Skill Level

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Skill Level

Post by Rossoneri »

Geez our skills are pathetic. So many turnovers coming out of defence. Reckon it cost us 3 goals at least today, thankfully Adelaide turned it over just as much.

When sheeds goes, tell him to take our skills coach with him. Its becoming a joke as to how grown men can not hit a target 20 meters up the ground.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Rossoneri, at times our skills looks very, very good. At other times we looked abysmal.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
bomberflyer
Top Up Player

Post by bomberflyer »

My god...Kepler Bradley is one dead duck...everything he touches turns to shit.

I think it may be good to see the back of Sheedy despite it being a shock in the same light.
No.1 Fan of Alwyn and his Band of Brothers.

2008 Mission: Operation Aaron Davey
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

Consistancy is usually a problem with most devloping teams.
Royza
Club Captain

Post by Royza »

Ball use going into the forward 50 wasn't much better at times. Players on their own ignored, & bombing the ball to several crows on their own.

The other annoying thing about the way we've been playing is getting a few goals ahead, then giving up the momentum & panicking.

The good thing is winning the close ones. If we clear up the skill errors, & get some ruthlessness into the team, then we'll go places.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Three occasions saw us snap at the goals and miss yesterday. Each of those occasions had enough time to straighten up and run at the goal instead of low % 'round the corner snaps. McPhee was one, the others I can't remember...

Licha got one eventually, and just as well to.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

F111 wrote:Three occasions saw us snap at the goals and miss yesterday. Each of those occasions had enough time to straighten up and run at the goal instead of low % 'round the corner snaps. McPhee was one, the others I can't remember...

Licha got one eventually, and just as well to.
Licha missed one in the second quarter.

Also in defence, we would blindly kick the ball out. Where are the voices to tell them they have time? And what happened to "hitting the boundary line" when in trouble?
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

have a read of this article

http://realfooty.com.au/news/rfmatchrep ... 41218.html

not only for its description of our disposal - but very interesting paragraph about the "coaching oversight"
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

McVeigh showed yesterday how valuable a player is who can hit targets consistently. With our lack of pace, we simply can't afford to turn it over and expect to win. We got away with it yesterday, but that was because Adelaide were as poor by foot as we were. On a bigger ground, such as the MCG, we simply will need to hit targets.
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

I dont think leaving Hille on the bench was an oversight. Somehow it seems once Laycock goes into the ruck we start winning it out of the middle and this seems to happen even when he doesnt get the tap. Its like the Adelaide rovers read Hille's tap and they didnt read Laycocks as well. At the moment Laycock is having a more significant influence on the game than Hille.

As for the Adelaide player plugging the leading space of Lloydy well some of our players kicks in the second quarter were just plain dumb.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

MH_Bomber wrote:I dont think leaving Hille on the bench was an oversight. Somehow it seems once Laycock goes into the ruck we start winning it out of the middle and this seems to happen even when he doesnt get the tap. Its like the Adelaide rovers read Hille's tap and they didnt read Laycocks as well. At the moment Laycock is having a more significant influence on the game than Hille.

As for the Adelaide player plugging the leading space of Lloydy well some of our players kicks in the second quarter were just plain dumb.
That's bullshit...Hille was clearly better than Laycock yesterday. Adelaide were a lot better when Hille was off the ground except for a period in the second quarter where Hille seemed to be second guessing himself at the centre bounces.

Even Neil Craig said that Hille was excellent and a major contributor to us scoring 11 goals from stoppages.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

I've realised what Peverill does that makes his kicking poor. He holds the ball flat, rather than pointing down.

Swoodley, I think MH meant over the past month or so, not just this week. I also reckon that Laycock has been better recently and we seem to get it out of the middle more with him on all year.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.