Will any Essendon players make All Australian?

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
DYSON#2
Club Captain

Will any Essendon players make All Australian?

Post by DYSON#2 »

I dont know when it will be announced but i cant really think of anyone that will make AA in 2007.. I think Fletch is our best chance but he will have some tough competition.
So my nomination is Dustbin Fletcher (with no confidence)
dom_105
Club Captain

Post by dom_105 »

Fletcher is the best bet
Lucas is having a "All/Australian season" but will miss out
IMO McVeigh could, but won't.
Hird was inline for a spot until he got injured.

That's about it.
Last edited by dom_105 on Thu Aug 30, 2007 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

You'd hope Fletch will make it. He certainly would've made it if he hadn't have been injured recently.

Other than that, you might be able to sneak McVeigh into a back pocket or flank, although other players like Malceski, Campbell Brown, Lockyer, Jed Adcock and Jason Gram might squeeze him out.

Lucas might've been a show if the season was only 14 rounds long, but his second half of the season hasn't been as good as his first half.
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Agree with Jimmy

Fletch half a chance

Scotty's recent form has been pretty average

McVeigh jsut has got the PR that less effective players seem to get
stonersmate
Top Up Player

Post by stonersmate »

Yeah i agree with ya's Mcveigh or Fletch would be best bet, but unlikely. Lucas would've made AA CHF if he was played in the Forward line for the second half of the season. Can't see any other players getting anywhere near it.
red n black til i die
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Keps may win the VFL gong??
DYSON#2
Club Captain

Post by DYSON#2 »

i dont think they would have found a spot for lucas with Brownies, Pavs and Reiwolts having good years
stonersmate
Top Up Player

Post by stonersmate »

Lucas has kicked more goals than Reiwoldt, was going toe 2 toe with Pav for first half of the season til Lucas was shifted down back, and has since kicked f*** all goals. Brown, well Browns a freak. His last half of the season has been fantastic. Still, Lucas is good enough to make it.
red n black til i die
pear
On the Rookie List

Post by pear »

I will be surprised if any of our guys make it.
Bleeding for the red and black
pear
On the Rookie List

Post by pear »

PS - I am actually attending the All Australian dinner as a guest of a sponsor. Gotta be happy with that.
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

pear wrote:PS - I am actually attending the All Australian dinner as a guest of a sponsor. Gotta be happy with that.
Good.

I command you to get awkwardly drunk, stumble up onto the stage, abuse whoever is presenting at the time (especially if that person is Andrew Demetriou, Adrian Anderson or Kevin Bartlett), yell conspiracy theories, and, after being forcefully evicted in total ignominy, blame the entire episode on your medication.
Mrs Mercuri
Champion of Essendon

Post by Mrs Mercuri »

Lucas would have if he kept his early season form going. I doubt that any will make the squad this year.
pear
On the Rookie List

Post by pear »

jimmyc1985 wrote:
pear wrote:PS - I am actually attending the All Australian dinner as a guest of a sponsor. Gotta be happy with that.
Good.

I command you to get awkwardly drunk, stumble up onto the stage, abuse whoever is presenting at the time (especially if that person is Andrew Demetriou, Adrian Anderson or Kevin Bartlett), yell conspiracy theories, and, after being forcefully evicted in total ignominy, blame the entire episode on your medication.
Well, you are Club Captain, so how can I refuse a direct command?

I was thinking of creating a scene, like that guy who stumbled onto stage and pushed over Stephen Mayne at the Walkley Awards.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

jimmyc1985 wrote:
Good.

:lol:
jimmyc1985
Champion of Essendon

Post by jimmyc1985 »

pear wrote:
jimmyc1985 wrote:
Good.

I was thinking of creating a scene, like that guy who stumbled onto stage and pushed over Stephen Mayne at the Walkley Awards.
Instructions for your perusal and immediate consideration contained herein:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IamdZlffbYU
pear
On the Rookie List

Post by pear »

jimmyc1985 wrote:
pear wrote:
jimmyc1985 wrote:
Good.

Instructions for your perusal and immediate consideration contained herein:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IamdZlffbYU
CLASSIC!

Message understood. When arrested I think I am going to use the 'Bourne Identity' defence.
KaaN10
Regular Senior Player

Post by KaaN10 »

Lucas/Fletcher if anything.
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

At the half way mark of the season, you would have said Lucas, Hird, Fletcher, McVeigh, Stanton, Watson were all possibilities. But as they (and the rest of the team) went off the boil in the second half, I doubt any will make it now.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

Fletcher should get in. If a Ruckamn could be named in the forward pocket I think Fletcher can be squezed in the pocket or some where like that.

Lucas hasn't had a great second half to the season while a guy like Jonathon Brown has realy stepped up and played witha presence Lucas lacks. He demands the media attention, unlike Scotty.