Michael must not play

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Michael must not play

Post by j-mac31 »

We have seen twice this year that Michael is too slow to play on Fevola.

If he plays on someone else, he might still be too slow, but probably not fit enough to play further up the ground. (Heard some guy on SEN a few months back claim he only get 9 on the beep test, surely he isn't that unfit!?).

Time for a run with Bendigo IMO.

Fletcher can take Fevola, Ryder and McPhee can cover Waite and Fisher.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

Being slow doesn't necessarily mean he is unfit. You do have a point though. The thing is, he has shown he can go up forward and get a goal or two. Also if they play Fevola like they did Brown I think Michael and Fletch can stop him.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

It also wouldn't hurt if the midfield provided a bit more pressure on the ball carriers to make delivery into Fevola a bit more difficult.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Fletch has to play on Fevola, Michael can go play on Witnall.

But as swoodley said, if the midfield (and our game plan) can actually apply some pressure to their midfield, it will be harder for Fevola to kick a bag.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

Spot on Swoods and Rosso. Our defense has been excellent this year, it has been under constant bombardment and has held up quite well considering.

There is absolutely no way the superfist should be dropped.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Block his F****** space this time.
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

I say play big Mal and tell him to run through Fevola. After all, does it really matter if he gets suspended now?
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Well, really, it doesn't bloody matter. Fevola can kick 12 goals but they will ensure they kick a losing score anyway. They will not be the slightest bit interested in losing their priority pick. I might be a good idea to just pick a team of kids. It will ensure them a taste of victory regardless, and give them exposure in the big league at the same time.
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

Maybe we could play the little league team or whatever it's called these days (and supply them with anti-tank missles).
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

billyduckworth wrote:Maybe we could play the little league team or whatever it's called these days (and supply them with anti-tank missles).
They might have a shot against Fat Lance and the Carlton kids.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

billyduckworth wrote:Maybe we could play the little league team or whatever it's called these days (and supply them with anti-tank missles).
:lol:
Bomber_Fan
On the Rookie List

Post by Bomber_Fan »

dom_105 wrote:
They might have a shot against Fat Lance and the Carlton kids.
We'll save Whitnall's career this week :wink:
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Well I'll happily admit to being wrong (take a leaf out of my book K Bartlett you fucknuckle!).

Mal killed Fev when he was on.

Fev didn't seems to get onto fast leads. Could it be that our midfield was applying pressure...?
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Fevola was carrying an injury though remember... not to make an excuse but that did help big Mal. With Fletch out of the side this week Mal has to be tight on Richo
sconsey
On the Rookie List

Post by sconsey »

Mrs Mercuri wrote:Fevola was carrying an injury though remember... not to make an excuse but that did help big Mal. With Fletch out of the side this week Mal has to be tight on Richo
One game that everyone on the list would be dieing to play, and Fletcher who has been there since the start of Hirds career wont be playing? :o Was it a hammy or groin in the end? Sorry, I havn't been keeping upto date with things this week.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

Is he certain to miss or will he be given until the last minute?
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Probably will be given until the last minute and seeing as its a Sunday evening game, may play, but still quite unlikely I think.

Sconesy I believe it was an adductor strain, which I think is part of the groin, or nearby anyway.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

j-mac wrote:Well I'll happily admit to being wrong (take a leaf out of my book K Bartlett you fucknuckle!).

Mal killed Fev when he was on.

Fev didn't seems to get onto fast leads. Could it be that our midfield was applying pressure...?
I thought it interesting to note that Fevola's ranking points last week were -13. Class.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
bombers_rock
High Draft Pick

Post by bombers_rock »

Boyler_Room wrote:I thought it interesting to note that Fevola's ranking points last week were -13. Class.
Does that mean he wasn't there? :D