Heffernan and Bolts play their Last Game

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Heffernan and Bolts play their Last Game

Post by Windy_Hill »

Looks to me like a farewell gesture to these 2 lads

(keep in mind that Hird picked the team this week)

I would think both boys have been told that their services will no longer be required

Good luck to them both

As disapointing as it has been for both players, no one can ever doubt their courage to simply get out there and have a go
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

For me, it won't be over 'til the fat lady starts titillating her toncils. I remember last year when Bolts was brought in for our last match v Bulldogs and led the team off the ground, most people assumed that that was the end, but of course he got another year.

That said, i'd be very surprised if this wasn't the last match for both Heff and Bolts. I congratulate both of them on their careers which, although not as sparkling as some, at least were characterised by being 'good blokes' with good attitudes.

And as i commented on in another thread, if this is their last game, i'd readily draw an inference that Mark Johnson will be playing next year (otherwise he wouldn't have been omitted).
stonersmate
Top Up Player

Post by stonersmate »

They've both been great clubmen and players for the bombers, if not slighty embarrasing at times. Bolton should've gone a couple of years ago, and Heff, really shouldn't of come back. Well and truly the time to go.
red n black til i die
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Heffernan will certainly retire with Hirdy and Campo may yet join them after his knee injury.

Will Bolts retire or try his luck elsewhere?
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Every year it looks like a farewell to Bolton. I'll believe it when it happens.
j-mac31
Essendon Legend

Post by j-mac31 »

Irrelevant who is playing this week: the new coach should be choosing who stays and who goes.
Aaron Francis is the Messiah.
dodgey
Champion of Essendon

Post by dodgey »

robbie67 wrote:Every year it looks like a farewell to Bolton. I'll believe it when it happens.
precisely.....
tonysoprano
Club Captain

Post by tonysoprano »

I think they will be gone at years end.

But I also think Bolton had an excellent match v Braun earlier in the season and may do the job again today. If he can maybe Aker will accuse Bolts of being on EPO too!