OH WE'RE FROM TIGERLAND!!!!!

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
boncer34
Champion of Essendon

OH WE'RE FROM TIGERLAND!!!!!

Post by boncer34 »

Several weeks ago in our dismal showing against Collingwood I for some reason put several bets on against my Pie mates.

In total I was down 5 slabs and 3 six packs.
However come Friday and one little smart ass sent me a text saying double or nothing on Fridays game? Me being the true brilliant tipster I am agreed to that and made the same bet with EVERYONE else.

To top it off I got an unexpected extra $100 from the tax so to really shut them up I plonked it on the tigers at $5 to win.

So come 11pm Friday night I knew these words very very well:

OH WE'RE FROM TIGERLAND!
A FIGHTING FURY WE'RE FROM TIGERLAND!!
IN ANY WEATHER YOU WILL SEE US WITH A GRIN
RISKING HEAD AND SKIN
WHEN WE'RE BEHIND WE'LL NEVER MIND
WE'LL FIGHT AND FIGHT AND WIN
OH LIKE THE TIGERS OF OLD
WE'RE STRONG AND WE'RE BOLD
OH WE'RE FROM TIGER....
YELLOW AND BLACK
OH WE'RE FROM TIGER LAND

f****** ripper.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Nicely done :D
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

You should gamble in goon bags rather than slabs.

You can buy 4 goon bags for the price of a slab, which equates to about 3-4 times more alcohol.
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Re: OH WE'RE FROM TIGERLAND!!!!!

Post by ealesy »

boncer34 wrote:Several weeks ago in our dismal showing against Collingwood I for some reason put several bets on against my Pie mates.

However come Friday and one little smart ass sent me a text saying double or nothing on Fridays game? Me being the true brilliant tipster I am agreed to that and made the same bet with EVERYONE else.

To top it off I got an unexpected extra $100 from the tax so to really shut them up I plonked it on the tigers at $5 to win.

OH WE'RE FROM TIGERLAND!
RISKING HEAD AND SKIN
OH WE'RE FROM TIGER....
YELLOW AND BLACK
OH WE'RE FROM TIGER LAND

f****** ripper.
My Tigers' supporting partner assures me that the line is actually RISKING HEAD AND SHIN...as I thought it was RISKING HEAD AND CHIN!
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

The way we are travelling they could beat us as well. Wouldn't that be a nice way to end the year and Hirdy's last game in melb. :?
bombers_rock
High Draft Pick

Post by bombers_rock »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:The way we are travelling they could beat us as well. Wouldn't that be a nice way to end the year and Hirdy's last game in melb. :?
The great man won't let us down. He'll put in a blinder. Hopefully the team lifts with him.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Will He get to play in the forward pocket.Haven't heard much progress on his Recovery in WAIT AWHILE!

Not a Sudden convert to RICHMOND'S theme song.Heard too much of CLAREMONT'S since 1979,only diffference is,they're Yellow and Blue.

Better though than hearing bloody Collingwood's dribble.How was JOFFA holding up?
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

ealesy wrote:
boncer34 wrote:Several weeks ago in our dismal showing against Collingwood I for some reason put several bets on against my Pie mates.

OH WE'RE FROM TIGERLAND!
RISKING HEAD AND SKIN
OH WE'RE FROM TIGER....
YELLOW AND BLACK
OH WE'RE FROM TIGER LAND

f****** ripper.
My Tigers' supporting partner assures me that the line is actually RISKING HEAD AND SHIN...as I thought it was RISKING HEAD AND CHIN!
I'm pretty sure it was "head and shin" but then they changed it, maybe because 'supporters' thought it was "head and skin".:?: Something like that.
Mrs Mercuri wrote:The way we are travelling they could beat us as well. Wouldn't that be a nice way to end the year and Hirdy's last game in melb. :?
I still think we CAN beat them and Carlton, but it would not surprise me one bit if we didn't win another game for the year, going on the current form of us and them.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
dodgey
Champion of Essendon

Post by dodgey »

Low and behold...

On Saturday morning at our local Auskick we had 3 Collingwood players turn up ( Travis Cloke, Shane Wakelin and Guy Richards) :lol:

I asked them if they would help some of the younger kids in a rendition of the RFC theme song as the kids didn't know it too well....needless to say they weren't impressed :wink: