Hey Hirdy

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Hey Hirdy

Post by robbie67 »

You only have to put up with this lot and their half hearted efforts for one more week. Must be a mighty relief.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Re: Hey Hirdy

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

robbie67 wrote:You only have to put up with this lot and their half hearted efforts for one more week. Must be a mighty relief.
Hirdy shed a few tears after the match when he had the lap of honour... i bet he is thinking, 'how am i supposed to leave this lot when they play crap like this'.

definately deserved much better tonight. If the Roos could do it for archer and the saints for Harvey then surely we could have beaten rich for the great man. :x
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

I'm usually a shining beacon of glass half full, but the only thing the glass is half full of tonight is shit.

I am so mortified at their performance, or lack of.

Hirdy, you deserve so much better than tonight. Nothing but a pack of soft cock f**** tonight.
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Megan wrote:I'm usually a shining beacon of glass half full, but the only thing the glass is half full of tonight is shit.

I am so mortified at their performance, or lack of.

Hirdy, you deserve so much better than tonight. Nothing but a pack of soft cock f**** tonight.
i think thats the word we were all thinking of megan... mortified. :shock:
nathanskinner
Top Up Player

Post by nathanskinner »

hirdys/sheeds tribute aside... we were plain awful. Never ever acceptable. Tonight just made it hurt more.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Funny thing is we'll probably come out and beat West Coast next week.

This club has a nasty habit of non-performance against weaker sides. Has been the case for about 4-5 years. The stupid losses to Carlton during that period says it all (has there been any other side who Carlton has beaten as often as us over the last 5 years???)

One of the funny side benfits of losing Sheeds and Hirdy will be saying goodbye to the belief that we are still the powerhouse team of the late 90's early 2000's.

We are not and its about time that this team realised that the only way up is through hard work - not just from wearing the red and black jumper.

We were always going to lose this game to Richmond because unfortunately as a club, we dont respect other teams apart from whoever is in the top 4. We have beaten last year's Top 4 this season but have lost to the bottom 2!!!!

First thing the new coach has to do is drill some basi disciplines into this squad. I would have them running sand dunes from October onwards. get fit, get hard and get hungry.

First 5 players to not reach certain standards should be forced to player for Bendigo for the first 12 weeks.

Get rid of the deadwood no matter their reputaion or years of service.

Time to rebuild and get serious
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Windy_Hill wrote:
We are not and its about time that this team realised that the only way up is through hard work - not just from wearing the red and black jumper.

We were always going to lose this game to Richmond because unfortunately as a club, we dont respect other teams apart from whoever is in the top 4. We have beaten last year's Top 4 this season but have lost to the bottom 2!!!!

First thing the new coach has to do is drill some basi disciplines into this squad. I would have them running sand dunes from October onwards. get fit, get hard and get hungry.

First 5 players to not reach certain standards should be forced to player for Bendigo for the first 12 weeks.

I'm with you. It's time to get ruthless with the list. Tired of insipid, inept, clumsy, lethargic efforts. Shape up or ship out.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Windy_Hill wrote:Funny thing is we'll probably come out and beat West Coast next week.

This club has a nasty habit of non-performance against weaker sides. Has been the case for about 4-5 years. The stupid losses to Carlton during that period says it all (has there been any other side who Carlton has beaten as often as us over the last 5 years???)

One of the funny side benfits of losing Sheeds and Hirdy will be saying goodbye to the belief that we are still the powerhouse team of the late 90's early 2000's.

That's so true. Even some people in here think putting on the red and black makes you a champion. I hope the new coach works some wonders, because based on tonights performance, we are looking at a wooden spoon next year.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

He said after the game he was really gutted when he realised he's never ever going to be able to walk onto the park again thinking that he's a chance to play in a premiership. That's got to be devastating for someone who has been to the summit and tasted both victory and defeat. He knows how tough it is to get there, and how tough it is to win it.

Pity his team put in an insipid display.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
The Don
Top Up Player

Post by The Don »

A nice moment for Hirdy was shown on Fox just before the Press Conference where He Tania and the Kids went out and had a kick in the empty stadium, it was a really nice moment and obviously with the send off probably the thing that he will remember most.

It is sad that the players couldnt find it within themselves to do it for Sir James on such a big night, however as has been said many times in these forums, we must now look to the future. An era has passed, much like it did when Timmy Watson, TD and Simon ran that famous lap at Waverley in 1992. We have all been lucky enough to witness a champion ply his craft, not only that we have been blessed that he played in Red and Black.

As you travel into you future James, thank you for all you have given to the Essendon Football Club and for all that you have done to enrich the game of Australian Rules Football. Watching the team run out next year in March will not be same without you. As they said at the end of MASH, Goodbye, Farewell and Amen :D .
bombers_rock
High Draft Pick

Post by bombers_rock »

Windy_Hill wrote:Funny thing is we'll probably come out and beat West Coast next week.

Yep, said the same myself a number of times tonight. "Knowing our stupid luck we'll beat West Coast next week. Lose to the lesser teams, beat the better teams." :roll:

Spot on about rebuilding. It is time - time to get serious!! I don't think I'm too far off the mark in saying that the fans are growing impatient - we want to see improvement, we want to reach the lofty heights of top spot and Grand Finals again.