We need to play more games at the G

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
CameronClayton
High Draft Pick

Post by CameronClayton »

Ok what happens when a team who has played at the Dome in consecutive games plays another team that has played consecutive games? Like what it gonna happen this weekend?

The team that has played less games in a row at that ground will win.

So the Saints, who are playing their 2nd game in a row at the Dome will beat the Doggies who will be playing their 5th game in a row.

And I bet that the Dees will beat the Doggies the following week when they are playing their 6th in a row.

Is anyone gonna dispute that the Doggies are a better team than the Dees? So IF the Dees (& Saints) beat the Doggies, does this make my theory easier to swallow? Will there be some more believers out there then?
bombers_rock
High Draft Pick

Post by bombers_rock »

CameronClayton wrote:I live in a simplistic little world & you live in cold miserable Ballarat
Hey, I don't mind it cold. We get snow and I don't even have to go any further than out my front (or back) door for it.
- go lick my salty balls, moron.
:roll::roll:
I don't want to know how you know they're salty.
Essendon = play 3 in a row at the Dome, win the first, LOSE the next 2
At the moment, yes. But are we the top team in the competition? Are we even in the top 4 at the moment? No. It will change, you will see.
No correlation whatsoever?
I never said that. It's a factor, sure, but you're making it out as if it's the one and only factor. Add that to the fact you keep twisting your argument around to make it sound like you're right.

Let me make it simple for you - you're partly right. But I think you're failing to see the bigger picture - that or ignoring it.
CameronClayton
High Draft Pick

Post by CameronClayton »

CameronClayton wrote:Ok what happens when a team who has played at the Dome in consecutive games plays another team that has played consecutive games? Like what it gonna happen this weekend?

So the Saints, who are playing their 2nd game in a row at the Dome will beat the Doggies who will be playing their 5th game in a row.

And I bet that the Dees will beat the Doggies the following week when they are playing their 6th in a row.

Is anyone gonna dispute that the Doggies are a better team than the Dees? So IF the Dees (& Saints) beat the Doggies, does this make my theory easier to swallow? Will there be some more believers out there then?
Just bringing this old chestnut up again - are the Dees a 7 goal better side than the Doggies? (I actually tipped the Dees, even though I know the
Doggies are a 5 goal better side).

You have to ask yourself - the Doggies play 6 in a row at the Dome, for Win, Win, Loss, Loss, Draw, Loss & their season is in tatters.

We play 3 in a row at the Dome for Win, Loss, Loss & our season has been in tatters ever since.

You reckon teams will be queing up next year to play consecutive games there?
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

CameronClayton wrote:
CameronClayton wrote:Ok what happens when a team who has played at the Dome in consecutive games plays another team that has played consecutive games? Like what it gonna happen this weekend?

Just bringing this old chestnut up again - are the Dees a 7 goal better side than the Doggies? (I actually tipped the Dees, even though I know the
Doggies are a 5 goal better side).

You have to ask yourself - the Doggies play 6 in a row at the Dome, for Win, Win, Loss, Loss, Draw, Loss & their season is in tatters.

We play 3 in a row at the Dome for Win, Loss, Loss & our season has been in tatters ever since.

You reckon teams will be queing up next year to play consecutive games there?
I haven't really got an opinion on this debate CC, that's why I have stayed out of it. But I would just like to throw in a sequence for you to consider. Collingwood have just played 5 consecutive games at the MCG for Win, Loss, Win, Loss, Loss. Who would have thought that a team who is rock bottom with only one win, could beat a team trying to cement a spot in the top 4? And Collingwood are no certainties to beat Melbourne next week at the G either.....
CameronClayton
High Draft Pick

Post by CameronClayton »

good point BD, but IMO the Filth don't have enough talent to be a top 4 team (in fact they are about on par with us in that department) & their young blokes are running out of puff as the season goes on.

Still doesn't explain what's happened to the Doggies (who i thought were top 4 material at the start of the season) recently & their run of soft tissue injuries to blokes like Johnson, Gilbee, West (& Grant's knee).
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

I think CC's theory definately has a lot more credibility now. He predicted the Demon's win 4 weeks ago.

I for one am willing to concede it is an issue.