Skills coach

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
pear
On the Rookie List

Skills coach

Post by pear »

Is there one?
Bleeding for the red and black
ace076
Regular Senior Player

Post by ace076 »

It would appear not!!!!
GLORY GLORY MAN UNITED

Founding Captain of the Bombertalk Blacks.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

Didn't it used to be Paul Dimattina?

At the moment however, it looks like Peter Cransberg has taken over the skills coaching position, Ryan O'Connor is teaching Hille how to ruck, and Mark Bolton is Chief Advisor in decision-making skills.
timbercote
Top Up Player

who is quicker

Post by timbercote »

jimmyc1985.

Is David Hille as quick as Ryan O'Connor around the ground. I do recall that ROC used to take an eternity to make a decision.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

You have no idea how many times I screamed about actually doing skills sessions at training tonight. The skills tonight were pathetic, and the reason we handed Richmond a win. It was shades of 2006.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Re: who is quicker

Post by jimmyc1985 »

timbercote wrote:jimmyc1985.

Is David Hille as quick as Ryan O'Connor around the ground. I do recall that ROC used to take an eternity to make a decision.
Hille's quicker - O'Connor was the slowest thing since Justin Madden. O'Connor was a bit slower than Somerville, and one of the funniest things i ever saw in footy was Somerville and "Spider" Burton chase down a loose ball over 40m at Subiaco. Took about 30 seconds for them to get there!
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

jimmyc1985 wrote:Didn't it used to be Paul Dimattina?

At the moment however, it looks like Peter Cransberg has taken over the skills coaching position, Ryan O'Connor is teaching Hille how to ruck, and Mark Bolton is Chief Advisor in decision-making skills.
We have a group of skills coaches.

Lalich = Ruck
Mark Fraser = Disposal
Che Cockatoo Collins = Determination
You have the Bolton one correct.
Henneman = Key position play.
Shane Harvey = In and Under play.

They should all just read "football for dummys", because that is what most of them play like. I also hope that Paddy Ryder spends a lot of time in the hospital with Jay Nash, and mows his lawn etc etc. Ryder is the reason Nash is in hospital after all.
bombers_rock
High Draft Pick

Re: Skills coach

Post by bombers_rock »

pear wrote:Is there one?
ace076 wrote:It would appear not!!!!
Yep. :(

A new coach is going to be a breath of fresh air methinks. I really hope it's Bomber. What he's done at Geelong, albeit not all on his own, it's been a club effort, has been outstanding. May just get the cogs turning at Windy Hill and we'll see better times again.