Round 21 - Essendon vs Richmond - Game Thread

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

That was the most pathetic display I've ever witnessed in that last quarter. Absolute disgrace. No heart, no spirit, no desire, no skills.

Having said that, the umpires tonight were an absolute disgrace. Absolutely appalling.

Our delivery was pathetic. It got worse as the game wore on.

McPhee was pathetic. I've been an advocate for McPhee for a lot of the season but tonight I saw how poor he really has been. Very, very ordinary. Definite trade bait.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
bombers_rock
High Draft Pick

Post by bombers_rock »

Boyler_Room wrote:That was the most pathetic display I've ever witnessed in that last quarter. Absolute disgrace. No heart, no spirit, no desire, no skills.
Spot on.

It's about time the "mighty" Bombers took a leaf out of the Kangaroos book and played with some heart and passion and EFFORT. If we can't win the milestone games for the greatest player of this era then what hope has anyone else got??? :evil:
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

bomberflyer wrote:I turning it off now - good riddens Kevin Sheedy - you're the reason we are the position we're in.

Why the hell do u have Lucas at CHB - no idea.
Couldn't agree less. Would love to pick an argument but not in the frame of mind to carry through. Needless to say I think if you're blaming Sheeds for the players having no heart tonight...

You should be a richmond supporter.
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
bombers_rock
High Draft Pick

Post by bombers_rock »

Megan wrote:
bomberflyer wrote:I turning it off now - good riddens Kevin Sheedy - you're the reason we are the position we're in.

Couldn't agree less. Would love to pick an argument but not in the frame of mind to carry through. Needless to say I think if you're blaming Sheeds for the players having no heart tonight...

You should be a richmond supporter.
Could not agree more with you Megan. I'm f****** sick of people coming out with what is nothing more than total and utter bullshit that it's the coaches fault. It took the men in red and black ON THE FIELD to lose tonight, not the bloke in the coaches box.

It's about time people had a reality check - it's the players that lose a game, not the coach.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

And then you would be asking the same f****** thing if he had Gumbleton there instead, or if he actually picked Bradley to play at CHB. Seems you are like most players on our list - haven't got a clue.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

BenDoolan wrote:

And then you would be asking the same f****** thing if he had Gumbleton there instead, or if he actually picked Bradley to play at CHB. Seems you are like most players on our list - haven't got a clue.
Had the same argument with my dad on the way home. The only other option was moving Ryder back to defence as he played most of the game at half forward. Probably wouldn't have been a bad move but Lucas wasn't exactly leaking goals. He got to the contest and provided the spoil. Completely lost his brain whenever he managed to get the ball at ground level though.

They all lost the plot tonight though. McPhee was a disgrace. Trade bait... if he still has any currency. I've been an advocate for him, but gee has was shocking.

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

BenDoolan wrote:

...speaking of Gumbleton - watching on TV it seems we rarely kick it to this kid - even when he is in the clear - am I seeing things? I reckon the same happens to CJ when he played in the past. Do we only have eyes for Lloyd, Lucas, or Hird who more often than not are being tightly marked or have a man dropping into their space?
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

tonysoprano wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:

...speaking of Gumbleton - watching on TV it seems we rarely kick it to this kid - even when he is in the clear - am I seeing things? I reckon the same happens to CJ when he played in the past. Do we only have eyes for Lloyd, Lucas, or Hird who more often than not are being tightly marked or have a man dropping into their space?
To be honest TS, he was out of his depth out there. Some reckon he looked good, but he wasn't. I know he's a kid, and only played 3 games etc, but he didn't have awareness. Players ran around him on the mark, he allowed players to run off him - Bowden kicked a goal on him, and he took a mark in the clear in the forward line and didn't realise his opportunity to turn around and run into goal. To top it off, he missed it.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

BenDoolan wrote:
tonysoprano wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:

To be honest TS, he was out of his depth out there. Some reckon he looked good, but he wasn't. I know he's a kid, and only played 3 games etc, but he didn't have awareness. Players ran around him on the mark, he allowed players to run off him - Bowden kicked a goal on him, and he took a mark in the clear in the forward line and didn't realise his opportunity to turn around and run into goal. To top it off, he missed it.
That was painful. Such a good build up without any real pressure all the way down the field and Gumbleton in a mile of space took the grab and just stood there, back to goal. By the time he realised he had no choice but to go back as a Richmond player was coming in to stand the mark.

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant