F*CKING SHAMEFULL

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Lovett was our best player? He is too inconsistent within a game. Does something absolutely brillinat (like that run through the middle and dodged 3 opponents and hit Lloyd) and then doesn't attack the footy and let's opponents pick it off a metre in front of him and stroll into goal. At times he was woeful.

I also saw that I've been a bit harsh on Lloyd for most of the season. Tonight he was more than a lone hand in the forward line, having to do everything himself on more than one occasion... and the delivery... My Gosh. Never before did I realise just how pathetic it really is.

All too often we'd have the ball about 80 - 85 metres out from goal and just kick to whereever... even though they could well have run another 20 metres and hit a target (like Lloyd for example).

I still think Lloyd plays too far up the ground at times, but I have definitely been too harsh.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

F111 wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:I'm just staggered at our unaccountability. We will never win games if we continue to ALLOW a loose man to run and create options. I simply don't get the "zone" style of play. It's f*****. The opposition kick outs, the refusal to run at the ball carrier, the allowing of uncontested marks all over the ground. Beaten convincingly by the wooden spooners who should have beaten us earlier in the year as well..... piss weak.
The zoning off killed us once again tonight...along with inaccuracy, poor delivery into the forward line and some inexperienced decisions.
And what is it with wanting to F****** handball all the time? Most of the time they handballed into trouble rather than create something....
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Boyler_Room wrote:Lovett was our best player? He is too inconsistent within a game. Does something absolutely brillinat (like that run through the middle and dodged 3 opponents and hit Lloyd) and then doesn't attack the footy and let's opponents pick it off a metre in front of him and stroll into goal. At times he was woeful.

I also saw that I've been a bit harsh on Lloyd for most of the season. Tonight he was more than a lone hand in the forward line, having to do everything himself on more than one occasion... and the delivery... My Gosh. Never before did I realise just how pathetic it really is.

All too often we'd have the ball about 80 - 85 metres out from goal and just kick to whereever... even though they could well have run another 20 metres and hit a target (like Lloyd for example).

I still think Lloyd plays too far up the ground at times, but I have definitely been too harsh.
And you're being a bit harsh on Lovett tonight. He was in our top 5. As for "letting opponents pick it off 5 metres in front" well, 21 other players could be accused of that as well.....
timbercote
Top Up Player

We were lucky imo

Post by timbercote »

Had Richardson kicked so badly,had the Richmond players not collided with each other,the game would have over by 3/4 time.
I think we will battle for the next 4 to 5 years. Richmond are not that bad. I think we 're in a far worse position than them.
F111
Essendon Legend

Post by F111 »

BenDoolan wrote:
F111 wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:I'm just staggered at our unaccountability. We will never win games if we continue to ALLOW a loose man to run and create options. I simply don't get the "zone" style of play. It's f*****. The opposition kick outs, the refusal to run at the ball carrier, the allowing of uncontested marks all over the ground. Beaten convincingly by the wooden spooners who should have beaten us earlier in the year as well..... piss weak.
The zoning off killed us once again tonight...along with inaccuracy, poor delivery into the forward line and some inexperienced decisions.
And what is it with wanting to F****** handball all the time? Most of the time they handballed into trouble rather than create something....
Frequently there is just one too many handballs...like it's a training drill running down the ground...damn shame those pesky opposition players messed it all up! :x
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

Actually I said a metre in front, and I agree he wasn't the only one, but it was pathetic and slack football. He waited for the ball to bounce and sat off it instead of attacking it. While he waited someone ran through and kicked a goal while he watched.

I know he wasn't alone. Far too many players sat off the contest for the easy possession. No passion. It was a disgrace.

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

piss weak, shameful, insipid, just plain f***** - agree with them all.

and our biggest problem - our f****** leaky defence - the 4th worst attacking team of the year - Richmond average 87 pts per game - and we concede 119.

f*** me.
bombers_rock
High Draft Pick

Re: We were lucky imo

Post by bombers_rock »

timbercote wrote:Had Richardson kicked so badly,had the Richmond players not collided with each other,the game would have over by 3/4 time.
I think we will battle for the next 4 to 5 years. Richmond are not that bad. I think we 're in a far worse position than them.
Pfft, get your hand off it.

Essendon 12th with 10 wins and 1 game off 8th spot - including wins against last years Grand Finallists and the past 2 premiers.
Richmond 16th with 3.5 wins and a LONG way from 8th spot.

Oh yeah, definitely in a worse position taking into consideration your first line. :roll:

f****** SHAMEFUL - yep. But we're nowhere near as bad as 16thmond. They came to play tonight. Their stupid fault (maybe because they're not that good??) they kept us in it for so long.
timbercote
Top Up Player

Post by timbercote »

bombers_rock

I meant to say,had richardson not kicked so badly. It was quite comical at times.

What happened at the beginning of the season,is irrelevant to where we are now. Once hirdy is gone, things will definitely go from bad to worse.Once Fletcher retires G-d help us. Lucas hasn't got age on his side.
bombers_rock
High Draft Pick

Post by bombers_rock »

I knew what you meant about Richo.

But, like I said, get your hand off it.

A win is a win, and despite how it appears sometimes, it takes more than 1 or 2 men to win a game.

Let's drag this up mid season 2008 and see how we're going. I'd like to see how your "doomsday" prediction stands then. New coach, young players with another pre-season and more experience under their belts. Some of the kids are showing some good signs and will only improve with age. Time will tell I guess.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

bombers_rock wrote:I knew what you meant about Richo.

But, like I said, get your hand off it.

A win is a win, and despite how it appears sometimes, it takes more than 1 or 2 men to win a game.

Let's drag this up mid season 2008 and see how we're going. I'd like to see how your "doomsday" prediction stands then. New coach, young players with another pre-season and more experience under their belts. Some of the kids are showing some good signs and will only improve with age. Time will tell I guess.
Every team has good young players. Even fking Richmond and Carlton. The thing is their young players are more complete footballers than ours. Ours have "potential". But you tell me which one is the complete package? Which one is as good as Foley, Cooney, Griffin, Murphy, Birss, etc etc.
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

I hope Ray's Satisfied.

After all,it he was he reckoned KEV had lost the players.

The players LOST ME on that PISSPOOR showup with what was at stake.
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

Terrible Bombers !!!! Terrible Bombers !!!! Terrible Bombers !!!!

I dont know how many times I said that tonight. Given the significance of the occasion I just cant believe that lazy insipid and gutless effort by most Essendon players.

Are we incapable of ever hitting a target ? Why was the decision making so woeful ! It looked liked most of the team had just run a marathon before the game because most of them couldnt get up a gallop ! Absolutely no pressure on the opposition. We made Richmond look good and that is saying something. You let everyone down.

All I can think is that the occasion got to them and they couldnt translate that emotion into any kind of effective performance.

James Hird you are an out and out champion and you will be sorely missed but you can enjoy your retirement knowing you will not have single handedly carry the side as you have done most of this year. You are the best Bomber I have ever seen. I teared up 3 times before the ball had been bounced. So many Bomber supporters there wanting so much a perfect send off. Alas it was not to be.

Sheeds good luck whatever you end up doing and thank you for all the great wins and flags over all these years.

Essendon - we need a clean out. A clean out of players who cannot play under pressure, who cannot lift when its needed and are prepared to put their body on the line. Perhaps a complete change of coaching staff and tactics IS what is needed and will be the tonic that will change things around.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber
danstar84
Club Captain

Post by danstar84 »

I could not believe how woeful our tackling was! We were like witches hats for must of the night. Richmond players easily running around 2, 3 or 4 of our guys.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

MH_Bomber wrote:Terrible Bombers !!!! Terrible Bombers !!!! Terrible Bombers !!!!

I dont know how many times I said that tonight. Given the significance of the occasion I just cant believe that lazy insipid and gutless effort by most Essendon players.

Are we incapable of ever hitting a target ? Why was the decision making so woeful ! It looked liked most of the team had just run a marathon before the game because most of them couldnt get up a gallop ! Absolutely no pressure on the opposition. We made Richmond look good and that is saying something. You let everyone down.

All I can think is that the occasion got to them and they couldnt translate that emotion into any kind of effective performance.

James Hird you are an out and out champion and you will be sorely missed but you can enjoy your retirement knowing you will not have single handedly carry the side as you have done most of this year. You are the best Bomber I have ever seen. I teared up 3 times before the ball had been bounced. So many Bomber supporters there wanting so much a perfect send off. Alas it was not to be.

Sheeds good luck whatever you end up doing and thank you for all the great wins and flags over all these years.

Essendon - we need a clean out. A clean out of players who cannot play under pressure, who cannot lift when its needed and are prepared to put their body on the line. Perhaps a complete change of coaching staff and tactics IS what is needed and will be the tonic that will change things around.
Were you sitting behind me in the "wheelchair" row? I had to move out of the seat (was hoping to sit next to my brother instead of my dad :roll:)
danstar84 wrote:I could not believe how woeful our tackling was! We were like witches hats for must of the night. Richmond players easily running around 2, 3 or 4 of our guys.
The tackling was pathetic most of the game. Every now and then we'd lay a good tackle... not much incentive though when you are laying good tackles and get no reward... or even get penalised for it. Those maggots had yellow and black glasses on yesterday. Blind twats.

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

Shameful, woeful, insipid. All good words suggested so far. Embarrassing is another one that comes to mind. With all that was at stake (Sheeds & Hirdy farewell, finals possibility, big crowd, etc.) how on earth could we play so pathetically? We just didn't even seem interested.

A group of guys behind us starting joking quite early on in the game that our players must have put a heap of money on Richmond to win at long odds. After a while, I began to wonder whether they were really joking or not.
Lloyd is King
Champion of Essendon

Post by Lloyd is King »

I still can't believe we lost.

I am just so deflated.

And the problem is, there's no way the team can turn this result around. It was Sheedy's and Hird's farewell. They aren't saying bye-bye at the MCG ever again. The result is etched forever. So disappointing.

Still too sad to be angry at the players.
gringo
Club Captain

Post by gringo »

The game was over 5 minutes into the second quarter. We were very very lucky not to loose by 10-15 goals.

We've improved marginally from last year. We are now the fourth worst team in the league.

Our midfielders rack up sooo many meaningless possessions, led ably by Stanton. I've never seen a softer player than him. It's a disgrace, won't smother, chase, tackle, shepard, put his body on the line…he must pull up SUPER well after games.
Stocksy
On the Rookie List

Post by Stocksy »

Insipid, weak as piss most gutless effort I have seen for a long long long time. This was my thoughts after the game.

I put this to everyone though, apart from a few glimpses in the first half, I felt most of the players had alraedy played the game before they ran on the ground. They looked heavy in the legs, and some even exhausted. I think the occasion and the pressure of a win for Hirdy & Sheeds got to the younger players and alot of our big name players suffered from stage fright and ball watching.

Anyone who has played football (at any level) would have witnessed or been part of playing the game before it came around. Juist my thoughts and only my opinion but i really think this is what we suffered from last night...
Here's to swimming with bow legged women...
MH_Bomber
Club Captain

Post by MH_Bomber »

Were you sitting behind me in the "wheelchair" row? I had to move out of the seat (was hoping to sit next to my brother instead of my dad :roll:)
So I was one of at least 60,000 Bomber supporters who were flabbergasted by the performance. The was an audible groan at every blatant mistake. So I am not sure of what your point is here.
Menzie!! ❤️

Things go awry without Jye!!

Regards

MH_Bomber