Credit where Credit is due..

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
stryper
High Draft Pick

Credit where Credit is due..

Post by stryper »

I think Lloydy had an excellent game today and was one of the Major contributors for us winning.
I refuse to believe that Carlscum tanked this game as they really had us on the ropes at times.
I was one of the main people to criticize Lloydy the last few weeks but today was inspirational.
Problem is though I still don't believe he is Captain material Yet
Heres an arguement.
We were bloody aweful in the first half against Carlscum.
At the media conference this came directly from Lloyds mouth.
At half time Hirdy ripped into the side and gave them a massive spray Yes the Great No.5 did the captains role...even tough he handed it over
That is why we came out firing in the second half and won...
A true inspirational captains role.
Lloydy Please take a Leaf out of this Great Mans book.

Will be a very exciting and Sad time next week with the Master No.5 probably his last game in Victoria.

There will never be another :(
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

i think Lloydy is letting Jimmy play these last few games the way he wants, Lloyd will step up you can count on that!
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

I didn't know about Hirdy's half time spray but I certainly felt he was the big inspiration in the last quarter. Makes me worry how we are going to win without him in the future!
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

billyduckworth wrote:I didn't know about Hirdy's half time spray but I certainly felt he was the big inspiration in the last quarter. Makes me worry how we are going to win without him in the future!
Just the same way we won after Reynolds, Coleman, Clark, Madden, Watson all retired.

The wonderful thing about sport is the generations come and go but the chmapions are eternal.

Hird will never be forgotten, but he will be replaced
Ramanama
Regular Senior Player

Post by Ramanama »

Windy_Hill wrote:
billyduckworth wrote:I didn't know about Hirdy's half time spray but I certainly felt he was the big inspiration in the last quarter. Makes me worry how we are going to win without him in the future!
Just the same way we won after Reynolds, Coleman, Clark, Madden, Watson all retired.

The wonderful thing about sport is the generations come and go but the chmapions are eternal.

Hird will never be forgotten, but he will be replaced
Yeh, by his son! :D
V-BOMBERS:
Premiers of the BTCL OD 0'7. V-Bombers!!!
BomberTalk POTY - Ramanama
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Re: Credit where Credit is due..

Post by Rossoneri »

stryper wrote:I think Lloydy had an excellent game today and was one of the Major contributors for us winning.
I refuse to believe that Carlscum tanked this game as they really had us on the ropes at times.
I was one of the main people to criticize Lloydy the last few weeks but today was inspirational.
Heres an arguement.
At half time Hirdy ripped into the side and gave them a massive spray Yes the Great No.5 did the captains role...even tough he handed it over

Will be a very exciting and Sad time next week with the Master No.5 probably his last game in Victoria.

The key word! YET!!!!!!!!

Lloydy needs confidence in that role and experience. Whe your form is down, its hard to try and inspire the rest of your team. The fact that he took alot of one-grab marks yeserday is a top sign. But the best sign of all was that when he didnt mark the ball, he didnt look at the umpire. He went back and tried to get it again.
He isnt going to mark everything and he wont score everytime the ball goes near him, but if he can do the 2nd and 3rd efforts, thats the sort of shit that can inspire a team.
uptick
High Draft Pick
Location: Under cover, deep in the heart of Carlscum territory

Post by uptick »

Rossoneri wrote:
stryper wrote:I think Lloydy had an excellent game today and was one of the Major contributors for us winning.
Heres an arguement.

The key word! YET!!!!!!!!

Lloydy needs confidence in that role and experience. Whe your form is down, its hard to try and inspire the rest of your team. The fact that he took alot of one-grab marks yeserday is a top sign. But the best sign of all was that when he didnt mark the ball, he didnt look at the umpire. He went back and tried to get it again.
He isnt going to mark everything and he wont score everytime the ball goes near him, but if he can do the 2nd and 3rd efforts, thats the sort of shit that can inspire a team.
I liked his aggression. To see him mow down the pack and take the "mark" , disallowed due to Henry Slattery pushing some knuckle in the back, remined me of the day in "99 when he kicked 11?? against the Swannie , on the MCG, during contract negotiations!!.
If we are not supposed to eat animals, why are they made of meat ?.
bombers_rock
High Draft Pick

Post by bombers_rock »

Agree.
Disagree. They had us on the ropes easily, yet we got back into it a little too easily in consideration of how easily they had us on the ropes. In the second half, instead of finding targets easily they seemed to bomb it long to a contest more, marks were dropped when earlier in the game they were taken. They pressed hard in the final quarter, yet when the game was there to be won, instead of kicking away with it, they let us back in a little too easily.

Then what do you make of the past few weeks. Very much in it, almost within reach of winning it, really taking it up to the opposition, yet when it matters they let it slide. I don't think it's because they're crap. It's not that simple. I think there's a lot more going on than is obvious.
Yes, but there is a Hird legacy to be upheld. Before James we had Allan Jnr and before him Allan Snr. Now there is a Tom Hird and an Alex Hird - the Hird legacy has potential to live on. If both of them are half as good as their dad, I can't wait. If even just one of them continues that legacy, I can't wait. I HOPE one of them continues it. I want to hear the name Hird called by a commentator sometime in the future.

There are other stars of the game and the next Bomber star is in our midst. Who that star is - time will tell.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

stryper wrote:

When Terry Daniher retired in 1992, I said that it would be a very long time before the No.5 would be worn with such distinction. Then Hird stepped up and took it over......