Peter Power (Dons 84-85 fitness man) says we`re unfit

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
rama_fan
Champion of Essendon

Post by rama_fan »

If we're not doing pilates then it's a joke...

Even my local club enforces all senior players to do compulsory pilates sessions.

Core stability is so important these days.
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

Doctor Fish wrote:
rama_fan wrote:Isn't Peter Powers some F-grade magician?
I thought he was Spiderman's arch-nemisis...

:mrgreen:
Isn't Peter PARKER Spiderman's alter-ego?

(and former fat test umpire!)
rama_fan
Champion of Essendon

Post by rama_fan »

Correct Tony.

Also the source of many good 12th Man jokes!
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

Quinn has been good this year. We've won the majority of our fourth quarters and our injury list has been relatively short this year. Compare it to adelaide (where the supposed master of fitness is in charge) and we're flying.

I haven't exactly been his strongest supporter over the years, either ;)
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

doogle wrote:
Smashed by bulldogs, collingwood, geelong, port adelaide and hawthorn...
Yet good enough to beat the midfield might of West Coast, Adelaide, Brisbane and Sydney....
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Post by Doctor Fish »

tonysoprano wrote:
Doctor Fish wrote:
rama_fan wrote:Isn't Peter Powers some F-grade magician?
I thought he was Spiderman's arch-nemisis...

:mrgreen:
Isn't Peter PARKER Spiderman's alter-ego?

(and former fat test umpire!)
Correct Big Tony... Didn't he also pick the pepper? Oh wait, that was Peter Piper...

:wink:
pevfan
On the Rookie List

Post by pevfan »

For years Sheedy has been obsessed with recruiting talls. Only this year has he gone for pace and running mid-fielders and yet our number 1 pick is yet another 197cm plusser.

But what gets me about all these talls is that, with the possible exception of Laycock, none of them can take a pack mark to save themselves. It seems to me we haven't taken a strong pack mark in our forward zone now for weeks. Lloydy and Scotty take the odd one every now and then but that's about it....So tell me, what is the point of recruiting all these talls if they can't take a mark in a pack, all it does is slow us down

It seems to me Sheedy's mindset is still back in the 80'swhen he had the Vanderhars and the Danihers and the Merretts and Maddens all of whom COULD take fantastic pack marks. It's a running mans game now, has been for years but the penny seems to have only just dropped for Sheeds, unfortunately, for him, all too late.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Filthy wrote:BJ...I'd take Power over the incumbent in a heartbeat. :wink:
You must have shot your load into your breakfast when you read that article this morning. I couldnt stop laughing when I was reading it mate, I just kept thinking of you sitting there going "that's right, tell it how it is". :lol:
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

rama_fan wrote:Correct Tony.

Also the source of many good 12th Man jokes!
Umpire Strikesback!!!!
jayden1990
High Draft Pick

Post by jayden1990 »

Matty llyod said in press conference today that he is currently 2kg lighter than 2000 wen he kicked 109 goals... so how does that comment make sense ?
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

jayden1990 wrote:Matty llyod said in press conference today that he is currently 2kg lighter than 2000 wen he kicked 109 goals... so how does that comment make sense ?
Because his body has aged 7 years and as you get older, its harder carrying more muscle. Also coming back from a serious hamstring injury wont help.

Not to mention that the game has changed alot in the past 7 years.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

Lloyd would out run almost the entire 84,85 team.

This is the guy who was fitness adviser for guys like "The flying dutchman" what was his pregame routine again?
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Six Pack and a packet of ciggies :lol:
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Van der Haar was just a natural.

Yeah Lloyd will outrun most of the 1984-85 team, but so will every other player in the comp. Its a different game all together now.

People continue to talk about how we were in 2000. Lloyd says he is lighter, Quinn uses the same routine as in 2000.

Newsflash: Its changed! Its why we are still lagging behind every other team in this department, and also in recruiting. We think the game is played at the same pace, but its alot quicker than it used to be.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

Rossoneri wrote:Van der Haar was just a natural.

Yeah Lloyd will outrun most of the 1984-85 team, but so will every other player in the comp. Its a different game all together now.

People continue to talk about how we were in 2000. Lloyd says he is lighter, Quinn uses the same routine as in 2000.

Newsflash: Its changed! Its why we are still lagging behind every other team in this department, and also in recruiting. We think the game is played at the same pace, but its alot quicker than it used to be.
Exactly my point.

Lloyd is still averaging 3 goals a game! How many did Brown average last year when he came back from his injury?

We do need work, but when some guy who's been out of the business for 20 years gets the back page to slag us of, then that ticks me off a little bit.

Even hird had shit games ever now and again!
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Im not having a go at lloyd, of course he is heavy. He married an italian FFS. If he didnt put on weight, she will file for divorce.

I just hate it when they talk about 2000 and how they played then. Move on guys, gotta change your philosophy on footy and training, the game has changed, and so should we.

Even if you are on the right path, if your just standing there, you will get run over.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Rossoneri wrote:Im not having a go at lloyd, of course he is heavy. He married an italian FFS. If he didnt put on weight, she will file for divorce.

I just hate it when they talk about 2000 and how they played then. Move on guys, gotta change your philosophy on footy and training, the game has changed, and so should we.

Even if you are on the right path, if your just standing there, you will get run over.
very philosophical :wink: congrats on 11111 posts
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Fraz
Top Up Player

Post by Fraz »

Rossoneri wrote:Im not having a go at lloyd, of course he is heavy. He married an italian FFS. If he didnt put on weight, she will file for divorce.
Hahaha. Blame his grandmother in-law. I remember Lisa once saying on Foxtel that when Lloydy bulked up a couple of seasons ago he asked Lisa's Italian grandmother if he was big enough now and she said "No, no, still too skinny!" :lol: