Game thread - Essendon v Fat Lance and the Carlton Kids.

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
dingus
Regular Senior Player

Post by dingus »

I would also like to point out that Matthew Lloyd's dad played for Carlton.
The Man from Bomberland
Champion of Essendon

Post by The Man from Bomberland »

Hah eat that f****** scum.

beautiful.
Bombers till' I die
doogle
Regular Senior Player

Post by doogle »

They'll all be happy for years to come when they get Cruzer....
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

jimmyc1985 wrote:We're gonna get done. Baggers have come to play and they're getting guys 20m in the clear. We're getting belted at the clearances without Watto and Hille. And we'll get worse throughout the day when the 6 day break coming back from Perth starts to catch up with us.

Carlton are DEFINITELY tanking if they lose this.
Haha, I sat there at half time and said to all the yelling and bagging Essendon supporters next to me..."don't worry, we'll win this regardless of our shitness". I at no stage thought we would lose.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

dingus wrote:
Lloyd is King wrote:Every time it's close... Eddie Betts always seems to get loose and kick goals against us.
And yet he is the worst AFL player ever to play the game, Including Dwayne Armstrong.
Kepler Bradley has that gong hands down.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
KaaN10
Regular Senior Player

Post by KaaN10 »

I don't care how we won, but any win against the scum does me fine.
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

1st half was the worst i've ever seen...

2nd half was exciting stuff, i don't think they were tanking but can't say for sure

glad to get over the line in the end, couldn't go through 2007 with 2 loses to both Collingwood AND Carlton
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
paddyl90
Champion of Essendon

Post by paddyl90 »

:D WHAT A GAME :D!!! well the 2nd half was, what an atmosphere the roar and the fantastic goals and one minute you were pissed off the next happy and so on so forth :D Lovett you star :D
KaaN10
Regular Senior Player

Post by KaaN10 »

Anyone got a youtube preview?
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Well tonight and tomorrow makes it very interesting... results will definitely have a bearing on our continued finals hopes. Of course they sit firmly in our own hands with games against Richmond and WCE coming up.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
bombers_rock
High Draft Pick

Post by bombers_rock »

BenDoolan wrote:
jimmyc1985 wrote:We're gonna get done. Baggers have come to play and they're getting guys 20m in the clear. We're getting belted at the clearances without Watto and Hille. And we'll get worse throughout the day when the 6 day break coming back from Perth starts to catch up with us.

Carlton are DEFINITELY tanking if they lose this.
Haha, I sat there at half time and said to all the yelling and bagging Essendon supporters next to me..."don't worry, we'll win this regardless of our shitness". I at no stage thought we would lose.
Yep. I didn't think we'd lose. I was worried at times, but never thought we'd actually lose. Tried to get a chant up in the second half when we were getting closer on the scoreboard - no-one bit though. :(

Any win against the scum is a good win, but I have to say there is a little feeling of emptyness, the scum are tanking, no question. When the lead see-sawed in the final quarter I couldn't help but feel they were just putting on a show. When the game was there to be won, i just felt we did it a little too easily taking into consideration the earlier stages of the game.