Sheeds obviously isn't interested anymore Time to go now!!!

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
stryper
High Draft Pick

Sheeds obviously isn't interested anymore Time to go now!!!

Post by stryper »

Yes I have been a massive fan of Sheeds for many years but the fact remains his coaching now it utter shit!
Why the hell short chip and piss fart around GO LONG AND DIRECT!!!
How bloody hard is that to understand.
Why the hell Lloyd in the backline at times?
Why the Hell was Lucas in the backline.
Where are they the most damaging, in the forward line...
So much at stake and to be coached like that!
For Gods sake stop the rot now or hand it over to somebody who is interested.
Sheeds definately not a good way to finish up the year...
Time to move on I'm afraid Past it Mr Sheeds but Thankyou sincerely for the 27 years and all the best for the future.

Yes I am angry - not that we lose but as to how we lose the games.
Sorry to say No Leadership at this club since Hirdy broke down.
What the hell are we going to do now!!!
Season officially OVER
Lloyd is King
Champion of Essendon

Post by Lloyd is King »

No point dumping him now.

What in god's name will removing him achieve? Nothing. It will probably make people angrier.

Try and accept that our list is ordinary.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Yeah, Sheeds might not be interested, but what's the F****** players excuse?
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

Lloyd is King wrote: Try and accept that our list is ordinary.
i think we have a good team, just more often then not they don't show it, as a whole team
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
bombers_rock
High Draft Pick

Post by bombers_rock »

Lloyd is King wrote:Try and accept that our list is ordinary.
:roll:

Well, if that's the case, our "ordinary" list beat both last years Grand Finallists (and the last 2 premiers) in successive weeks. Our "ordinary" list matched it with Geelong for 3 quarters until injuries caught up with us. Our "ordinary" list thumped Brisbane by over 10 goals, a team which has had the wood over us for years. It may be "ordinary", as you've put it, but it's capable of a hell of a lot.

I think one of our biggest problems is the reliance on a certain #5. It seems like when things get tough - he's been there to save the day. When he's not there, everyone looks lost. 2008 could very well be a blessing in disguise. Hopefully it makes the players realise a superstar isn't there to save their bacon when things get hairy and it results in someone else stepping up to the plate and taking charge.

I agree, some players have put in some pretty ordinary performances this year, particularly the older ones. But I think, overall, the team is in reasonable shape for one which is rebuilding. Our younger players, and the things they've shown this year, are something to be quite positive and optimistic about.

It may be all doom and gloom today and for the latter part of 2007. But, looking forward, things aren't so bleak.
BenDoolan wrote:Yeah, Sheeds might not be interested, but what's the F****** players excuse?
Exactly. I'm sick of coaches copping the blame. The coach is NOT ON THE FIELD, he has no physical influence on where the ball goes or to which player it goes and the subsequent disposal of it. When are the players going to be held accountable for disgraceful performances? Here's a novel concept - maybe we should have the players getting grilled in the post-match press conferences.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

BenDoolan wrote:Yeah, Sheeds might not be interested, but what's the F****** players excuse?
I thik Sheeds is still trying to win, we went long and direct in the first quarter and really should have been up by a few goals as we dominated play, I just can't believe how when the players still had a chance to make the eight tonight, let it slip so easily and with little or no fight.

They better turn it around against carl or face the music. Careers are def on the line mainly Dyson, Johnno, Bradley and even McPhee and Welsh (very undisciplined today)
Bomber_Fan
On the Rookie List

Post by Bomber_Fan »

No Sheedy should not leave now - keep him to the end of the season and give him the send off he deserves along with Hird, I don't think anybody could have inspired the rabble that we call the Essendon Football Club to win any more games to get us into the final. Hard running is a concept that is completely unknown to our players.

Hirdy must be hoping he doesn't have to play again this season, I would be ashamed to play with any of the footballers that have lined up for Essendon football club the last couple of weeks. The thing that pisses me off the most is to see that teams like Port Adelaide and Brisbane who started rebuilding well after our football club have miles better lists than us.

Of all four clubs that are looking for prospective coaches, I would be loath to touch the poisoned chalice that is Essendon Football Club - I honestly believe we have the worst list in the competition. I don't care what anybody says about our position on the ladder. And you have a board that is perhaps reluctant to put out the cash on the table for the development of our football team. I'm just worried about too high expectations for any new coach.

I read with great disillusionment about the Marty Clarke experiment been Kevin Sheedy's idea but being rejected by the board as a 'waste of money'. I just hope this was the board getting tired of ideas from Sheedy, some of which have failed miserably. Rather than the board being unprepared to invest in our football department.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

You would think with a new coach about to be appointed, the players would be out to impress the prospective coaches who are no doubt watching with interest. Instead they put in insipid, sub-standard performances. If I were them, I'd be f****** nervous.....
pevfan
On the Rookie List

Post by pevfan »

Lisk wrote...

No point dumping him now.

What in god's name will removing him achieve? Nothing. It will probably make people angrier.

Try and accept that our list is ordinary.

What it might do if Sheedy were to go now is give us an early look at GOD just to see how he'd go, just like the Blues have done with Ratten.

Ratten may well have struggled to even make the short list as Blues coach
when they had their eyes on Voss but now they seem pretty happy with him. How do we know how GOD might go, if he fails then that's one we can scrub off the list but if he were to show something then who knows what might happen...worth a look in my book, nothing to lose by it and possibly much to gain.
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

bollocks.

been beaten by two EXCELLENT footy teams to weeks in a row, two teams which are fast approaching a window of opportunity that havent tasted success for a long time/ever.

EFC is in good shape. sheeds deserves to see and hopefully will see the season out.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Re: Sheeds obviously isn't interested anymore Time to go now

Post by Essendon4eva »

stryper wrote:Yes I have been a massive fan of Sheeds for many years but the fact remains his coaching now it utter shit!
Why the hell short chip and piss fart around GO LONG AND DIRECT!!!
How bloody hard is that to understand.
Why the hell Lloyd in the backline at times?
Why the Hell was Lucas in the backline.
Where are they the most damaging, in the forward line...
So much at stake and to be coached like that!
For Gods sake stop the rot now or hand it over to somebody who is interested.
Sheeds definately not a good way to finish up the year...
Time to move on I'm afraid Past it Mr Sheeds but Thankyou sincerely for the 27 years and all the best for the future.

Yes I am angry - not that we lose but as to how we lose the games.
Sorry to say No Leadership at this club since Hirdy broke down.
What the hell are we going to do now!!!
Season officially OVER
To me it seems like the players are not interested. Lets dump them too!
Calfium Jay
Top Up Player

Re: Sheeds obviously isn't interested anymore Time to go now

Post by Calfium Jay »

Essendon4eva wrote: To me it seems like the players are not interested. Lets dump them too!
Yeah. No real sense of urgency about them is there?

And whatever happened to Lovett Murray?? Our 'star of the future'.

Who do we drop though??

Nobody at the Essendon Football Club seems to have had the guts to point out to Sheedy that many of these 3rd/4th year players simply aren't going to cut the mustard.

Not now - not ever.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

My point is, how is sacking Sheed's now going to help us? All It will do is hurt our club more. Shee'ds gave us alot of 27 years and deserves to finifh out this season.

"Nobody at the Essendon Football Club seems to have had the guts to point out to Sheedy that many of these 3rd/4th year players simply aren't going to cut the mustard. "
Could be true, but how will that change by not letting Kevin finish out the season?
stryper
High Draft Pick

Post by stryper »

All I'm saying if he isn't interested anymore or the players don't want to play for him anymore then he should have the decency to hand it over to somebody like GOD.
Having said that watch what happens when Hirdy returns.
No way would he put up with this shit that is being dished up.
They are like sheep without a Shepherd without him.
Lloydy - doesn't set a very good example with frees and 50's against him.
Hell he didn't even want to be the captain!!!
Why make him then...???
Please James clone yourself NOW
Just make sure that they aren't injury prone :wink:

I couldn't bear to go through that again...
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

stryper wrote:All I'm saying if he isn't interested anymore or the players don't want to play for him anymore then he should have the decency to hand it over to somebody like GOD.
They are contracted to play football, that's what they should f****** do. If they don't, then piss them off as well.
Lloydy - doesn't set a very good example with frees and 50's against him.
Hell he didn't even want to be the captain!!!
Why make him then...???
What makes you think he never wanted it?
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

FInally we agree on something BenDoolan. If I do not like my boss, I'm still expected to work to teh best of my ability.
These players are doing a job. Whether they agree with the game plan or don't like the coach it is there job to play at their best.
stryper
High Draft Pick

Post by stryper »

Ben it was well documented that Lloydy didn't really want to be captain but took on the role - who else and why not?
Is his heart and sole really into it then?
Thats not to say that he can't develop into a good captain now but at the moment he isn't even in the shadow of the great James Hird
This is where the problem stems from...
Lack of Leadership
I say go back to Full Forward where he is the most damaging and stop trying to play a different role.
Useless getting kicks outside goal range...
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

stryper wrote:Ben it was well documented that Lloydy didn't really want to be captain but took on the role - who else and why not?
Is his heart and sole really into it then?
Thats not to say that he can't develop into a good captain now but at the moment he isn't even in the shadow of the great James Hird
This is where the problem stems from...
Lack of Leadership
I say go back to Full Forward where he is the most damaging and stop trying to play a different role.
Useless getting kicks outside goal range...
Show me where it is documented once.

Anyone who has any criticism of Lloyd's game on the weekend to know's nothing about football. Not a shadow of Hird? Garbage, Hird was an alltime great, amongst the best ever to play. Lloyd is a great in his own right. 9th now on the ALL TIME goal kicking. In an era when the role of FF has chnaged completely. Lloyd's leadership yesterday was nothing short of supurb. To counce back from the week before shows real fortitude.

What is the point of staying the goalsquare for the wholwe game watching the ball at the other end?
stryper
High Draft Pick

Post by stryper »

Exactly my point - Yes he is most damaging kicking goals.
Never said he wasn't or isn't a good player Just simply Not captain material and being constantly played out of his most damaging role.. . As for well documented Not really wanting to be the captain - I will try to find the articles for you Unless somebody else can help me with this one...
Was a long time ago now - When he first took on the role was extremely nervous... Maybe things have changed now but back then,
Yes he was out all of last year but he has had plenty of time to get over the injury but hasn't been anywhere near as damaging since.
Good captains don't give away stupid frees or dive for the ball to get a free...
Good captains set an example for the rest of the side.
What did Lloydy do after those 2 pathetic 50 metre penalties?
NOTHING!!!
Why because he does exactly the same thing...
NOT HAPPY JAN!!!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

stryper wrote:Ben it was well documented that Lloydy didn't really want to be captain but took on the role - who else and why not?
I know he desperately wanted it, and embraced it. Perhaps you should look at a game where he took on the captaincy in Hird's absence in 2004 and see how he approached his responsibilty against Port Adelaide. He made his intentions VERY clear that night.