Boncers Review

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Sismis wrote:While Mcphee hasn't developed into the superstar we had hoped, he is still an excellent player. Has some shocking disposal at times, but he averages 20 touches a game, 8 marks and 3 tackles. A more than adequate return.
Therein lies the deceptiveness of statistics. Most of those marks would be uncontested receives from Fletcher, and a good portion of those possies would be horizontal chip passes or handballs to a bloke under pressure.

I'm usually a fan of stats, but those statistics are useless.
jayden1990
High Draft Pick

Post by jayden1990 »

i think we could be in a bit of trouble when the likes of fletch, lucas, lloyd, hird retire... all in the 30's now...
i cant see any 1 filly any of those shoes yet except maybe paddy
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

jimmyc1985 wrote:
Sismis wrote:While Mcphee hasn't developed into the superstar we had hoped, he is still an excellent player. Has some shocking disposal at times, but he averages 20 touches a game, 8 marks and 3 tackles. A more than adequate return.
Therein lies the deceptiveness of statistics. Most of those marks would be uncontested receives from Fletcher, and a good portion of those possies would be horizontal chip passes or handballs to a bloke under pressure.

I'm usually a fan of stats, but those statistics are useless.
Yep. And the same thing can be said for Stanton. He gets a heap of the ball without having any penetration in his disposal or carry.
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »