the worst thing to come out of last night....

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Madden
Club Captain

the worst thing to come out of last night....

Post by Madden »

... was the conduct of Tom and Alex Hird after the game.

Arsing around in the goal square? Pa-lease. They should have been doing 4x400 sprints followed by a beep test - they are both clearly unfit.

And they both need a summer in the gym as well. Time to get serious.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

No, the worst thing is that Thomas kicks better than 9 players on our team.
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

Did you see Thomas after he ran through the banner? He was running with a full size Sherrin and bouncing it. That's pretty good for a 6 year old.
merc_2
Regular Senior Player

Post by merc_2 »

Stephanie Hird has more pace than half the team. Did you see the way she sprinted to the boundary line after running out with the team. She was flying!!!
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

The worst thing about last night was any chance we had of getting Bomber Thompson. If he was watching he would have realised that he would be taking over a list of utter shit. Now why would he bother leaving a gold mine of talent at Geelong?
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

BenDoolan wrote:The worst thing about last night was any chance we had of getting Bomber Thompson. If he was watching he would have realised that he would be taking over a list of utter shit. Now why would he bother leaving a gold mine of talent at Geelong?
Or perhaps he would see that there are some good players, just playing with a shit game plan?
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Rossoneri wrote:
BenDoolan wrote:The worst thing about last night was any chance we had of getting Bomber Thompson. If he was watching he would have realised that he would be taking over a list of utter shit. Now why would he bother leaving a gold mine of talent at Geelong?
Or perhaps he would see that there are some good players, just playing with a shit game plan?
Yes the game plan, style, plot, whatever, is sheizehausen. But the disposal and the decision making resembled a classic slap stick comedy routine.
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

BERT wrote:Did you see Thomas after he ran through the banner? He was running with a full size Sherrin and bouncing it. That's pretty good for a 6 year old.
I can't bounce a full size sherrin... or any other for that matter. Kids down at the youth group I run are mortified with me, can't bounce, can bearly kick ;)
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

You are all wrong.

The worst thing to come out of last night was at half time, when the award for best banner went to a banner which read as follows:

"Your still legends, Sheeds and Hird!"

Disgusting. Talk about ingraining poor spelling in society. I was tempted to ring up whoever hands out the award (3 Mobile?) and query their decision.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Megan wrote:
BERT wrote:Did you see Thomas after he ran through the banner? He was running with a full size Sherrin and bouncing it. That's pretty good for a 6 year old.
I can't bounce a full size sherrin... or any other for that matter. Kids down at the youth group I run are mortified with me, can't bounce, can bearly kick ;)
Is Megan an alias for Mark Johnson?
timbercote
Top Up Player

Post by timbercote »

jimmyc1985

Perhasp that's why they are known as 3 Mobile
pear
On the Rookie List

Post by pear »

jimmyc1985 wrote:You are all wrong.

The worst thing to come out of last night was at half time, when the award for best banner went to a banner which read as follows:

Disgusting. Talk about ingraining poor spelling in society. I was tempted to ring up whoever hands out the award (3 Mobile?) and query their decision.
whomever?
:D

We laughed at the banner too Jimmy.
Bleeding for the red and black
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

:lol: brilliant
grassy1
Champion of Essendon

Post by grassy1 »

Seeing RICHMOND beating us,despite being COWARDS on the ALTERNATE GUERNSEY issue.

Christ,it'd only cost 10 GRAND!
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

I didn't even look at the banner, but about 5 minutes later my mate sent me a message pointing that out.

Funny, yet worrying shit.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
AnarchicBomber
Regular Senior Player

Post by AnarchicBomber »

It's more likely that their spelling was 100 percent correct but they used the wrong word. Gee whiz Jimmy, brush up on your English skills son :P
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

AnarchicBomber wrote:

It's more likely that their spelling was 100 percent correct but they used the wrong word. Gee whiz Jimmy, brush up on your English skills son :P
Know, know, they used the rite word, butt got the spell ling com pleat Leigh wrong. If own Leigh it were all a mat tar of phonetics.