Memberships next year?

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Doctor Fish
Regular Senior Player

Memberships next year?

Post by Doctor Fish »

To all those Essendon supporters ringing up the radio stations and gloating about not getting a membership next year, great! We're better off without you, you fairweather dogs. You are such an embarrassment.

Everyone's entitled to vent their anger, but to gloat about it on the airwaves makes you a tosser of epic proportions in my book. Just wish they'd stop doing it. I'm sure no selfrespecting BTer would do this...

One bloke rang KB and said he bought a Melbourne Victory membership instead. Don't know if he's the sort of supporter the Victory would want...

:roll:
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

As a victory supporter, we need all the members we can get, especially early on.

As for people not re-signing as Essendon members, all i can say is f*** off!!!! Dont need you, dont want you. I hope essendon keep a record of this and if we come good with a new coach in three years time, I hope we ban these people from taking out memberships.

Ill sign up next year, even if Henneman and Bolton are the coach.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

Exactly. f*** THEM!

One of the things that has come out of this is. THE TEAM COMES FIRST!

I'll be on board, wholeheartedly backing Bluey as the next coach!
DYSON#2
Club Captain

Post by DYSON#2 »

Yeah thats spot on Doc and Rosso... Support your team through the thick and thin, they are the real fans... ala the carlton supporters who still have there memberships when they have blokes like Whitnall as Captain, thats a committed member and they will be rewarded one day. Mine will be re-newed as soon as i get the re-rego pack!
Rossoneri
Essendon Legend

Post by Rossoneri »

You know what it is? We have been spoilt for a very long time.

Ask Robbie, Filthy, Doolan and a few others what it was like watching us in the 70's? I know my dad says that we were a disgrace, yet he still went to every game at WH and a quite a few others at the other suburban grounds.

For me and many others, it's a non-issue whether we sign up or not. I didnt become an Essendon supporter because of Sheedy, I did it for the club (and my dad told me to).

When you're (see gringo) a bomber once, you're a bomber forever!!!!!!

(slogan back in 1996 I think :wink: )
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

Four flags in my 30 year lifetime. Finals in over 20 of those years.

In that time we have won almost 2/3 of all of our games. Port and Geelong are the only teams who have beaten us the same ammount or more times than we have have beaten them.

Powerhouse off the field.

and last but not least 2000

Yes we have been spoiled.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Membership always fluctuates on the success or otherwise of the club and people will always vent.

When I used to live in Melbourne, my mates and I went to every game except the interstate ones.

One of my mates was called the "Barracker" because no matter how well we were going, he could always find some fault with the team or a particular player ( he was always putting shit on Kevin Walsh).

He will be in his element at present with all the crap re Save Essendon etc.

As for members not renewing...that is their right and if they choose to do so, then such is life.

When they inevitably come back, the club will still take their money as I've never heard of a sporting club with too much money.
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

For every member that drops off, there will be just as many new ones come on to take their place.

We have over 900,000 fans in Australia - at least these numbnuts have put their money into the club at some stage.

I think its up to all Bomber Fans who are financially able, to sign up and be a part of the club in a meaningful sense
nathanskinner
Top Up Player

Post by nathanskinner »

this post got me thinking... 88 thousand on the wknd for the farewell... where were they all year?
tom9779
Club Captain

Post by tom9779 »

nathanskinner wrote:this post got me thinking... 88 thousand on the wknd for the farewell... where were they all year?
i knew half a dozen people flying down to Melbourne for it.

That wouldn't normally go.

I miss Kev, i really do. I had full faith in him to bring success to Essendon again. I think he would have quit when his time was really up.

so sad to see him go.

heartless decision, and not necessary, not with the coaching talent available on the market.
robrulz5
Essendon Legend

Post by robrulz5 »

The club will never ban people from having a membership even if they aren't true supporters, they'll be back in a few years the real supporters will be the ones who get the best rewards when we succeed because we will know how it felt to be down the bottom for a while. We will appreciate it more.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

I dont give a shit if they come back or not. I loved the club when we were ordinary, I'll always love the club.

Sometimes the best comes out of the worse. In 96, based in Canberra, I got the bus to Brisbane for the first week of finals, and watched us get done by a point, the bus to Melbourne the second week, and watched us crush The Eagles (A full MCG waving jackets and scarves), then got the bus to Sydney and watched that fking Plugger kick. Was I devistated? Yep. But on the way out the SCG that night, a rather plump young lady looked at my scarf and told me to "get back to Melbourne", well she picked the wrong bloke to mess with in the state that i was in. I told her to "get her fat fkin ass back to Jenny Craig, and hurry!!". Its b/f started to walk towards me, but I think he saw the whites in my eyes when I said "oh mate, dont let fear hold you back", he made a quich retreat. Long after the pain of that defeat has subsided, I have been dining out on that story for years.

Remember the night we lost to the Dogs in 2000? Long after the pain subsided, I can still remember the standing ovation every Essendon supporter in the crowd gave the team has they were leaving the dome.

My point is, even when times are sh*t with your club, their is almost always something good to take out of it. Ask any of the people on here who used to travel to Sydney every year for our annual BT expedition. We partied and sang twice as hard in the train/pub after the game when we lost than we did when we won.

Tear up your membership? You have to be fking joking.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

I was going to get a membership without thinking twice, but after watching us play Richmond have had to realy think about it. That effort realy was piss weak.

Now, why all the fuss about people making a choice with their money? It shouldn't be about whether they choose to get a membership or not, but the reason for why they choose not to.

The reasons I have never gotten a membership have been purely financial reason.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Essendon4eva wrote:I was going to get a membership without thinking twice, but after watching us play Richmond have had to realy think about it. That effort realy was piss weak.

Now, why all the fuss about people making a choice with their money? It shouldn't be about whether they choose to get a membership or not, but the reason for why they choose not to.

The reasons I have never gotten a membership have been purely financial reason.
Yeah, you might not be able to afford the next PPV wrestling extravaganza. Fking bandwagoner.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

Excuse me? Is it my fault I have only had a job for 12 months? f****** prick.

There is no law that says you have not invest money inot a football club. However if you actually read my post, I said purchasing a membership is not the issue the motives for making the decision is the issue.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Essendon4eva wrote:Excuse me? Is it my fault I have only had a job for 12 months? f****** prick.

There is no law that says you have not invest money inot a football club. However if you actually read my post, I said purchasing a membership is not the issue the motives for making the decision is the issue.
You should buy as much as you can now. The economy must really be flying if someone like you, with a brain the size of a small fart can hold a job for 12 months.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

Seriously mate, you ogtta get over this. There are alot of people on this baord that dislike me, but you are the only person who consistantly takes shots at me through various other posts.
If I'm such a idiot why do you care so much to consistantly take cheap shots, which only exposes your predjudice against peopel who enjoy thinks which are not the 'popular' thing to do.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Oh, I am an idiot? In one post you say you werent even going to think twice about buying a membership until our "realy" piss week effort against Richmond. Then in the next post you try and make it a financial decision. Do you ever think that it's not the fact that people dont like you, it's just that we appreciate the time we have in our life, and dont suffer fools too easily?

Because you are a fking FOOL.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

Post by BenDoolan »

Essendon4eva wrote:Seriously mate, you ogtta get over this. There are alot of people on this baord that dislike me, but you are the only person who consistantly takes shots at me through various other posts.
If I'm such a idiot why do you care so much to consistantly take cheap shots, which only exposes your predjudice against peopel who enjoy thinks which are not the 'popular' thing to do.
A quick tip. Get yourself a sense of humour and don't take yourself or anyone else so seriously.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

You think he is having a joke? seriously doubt it Doolan.

Now, did you see the performance we put in against Richmond? James Hird's send off game and we didn't even try. Do they realy deserve my or anyone else money?

And the second post was about the years previous, dickhead! Should I say it again?
"The reasons I have never gotten a membership have been purely financial reason."
'have never' is past tense. Who is the fool?
Last edited by Essendon4eva on Thu Aug 30, 2007 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.