Out for season

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

I thought it interesting that when the injury list came up at the game on Sunday, our list was at least a page shorter than it actually is. Then Richmond's list was made to look a whole lot longer than ours. I kept asking when the other half of our injury list was going to be shown.

We were travelling pretty well mid way through the season. It's hit hard since then.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Is Quinn out for the season?
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

i also thought our injury list was pretty good mid way through the year *must have been when we were near the top 4) but injuries to Davey, Hird, Jetta and others have really hurt us in the second half of the year.
tony coz
On the Rookie List

Post by tony coz »

Interesting that Watson isnt listed. I understand he has an injury? What about JJ....is he injured? or are they both, along with Hilly waiting for a new coach to come in?
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

tony coz wrote:Interesting that Watson isnt listed. I understand he has an injury? What about JJ....is he injured? or are they both, along with Hilly waiting for a new coach to come in?
yeh that has me stumped as well. JJ hasn't been on the injured list all year up till this week and Watson still isn't on there. Is JJ eligible to play for Bendigo in the finals??
tom9779
Club Captain

Re: Out for season

Post by tom9779 »

Filthy wrote:Right at the back of the Age's Sports pages was a list of every teams injurys. Naturally those in the 8 had the least.

But we....and I continue to say we have had an injury curse since 2000....had 9 out for season plus Nash & Fletcher as "assess". Of those Dempsey, Froggy, Jetta, Hislop are amongst our quickest players. No wonder we look slow every week.

Melbourne, Carlton and the Bears were on a par to us numbers wise.

When will our luck change? :(
aren't they all out for the season because our season is gone?

ie a lot of those guys have gone under the knife?

I don't think its unusual for a club to have a good 6-10 players get something done in the off season if they need it.
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

Filthy wrote:Right at the back of the Age's Sports pages was a list of every teams injurys. Naturally those in the 8 had the least.

But we....and I continue to say we have had an injury curse since 2000....had 9 out for season plus Nash & Fletcher as "assess". Of those Dempsey, Froggy, Jetta, Hislop are amongst our quickest players. No wonder we look slow every week.

I won't even comment on your 'out for the season' analysis - you know better than anyone that the season only runs one more week!

Suffice to say: we have not had a bad run with injuries this year. In fact, for the first 14 weeks we had an exceptionally good run. The in the Geelong game, we lost Davey for the year = bad, and we lost Hird for a while, and a few kids here and there.

Our season was not adversely effected by injuries, in fact, we probably won more games than we otherwise would have had we not had such a good run from weeks 1-14.
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

Filthy wrote:
Staggy wrote:

I won't even comment on your 'out for the season' analysis - you know better than anyone that the season only runs one more week!

Suffice to say: we have not had a bad run with injuries this year. In fact, for the first 14 weeks we had an exceptionally good run. The in the Geelong game, we lost Davey for the year = bad, and we lost Hird for a while, and a few kids here and there.

Our season was not adversely effected by injuries, in fact, we probably won more games than we otherwise would have had we not had such a good run from weeks 1-14.
Stag....just quoting directly from Age the term "out for season"! :?

JJ, Jobe were amongst the OFS.

I reckon 3 things killed our season.

a) The non re-signing of Sheeds which unnecessarily derailed the season in its distractive nature.

b) The injurys and suspensions from the Geelong game. We were 1 goal in front just before 3/4 time and simply ran out of players. We were in the top 4 then. We have gone down like 9 pins since then winning 2 out of 11....ergo we are 12th.

c) Lloyds unjust suspension. Still pisses me off so imagine how the group felt.
agree, these sorts of setbacks happen to essendon, which IMO in the long term is a good thing. when we rise to the top we are the real thing.

Unlike St Kilda, Melbourne, Geelong(well I actually hope Geelong prove me right, I still feel for em for 1989), Dogs etc which usually create teams that are just 'flash in the pans' so to speak.

All that knocked us back this year, will make us stronger next year*

* with the exception of the coach, having lost an piece of the furniture, windy hill will feel a bit empty IMO.