Team: Round 22 v West Coast

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
pear
On the Rookie List

Post by pear »

Hille out - good riddance
Bleeding for the red and black
stonersmate
Top Up Player

Post by stonersmate »

pear wrote:Hille out - good riddance
I agree, i thought he was going to be a really good ruckmen for us a few years back, but now not so sure. Definetley should NOT of givin him captaincy in 06, should of gone to Mcveigh or Fletch, Hopefully he can turn things around in 08 but it looks like He doesn't have the heart anymore. Can be really great when he wants to be, but so inconsistant its not funny.
red n black til i die
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

I disagree it should have gone ot McVeigh last season. Untill this year he couldn't keep control of his temper and Fletcher didn't want it.

As far as Hille goes. Great upside, and has been inconsistant. I think he has had trouble coming to terms with not playing as much time in the ruck.
Could be an attitude thing or just on on field thing.

I doubt we can do much better, so give him the next year and see if he can adapt on the field or mature a bit and take it on the chin that he is going to have to share time in the ruck with Laycock.
stonersmate
Top Up Player

Post by stonersmate »

Essendon4eva wrote:I disagree it should have gone ot McVeigh last season. Untill this year he couldn't keep control of his temper and Fletcher didn't want it.

As far as Hille goes. Great upside, and has been inconsistant. I think he has had trouble coming to terms with not playing as much time in the ruck.

I doubt we can do much better, so give him the next year and see if he can adapt on the field or mature a bit and take it on the chin that he is going to have to share time in the ruck with Laycock.
Doesn't matter man Mcveigh is, and always has been a determined player for the Bombers, determined to win no matter what so what if he gave away a few frees, everyone does. At least he's got heart unlike Hille, who doesn't give a shit about his team
red n black til i die
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

So if MJ is out, yet Heffernan and Bolton are presumably in to play their final games for the club, is it safe to assume one of the following:

1. MJ will not be de-listed come season's end, because if Heff and Bolton are getting a farewell game before being de-listed, then surely MJ would get one as well; or

2. Heff and Bolton actually aren't being de-listed?

For the record, i'm assuming (1) is the case.
bueller
High Draft Pick

Post by bueller »

When i saw the team i initially thought Bolton, Bradley, Pev & Heffernan might be playing for their careers - but the more i think about it the more i agree that the writing is already on the wall for Heff and Bolts.
So what to make of Bradley & Pev? Maybe they are handpicked by Hirdy to play in his last game.

I think Hirdy picked the players who he wants to come in - but not necessarily the ones to go out.. Meaning Sheedy has maybe omitted MJ & Hille as he did a few weeks ago - and is still making a statement about the two ie attitude and form.
"your'e like a girl standing out the front of a chemist…..Too scared to go in and get the pill!"
ealesy
Champion of Essendon

Post by ealesy »

Essendon4eva wrote:
As far as Hille goes. Great upside, and has been inconsistant.
Only one problem with that...people have been saying that about David Hille for the past 3-4 seasons. Just doesn't seem capable of taking that next step up.
Sismis
Champion of Essendon

Post by Sismis »

Hille is a decent ruckman and a more than handy forward. may not be in Cox/Sandi category but he generally gets the job done. hes a good big man and they are hard to come by.

interesting reading

http://www.bombertalk4.com/viewtopic.ph ... ht=laycock
Gyoza
Club Captain

Post by Gyoza »

Sismis wrote:Hille is a decent ruckman and a more than handy forward. may not be in Cox/Sandi category but he generally gets the job done. hes a good big man and they are hard to come by.

interesting reading

http://www.bombertalk4.com/viewtopic.ph ... ht=laycock
Good call posting that link. I`m sure if we dug a little deeper we`d find a couple praising Hille earlier this year. People have some short memories at times. Yes he`s been rubbish the last few games, but he`s hardly the lone ranger and he`s had good games as well.
bombercol
Regular Senior Player

Post by bombercol »

Houli is named as an emergency and not named for Bendigo.

Could a late change happen?

Sheedy's argument about Watson's leg speed for Subi becomes a bit of a laugh given that Heffernan and Peverill aren't the fastest players going around.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

stonersmate wrote:
Essendon4eva wrote:I disagree it should have gone ot McVeigh last season. Untill this year he couldn't keep control of his temper and Fletcher didn't want it.

Doesn't matter man Mcveigh is, and always has been a determined player for the Bombers, determined to win no matter what so what if he gave away a few frees, everyone does. At least he's got heart unlike Hille, who doesn't give a shit about his team
Didn't say I would prefer Hille over McVeigh. However McVeigh was too undiscipline to be the captain of our club.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

That team is far too tall and slow, especially considering that the game will be played at Subi and against the fast Eagles, even if Judd and Kerr don't play they will kill us through the middle.

What odds on an Eagles win by 150+? :roll:

What will be the line-up? Lloyd, Neagle, Gumbleton and Lucas up forward and Fletcher, Michael and Ryder in defence? I suppose at least Ryder won't be there all game to play ruck, but with Bolton in the middle this team is f*****. And dear god that still doesn't have Bradley anywhere. Surely this is proof that Sheedy can't coach in the modern game. If we win I'll look like a bit of a dick!
jimmyc1985 wrote:So if MJ is out, yet Heffernan and Bolton are presumably in to play their final games for the club, is it safe to assume one of the following:

1. MJ will not be de-listed come season's end, because if Heff and Bolton are getting a farewell game before being de-listed, then surely MJ would get one as well; or

2. Heff and Bolton actually aren't being de-listed?

For the record, i'm assuming (1) is the case.
Well you can't tell, because presumably the new coach will be determining who stays and goes anyway.

Also Hird apparently had a big say in the team, perhaps they inclusions reveal his best mates at the club.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.