I like Keps

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
bpdons
High Draft Pick

I like Keps

Post by bpdons »

Watched his endeavour against the Crows and he really did give 100% and worked his butt off. He made some mistakes natuarally, but it really looked like he hurt from it. And he really tried hard to make ammends.
By the siren at half time he was stuffed. I felt sad that he didn't get more support from the players for his hard working efforts.
Don't write this man off just yet.

Keep your head up Mr. Bradley, i reckon you're alright.

Ben
stryper
High Draft Pick

Post by stryper »

Please tell me you are joking right?
He is a dud but you can't win them all...
Makes far too many mistakes for a Senior Afl player...
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

Poor bastard. I can't believe that he has been moved forward with a lot of success in the twos (with CJ going to CHB) and they decided to bring him in to replace Fletcher alongside gumbleton in his debut. Great way to kill a career. The only way that selection could have worked was if sheeds was playing Lucas at CHB with two tall HFFs. Which, given the flogging that Bock gave Scotty, would probably not have been that bad an idea.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

The modern day Kevin Walsh.
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

andrewb wrote:Poor bastard. I can't believe that he has been moved forward with a lot of success in the twos (with CJ going to CHB) and they decided to bring him in to replace Fletcher alongside gumbleton in his debut. Great way to kill a career.
Yep.

He could have been a player, but Sheeds' handling of him has stuffed him up permanently.
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

Workplaces are under an obligation to nurture their employees, and do everything they can to ensure they succeed. I believe that this has been done with Kepler and it's now time for him to move on and give someone else a chance at AFL football. Kepler has had his chance. I don't liket he idea of him walking around feeling like a failure, but it's a terrible feeling playing in a football team where you know your team mates don't believe in you.
merc_2
Regular Senior Player

Post by merc_2 »

Your kidding me!
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

gringo wrote:Workplaces are under an obligation to nurture their employees, and do everything they can to ensure they succeed. I believe that this has been done with Kepler and it's now time for him to move on and give someone else a chance at AFL football. Kepler has had his chance. I don't liket he idea of him walking around feeling like a failure, but it's a terrible feeling playing in a football team where you know your team mates don't believe in you.
On at least four occasions on Sunday he was by himself and his teamates elected to go elsewhere. This is a pretty damning sign.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Sismis wrote:
gringo wrote:Workplaces are under an obligation to nurture their employees, and do everything they can to ensure they succeed. I believe that this has been done with Kepler and it's now time for him to move on and give someone else a chance at AFL football. Kepler has had his chance. I don't liket he idea of him walking around feeling like a failure, but it's a terrible feeling playing in a football team where you know your team mates don't believe in you.
On at least four occasions on Sunday he was by himself and his teamates elected to go elsewhere. This is a pretty damning sign.
Also noticed that. He was totally ignored, and it wasn't because he was inconspicuous.
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

BenDoolan wrote:The modern day Kevin Walsh.
Who ended up playing for the big "V"!!

Don't get me wrong. K Walsh reduced me to tears at times and invariably cost us at least 1 goal per game, But he was tall and quick. Kepler is just tall
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

I've said it before and I'll repeat my thoughts here again...tall, mobile, not quite strong enough, good overhead, variable kick.

As a 18-19 yo he got the hardest jobs in football...chb on the monster chf's.

He got the job because there wasn't anyone else to do it.
Blame Sean Wellman. Blame Aaron Henneman..Retired or injured unfortunately. Henneman as a youngster looked very promising in the role in 2001 until injured, and if he'd stayed fit just might've been the chb we needed. However, we all know his injuries curtailed any chance he had of making it.
The options were Lucas at chb and Kep at chf, but that wouldn't have kept anyone happy either would it? So, because he was tall and mobile he got the job...unfortunately for him.
On at least two occasions he was unable to fly home from interstate games due to bad knocks to head and/or chest (can't remember details) That's going to diminish the confidence of any bloke , let alone a youngster. Tough initiation for sure. He even did some ruckwork. That's not his fault.

The story repeated itself last weekend, but Lucas spent more time down back.

I also like Kepler. I see him ahead of CJ as he has more of a go. CJ manages the occasional big bump or perfect lead, then fluffs the kick. He doesn't seem to put in as much however.

I don't think it's Sheedys fault that Kepler gets these jobs. Sure he selects him and moves him around, but given the choices, what might you do when the team performance is your responsibility?

Fletch is back this week,so do we put Kepler to chf and Lucas to chb? If it was me, I'd do it, but I'm in the camp that says Lucas provides great drive from the hb line. Lucas would soon enough get the same crap he got 5-6 years ago in here, 'cause he wouldn't be able to hold a Brown/Hall/Tredrae type either.
uptick
High Draft Pick
Location: Under cover, deep in the heart of Carlscum territory

Post by uptick »

Sismis wrote:
I noticed that as well, looked really bad, actually, poor c**t.

He's almost been set up to fail, ie play in BB's forward line, stuck in the seniors bsckline, never tried on the wing, I don't know whether he's going to come good, but shoving him in the deep end at ever opportunity ain't going to help.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Re: I like Keps

Post by Essendon4eva »

bpdons wrote:Watched his endeavour against the Crows and he really did give 100% and worked his butt off. He made some mistakes natuarally, but it really looked like he hurt from it. And he really tried hard to make ammends.
By the siren at half time he was stuffed. I felt sad that he didn't get more support from the players for his hard working efforts.
Don't write this man off just yet.

Keep your head up Mr. Bradley, i reckon you're alright.

Ben
He may work his ass off, btu his skills all round are terrible. Hard work is only one indicator in the worth of a player. SOme players are jsut not ment to be footballers.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

he tries but still can't play
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
2QIK4U
On the Rookie List

Post by 2QIK4U »

If he is on the list next year, he may benefit from whoever becomes the new coach.
"..computer games don't affect kids. I mean if Pacman affected our generation as kids, we'd all be running around in a darkened room, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. "

Kristian Wilson, Nintendo Inc. 1989
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Has no footbal brain and turns the ball over under the slightest amount of pressure.

Is just plain useless in defence, if he has a spot, it should be up forward.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Rossoneri wrote:Has no footbal brain and turns the ball over under the slightest amount of pressure.

He doesn't have a spot.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
Brumaz
High Draft Pick

Post by Brumaz »

2QIK4U wrote:If he is on the list next year, he may benefit from whoever becomes the new coach.
very good point mate.
sconsey
On the Rookie List

Post by sconsey »

Boyler_Room wrote:
Rossoneri wrote:Has no footbal brain and turns the ball over under the slightest amount of pressure.

He doesn't have a spot.
He does have a spot... CHB (Centre Half Bench) :lol:

I say give him one more year. A new coach will be like a new lease of life for him. He might be able to find his pernament position, and be played there on a "pernament" basis. If next year doesnt show any improvement, then id say we will try and get a draft pick for him, or clean him off our list.
merc_2
Regular Senior Player

Post by merc_2 »

I sit right next to the interchange race at the Dome. When Kepler was taken off in the 3rd quarter there was applause. When he went back on in the last quarter, there was despair.

Essendon fans have no faith whatsoever in this player.