Nash

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
bomberdon
Top Up Player

Nash

Post by bomberdon »

That tackle on the wing, where he collared 2 Crows players, rates as one of the best tackles I've seen.

A fantastic game...
sconsey
On the Rookie List

Post by sconsey »

Yeh, was a bloody good tackle by Nash. Also like lloyd and Gumbys tackle. Essendons pressure around the ground was pretty good today.

BUT

I still hate this idea of zoning off the man with the ball. What does it achieve? We zone them off, we may stop the hand ball over the top to the next person, but while stopping that, the man that actually has the ball runs 80 metres down the wing without any pressure! It happened several times today, until someone finally approached the ball carrier, and suprise, they soon get rid of the ball under pressure.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

I think he's a gem.
sconsey
On the Rookie List

Post by sconsey »

Bloody Oath he's a gem. Everytime he gets the ball you just know he is going to use it effectively. Today he also showed his defensive aspects, which was great. Surely going to be a 200 game player!!!
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

Post by boncer34 »

Top point Sconsey.

I've been trumpeting Nash for ages now, he is going to be a really good player for us now that it appears he found his feet.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

sconsey wrote: I still hate this idea of zoning off the man with the ball. What does it achieve? We zone them off, we may stop the hand ball over the top to the next person, but while stopping that, the man that actually has the ball runs 80 metres down the wing without any pressure! It happened several times today, until someone finally approached the ball carrier, and suprise, they soon get rid of the ball under pressure.
It is an area of our game which shits me to tears.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

BenDoolan wrote:
sconsey wrote: I still hate this idea of zoning off the man with the ball. What does it achieve? We zone them off, we may stop the hand ball over the top to the next person, but while stopping that, the man that actually has the ball runs 80 metres down the wing without any pressure! It happened several times today, until someone finally approached the ball carrier, and suprise, they soon get rid of the ball under pressure.
That is really frustrating. Edwards took 5 bounces running from half back to half forward without any pressure. Campbell (a first gamer) took 4 on the opposite wing about 5 minutes later. It happened constantly... and has been happening constantly for at least the last couple of months. Didn't get to see too many games early in the season to see whether it was a major problem then as well.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
dingus
Regular Senior Player

Post by dingus »

Boyler_Room wrote: It happened constantly... and has been happening constantly for at least the last couple of months. Didn't get to see too many games early in the season to see whether it was a major problem then as well.
Been part of our game plan since 2003. Needs to go, it doesn't work.
Brumaz
High Draft Pick

Post by Brumaz »

I like Him. Dennis Commetti has given him his seal of approval. Must be good ;)
pevfan
On the Rookie List

Post by pevfan »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

sconsey wrote:

I still hate this idea of zoning off the man with the ball. What does it achieve? We zone them off, we may stop the hand ball over the top to the next person, but while stopping that, the man that actually has the ball runs 80 metres down the wing without any pressure! It happened several times today, until someone finally approached the ball carrier, and suprise, they soon get rid of the ball under pressure.

Here Here!!! ...Couldn't agree more. You don't get a proper appreciation of it when watching it on the box but when you're there watching that crap, you can see it coming a mile off...an opposition player zones off, his Essendon apponent makes no attempt to pick him up even sometimes when the ball is more than 100 metres away you just know the opposition player is going to have the ball kicked to him for an uncontested possie with all the time in the world to either carry the ball or pick out a tema mate even though we are zoning back. A zone defence works ok on the basketball court but not on a footy field because, guess what...a footy field is much, much bigger than a basketball court...theres too much space to cover with a zone defence. You are right Sconsey.

.Look at North, they are a team of no-names and yet here they are sitting 2nd on the ladder, what's their secret? I heard Tony Shaw (I think it was) on 3AW talking about the Roos on Sunday. I thought he made a very interesting comment...He reckons North are the best team in the comp when they haven't got the ball. Well I reckon if North are the best then we would have to be one of the worst.

I never see North play (I missed ourgame against them this year)except on the box and as I said you can't pick it up on there, but whatever they are doing when they haven't got the ball, it's obviously working...time our coaching panel started taking a leaf I reckon cos as Sconsey wrote are plan just aint working.