Carlton paying $2.60

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
gringo
Club Captain

Carlton paying $2.60

Post by gringo »

I'm thinking of grabbing a bit of that.

We couldn't beat them earlier in the year when we were playing well, and now that we have injuries and a major form slump, I would have thought the Blues would be going in favourites. I hate betting against Essendon, but I can't see how we are going to beat them.

Their midfield will SMASH us on the MCG, and Fev always seems to have a field day against us.

What are people's thoughts because I reckon this could be home deposit material.
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

But won't they tank and "let" us win?
KaaN10
Regular Senior Player

Post by KaaN10 »

They will tank and still win. We're shit.
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

KaaN10 wrote:They will tank and still win. We're shit.
Then perhaps it will be a draw!? :?
(didn't that happen last year or the year before?)
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

hirds back, we will win by a kick.

should be a classic.

what are the dons paying for a win?
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

$1.40 from memory
Like sand through the hour glass, so are the days at the Essendon Football Club.
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

Betting on Essendon this season is folly.

They win the games they should lose and lose the games they should win.

If you're going to put the house deposit on it, make sure it's a very small house.
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

I'm going to the game and I don't know what the f**k im going to see. On form Carlton should win but they are tanking so I don't know. Gonna be one old weird game.
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

I agree, JumobPaddy. It's a really odd feeling. I will be going not knowing what to expect or which way things might swing. Maybe just a good old fashioned all in brawl would be fun?
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Carlton will still beat us, even when tanking.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Hmmmmm. I have a rolled gold rule not to bet against us, but if you were a betting man and the $2.40+ is still on offer (and you can withstand the sense of betrayal that washes over you when you bet against your own team), i'd take it.

Hird out, we're returning from Perth off a 6 day break, and the latest training report from BBlitz suggests Fletcher may be a late withdrawal, which would set Fevola loose.

I smell Barney Rubble.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

jimmyc1985 wrote:Hmmmmm. I have a rolled gold rule not to bet against us, but if you were a betting man and the $2.40+ is still on offer (and you can withstand the sense of betrayal that washes over you when you bet against your own team), i'd take it.

Hird out, we're returning from Perth off a 6 day break, and the latest training report from BBlitz suggests Fletcher may be a late withdrawal, which would set Fevola loose.

I smell Barney Rubble.
Maybe we are tanking so we move up one spot in the draft?
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Rossoneri wrote:
jimmyc1985 wrote:Hmmmmm. I have a rolled gold rule not to bet against us, but if you were a betting man and the $2.40+ is still on offer (and you can withstand the sense of betrayal that washes over you when you bet against your own team), i'd take it.

I smell Barney Rubble.
Maybe we are tanking so we move up one spot in the draft?
Nope, we're trying. That's the sad part. Our endeavour this year has, save for a few matches, been excellent.

If we had the same level of endeavour as Melbourne, we'd be battling it out with Richmond for the spoon.
bombers_rock
High Draft Pick

Post by bombers_rock »

I think I'll steer clear of any bets on this game because I'm just too unsure about it.

1) We're playing absolutely shizenhausen at times (majority?)

2) The scum are busting a gut but still falling short, but I genuinely believe they are tanking... 2 weeks in a row now... winnable position... how can it not be tanking?

3) Essendon v scum games are always funny games. No matter where each side may be positioned on the ladder, no matter what each side's form is like, it can go either way.
doogle
Regular Senior Player

Post by doogle »

quote - Maybe we are tanking so we move up one spot in the draft?

wed go up 2 spots as carlton wouldnt get a priority