Post by sash »

Dont think Lucy will hold down a Key Position to small and we have already got a few of his size Mcphee NLM and so on but still goodluck to him and look forward to see what he can bring us in the future.
king_rasto
High Draft Pick

Post by king_rasto »

sash wrote:Dont think Lucy will hold down a Key Position to small and we have already got a few of his size Mcphee NLM and so on but still goodluck to him and look forward to see what he can bring us in the future.
193 cm too small? With a bit of growing to do, I think not!