THE FISH ROTS AT THE HEAD

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
tony coz
On the Rookie List

THE FISH ROTS AT THE HEAD

Post by tony coz »

I note that after Tim Watsons comments on SEN that the "FISH ROTS AT THE HEAD" that there have been many major events at the Bombers...the biggest of which was that Sheeds is no longer the coach.
I note that Tim was not at the final Melbourne game for Sheeds & Hirdy and that he will not MC Sheeds farwell tribute lunch. Sandy Roberts is doing the honers....correct me if I'm wrong but wasnt Tim doing alot of MCing for the Bombers? And what has happened to Jobe?....injured or somet :?: hing else? Is there anything to this or am I just jumping to conclusions???.......... :!:
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Rumours are that Sheedy dropped watson to spite Tim. Tim always does the MCing (sorry Gringo) but he doesnt do anything extra as Jobe is there.

he has no problems with the club, but I think he and Sheeds dont exactly see eye to eye.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Rossoneri wrote:Rumours are that Sheedy dropped watson to spite Tim. Tim always does the MCing (sorry Gringo) but he doesnt do anything extra as Jobe is there.

he has no problems with the club, but I think he and Sheeds dont exactly see eye to eye.
Isn't the correct spelling 'EmSeeing'?
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Windy_Hill wrote:
Rossoneri wrote:Rumours are that Sheedy dropped watson to spite Tim. Tim always does the MCing (sorry Gringo) but he doesnt do anything extra as Jobe is there.

Isn't the correct spelling 'EmSeeing'?
I think it's MCHammering.
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

And knowing the results Tim got coaching, I don't really see that as a bad thing.
BERT
Champion of Essendon

Post by BERT »

I don't think there is a problem between the 2 of them. Jobe was injured when he got dropped. Sheedy wouldn't drop a player out of spite. You wouldn't last 27 years in a job if you did things like that.

BTW Tim cracked me up on the way to work this morning when he said that the Channel 7 ban had extended to Jobe not speaking to him at home.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Haha, top call.

I did say rumours, I hope they havent fallen out, but it wouldnt surprise me if they did. Both have been very passionate about Essendon, but Tim has held some back as Jobe is playing.
Megan
Champion of Essendon

Post by Megan »

I think it's emmcee?
Proud member of 'Cult Hird'.
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

Maybe we should call Gringo.
pear
On the Rookie List

Post by pear »

Rossoneri wrote:Maybe we should call Gringo.
Watto wrote a book on Sheeds a few years ago Sheeds gave him plenty of interviews and cooperation and the book was by no means a hatchet job, in fact I thought it was a pretty interesting and balanced account. Whenever I hear them together on the radio on SEN they seem to have a reasonable rapport.
Bleeding for the red and black
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

pear wrote:
Rossoneri wrote:Maybe we should call Gringo.
Watto wrote a book on Sheeds a few years ago Sheeds gave him plenty of interviews and cooperation and the book was by no means a hatchet job, in fact I thought it was a pretty interesting and balanced account. Whenever I hear them together on the radio on SEN they seem to have a reasonable rapport.
Yep, The Jigsaw Man

Easiest 20 Grand Tim has ever made as the book was just a bunch of quotes from former players and associates of Sheeds (no need to actually think about what to write!!)

Not a bad read actually
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

BERT wrote: Jobe was injured when he got dropped. Sheedy wouldn't drop a player out of spite.
Really....why was he picked for, and played for Bendigo that weekend then. Got injured during the Bendigo game that weekend, wasn't omitted because he was injured.

Sheedy made public comments about how he was dropped because he was lacking in leg speed and the defensive side of his game was not good enough and he didn't work hard enough going the other way.