not the best news for us.

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
tom9779
Club Captain

not the best news for us.

Post by tom9779 »

Kerr is out for probably the season.

meaning the saints will probably get to play WC without Judd, Kerr and maybe cousins at TD.

anyone who has done the math would prob realise a saints win on friday night makes it highly unlikely of an essendon birth in the 8. no matter how much we can beat the tiges and wc by.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Kerr out for the year.... no he can't!!! I have a dream team prelim final this week!!!!

that goes well for the saints, and bad news for us thats for sure...
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Losing Baker, Harvey & Hudghton have much of an impact on St Kilda? I dare say it will. No backline and Lynch kicked 7 last week.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
bueller
High Draft Pick

Post by bueller »

The saints v eagles game is important but remember the Kerr loss is also good for us - as no matter what happens we have to beat the Eagles anyway...
"your'e like a girl standing out the front of a chemist…..Too scared to go in and get the pill!"
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

Boyler_Room wrote:Losing Baker, Harvey & Hudghton have much of an impact on St Kilda? I dare say it will. No backline and Lynch kicked 7 last week.
yer good point!

maybe the stars will align, dons will beat the tigers, wc beat saints, adelaide and brisbane draw, pies beat the swans, hawks beat the dogs.

perfect!! : )
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

Who is most likley to lsoe in round 22. Adelaide or Brisbane?

Brisbane vs. Geelong (Gabba)
Adelaide vs. Collingwood (MCG)
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

Essendon4eva wrote:Who is most likley to lsoe in round 22. Adelaide or Brisbane?

Brisbane vs. Geelong (Gabba)
Adelaide vs. Collingwood (MCG)
Its a really tough one isn't it.

You would have to say Brisbane, but they are playing at the Gabba, against a team who will be 5 games clear on top, with no incentive to win, and probably looking to rest players...

A lot of things are going to have to go right (in addition to the unlikely possibility of us beating WC) for us to make it.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

I think Geelong has momentum to lose. GOing into the finals why would they not want to win? To me it makes zero sense what so ever.
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

They obviously would want to win, no shit. But Brisbane obviously has a greater motivation to win. No Geelong player is going to bust their nuts trying to win a game that means preciscely jack shit to them.

Remember how we lost to Richmond in Rd 22 2001, and then thumped them the next week when we actually wanted to win?
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

Staggy wrote:They obviously would want to win, no shit. But Brisbane obviously has a greater motivation to win. No Geelong player is going to bust their nuts trying to win a game that means preciscely jack shit to them.

Remember how we lost to Richmond in Rd 22 2001, and then thumped them the next week when we actually wanted to win?
Do I ever, sitting right at the top of the Ponsford stand, seeing all those tigers supporters go nuts thinking they had a chance next week :)
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

Won't matter.

Adelaide will win this week they are going to want to give Riccuito the send of in Adelaide he deserves.

Much like how we will win at the G on sunday for hirdy.

If we win on Sunday, and the Saints lose, the game we are going to all be looking at with interest in ahead of the WC clash is the cows versus the pies at the G in round 22.

If the Sainters win on Friday, I'm not holding my breath for any shot at finals if we beat the tigers.
bombers_rock
High Draft Pick

Post by bombers_rock »

Kerr out.
Injury clouds over Cousins and Judd. They have been named, but if they do play they're not going to be at 100%.

Script couldn't be written any better for the Saints. If they can't win at home after beating the Toasters over there, something's wrong. ;)

I'm over the maths. If Wet Toast wins and we somehow win next week and make it, awesome. If we don't, well, we had our chances.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

I'd like a shot at an old favourite -

ELIMINITIS!

If so,we make the Finals.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Boyler_Room wrote:Losing Baker, Harvey & Hudghton have much of an impact on St Kilda? I dare say it will. No backline and Lynch kicked 7 last week.
bueller wrote:The saints v eagles game is important but remember the Kerr loss is also good for us - as no matter what happens we have to beat the Eagles anyway...
Indeed and indeed.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

I hope the saints win. We have had our chances to make the finals and we have failed miserably. At least if the saints win, there will be more victorian teams in the top 4.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Rossoneri wrote:I hope the saints win. We have had our chances to make the finals and we have failed miserably. At least if the saints win, there will be more victorian teams in the top 4.
Most notably squandering a 50 point lead in R3.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant