The Team

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

WHo is going to get clearances other than Hird?
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Yeah sismis, it is time to try something different. How about we play Fletcher on Fevola?

Houli had 38 touches last week, why has Campo got a game before him? MJ and Campo are has-beens and I will throw up if either is still playing AFL next year.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Call an EGM.

And possibly sack the board.

60% of the time, it works every time.
Ramanama
Regular Senior Player

Post by Ramanama »

IN:
Ok, go ahead and get Campo in, he was good (Bendigo)

Hocking? Rather Houli get a game then him, But good for the youth.

MJ, Have another go at the reserves to make sure he is coming in on a high.

OUT:

Dyson. Trade bait, hasnt done enough with his game time.

Hille. Why? If there down on the ruckman we can keep Hille in, give Laycock the main roll and Hille can just come in a dominate when Laycock needs a break.

Watson. WHY!?

Pevrill, Not sure on him, his been getting alot of posessions but not using them, Wouldnt mind if he went but i would like to think he would stay in as his been getting the hard ball.
V-BOMBERS:
Premiers of the BTCL OD 0'7. V-Bombers!!!
BomberTalk POTY - Ramanama
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

MJ a has been? I think that's a bit rough.

Watson is sure to come in for Hird but what point is proved by 'dropping' him in the first place? Does he really need the wind put up him? Something happening that the media hasn't gotten wind of yet?

Not sure about Hille, not sure Chook can ruck an entire game out...
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

this is what im not going to miss about Sheedy, these f***** teams he names.... means shit all until 5 mins before the game, drives me up the wall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Whoa. Dropping Hille, Peverill (one of our best and most consistent all year.. had 2 downish weeks thoug) and Watson (see Peverill)... That doesn't really make much sense to me.

I haven't seen Hocking so can't comment on him coming in. Reimers gets another go. Gumbleton stays in. No Houli or Jetta. Lovett stays in.

Can't really argue against Dyson being dropped with his lacklustre performances.

Must say, my head is spinning at the selections this week. Left field type team... and I'm praying it doesn't line up the way it's been named.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Rossoneri wrote:Yeah sismis, it is time to try something different. How about we play Fletcher on Fevola?

Houli had 38 touches last week, why has Campo got a game before him? MJ and Campo are has-beens and I will throw up if either is still playing AFL next year.
I'd suggest Campo is coming in for his Swan Song against his old club. That and he was hitting some good form before getting injured. Don't really expect him to be around next year though.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Boyler_Room wrote:
Rossoneri wrote:Yeah sismis, it is time to try something different. How about we play Fletcher on Fevola?

I'd suggest Campo is coming in for his Swan Song against his old club. That and he was hitting some good form before getting injured. Don't really expect him to be around next year though.
I don't expect him to be around next week. He will go down as another flop of a recruit. Harsh, but true. Cole will go down as one of the worst - thanks to Bev Knight.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

I must admit i am shocked by the outs this week. Hille i can understand a little due to lack of form and Carlton not having a really good ruckman. Chook will probably rotate with Ryder as Carlton don't have too many tall forwards.

Dropping Watson and Peverill is a little confusing. Both have had excellent years which suggests that there may be two late changes. Dyson has had enough chances i reckon.

MJ always plays well against carl, Campo... well would have rathered Houli in but perhaps Campo's last match. Good to see Hocking get a game, hopefully he has a strong debut and pushes for a senior spot next season and Hirdy... well time will tell as to if he actually plays or not!

Bad news is that two carlton players that do well against us are back in... Lappin and Whitnall. Thornton is out though which will help either Lloydy or Lucas.
pear
On the Rookie List

Post by pear »

Hille out made my day.

Campo in ruined it again.

Can't work out Watson and Pev at all.
Bleeding for the red and black
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

As has been mentioned a few times. Some players are already set in stone for next year. Maybe this is an opportunity for others to shine. To give us a shot at SOMETHING NEW!

Honestly based on the performances of the last couple of weeks if you're name isn't Fletcher or Mcveigh, then you shouldn't be too surprised to be playing 2s.
Lloyd is King
Champion of Essendon

Post by Lloyd is King »

Like Trev said on TFS...

"Danger game for Carlton. They may win."
Brumaz
High Draft Pick

Post by Brumaz »

wtf is going on here.
I will wait and see what team actually runs out.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

Brumaz wrote:wtf is going on here.
I find it funny. The theme of this thread is very common. Which coach names their exact side? Sheedy isn't any different to the others, he's just better at it.:lol:

He's playing a 1st gamer, a second gamer and a 3rd gamer. He's probably allowing Campo one last go, and I don't mind that. It's only one game.

Ryder will probably ruck.

Lets see what happens at 1410 Saturday. Aren't you all anxious with excitement? It's the scum we're playing. :D
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

F111 wrote:
Brumaz wrote:wtf is going on here.
I find it funny. The theme of this thread is very common. Which coach names their exact side? Sheedy isn't any different to the others, he's just better at it.:lol:

He's playing a 1st gamer, a second gamer and a 3rd gamer. He's probably allowing Campo one last go, and I don't mind that. It's only one game.

Ryder will probably ruck.

Lets see what happens at 1410 Saturday. Aren't you all anxious with excitement? It's the scum we're playing. :D
I laughed my head off when I saw the team. The reason was because I alluded to this in another thread somewhere that he should just play all the kids and play our weakest team to see if Carlton are really tanking or not. It seems that he has done that, but I didn't expect a guy like Watto to be dropped. That is just ridiculous. I agree that the midfield were smashed into oblivion last week - and that's who he has fundamentally dumped, but Watson has been one of the form midfielders of the comp!
rockhole
Champion of Essendon

Post by rockhole »

Looking forward to see who actually runs out.

We got smashed out of the centre last week even though we won the taps.

Happy to see a different approach and some experimentation.
Too far for Baker now he's on to it, now he’s got it, OPEN GOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Dons are in front by one point at the 8 minute mark
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

I don't mind the changes. I would have left Watson in, but the others I'm not particularly worries about.

Campo is a very good in. Poor disposal has KILLED us every time we've played on the MCG this year. Pev has poor disposal. Campo has lovely disposal. Makes sense to me.

I'm more confident now that I've seen the team we've selected that we'll beat Carlton. Like it.
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

B: Slattery Johns Fletcher
HB: McPhee Lucas NLM
C: Houli Watson Reimers
HF: Gumbleton Bradley MJ
F: Lovett Lloyd Monfries
R: Ryder McVeigh Winderlich
I/C: Laycock Hocking Hird Pev

That's how I would have lined us up against carlton and richmond (young sides). It's the best chance we'll ever have to line up our future against theirs and see how good our kids actually are. Hille out is fine with me - he's earned his spot next year. Jetta in for MJ if no injury problems.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

The only good thing about that team is that Gumbleton and Reimers are still getting games.

ALso, I was a tad harsh on Mark Johnson. If he plays as a crumbing forward, then he is of value to the team as he does position himself very well.