GREAT SCOTT!

Talk about everything Essendon. Past, Present and Future if it's about the Bombers this is the place to be.
BenDoolan
Essendon Legend

GREAT SCOTT!

Post by BenDoolan »

Scott Lucas is a champion. What a phenomenal effort. Who was it that suggested we trade this bloke? You have to be F****** kidding!
Jazz_84
Essendon Legend

Post by Jazz_84 »

he is a dead set massive asset to this team and will never leave the EFC!!!!!
Kakadu Kangaroos
Captain of the first BomberTalk International Test Squad
BT Soccer World Cup Champion
Captain of the Bombertalk Reds 3rd with 4 wins - 108.30%
(6 games) - 65 kicks, 33 marks, 52 handballs, 4 tackles, 3 Hit Outs, 2 goals
KaaN10
Regular Senior Player

Post by KaaN10 »

Should never play CHB again!
Gossy7
Club Captain

Post by Gossy7 »

Was brilliant today.

Has always had a beautiful set of hands and it was in full force today. Thye had no one that could get near his long arms.

Fantastic effort!
Windy_Hill
Champion of Essendon

Post by Windy_Hill »

Ubelieveable, the greatest single qtr of football I have seen - unlucky not to have been awarded a free 30 metres out towards the end.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Glenn Wakovich suggested it was the best indvidual quarter he had ever seen. The only two I can think that comes close is Hird in that game against the same opponet, and Plugger for StKilda against Syndey when he won it off his own boot with 6 (i think) in the last quarter.
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

Add Gary Moorcroft to that list as well. 5 or 6 goals AND the mark of the century.

Scotty is an absolute legend but he's thirty. If the new coach feels we're not going to win a flag by 2010 with our current list then I'd have no hesitation trade him or Lloyd while they still have value and tool up for the next flag. If we are a shot for 09/10 then by all means load up in trade week - trade early picks, whatever - and have a crack.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Andrew, have a look at the other power forwards around the league. Most of them can play, and play well mind you up until their mid-30's. You can trade flash in the pan players who have good seasons here and there, but dont you trade away guys who are great EVERY year. They are the fabric of the club.
andrewb
Regular Senior Player

Post by andrewb »

Yeah - agree that sort of consistency is the fabric of the club and agree that Lloyd and Lucas are massively important to our current team. And if we can win a grand final by 2010, even if that means trading early draft picks, then let's send them off in style. If we can't then both parties are better off parting company.

BUT... if the new coach comes in with the standard "five year plan" that seems to be the norm these days it's worth noting that neither of these guys will be around when it comes to fruition.
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

andrewb wrote:BUT... if the new coach comes in with the standard "five year plan" that seems to be the norm these days it's worth noting that neither of these guys will be around when it comes to fruition.
Then you keep them to build towards that flag. Young players need mentoring, it doesnt matter how many great draft picks you get, if you dont have great veteran players who are good rold models, you dont get anywhere. Have a look at StKilda, Richmond or The Bulldogs. It's why Carlton are still miles away from being top 4 again.
Madden
Club Captain

Post by Madden »

I think Lucas is pretty ordinary myself.

Hack.
swoodley
Champion of Essendon

Post by swoodley »

Staggy wrote:I think Lucas is pretty ordinary myself.

Hack.
Harsh, Staggy, Harsh :wink:
"You can quote me on this... He is gawn" - bomberdonnie re Hurley's contract status 25 February 2012
bomberdonnie
Champion of Essendon

Post by bomberdonnie »

Suggesting to trade Scotty or Lloyd is suggesting that you are an imbecile that has no idea about the EFC or footy... ******* stupid suggestion!!!
Boyler_Room
Champion of Essendon

Post by Boyler_Room »

One of the best individual quarters of football you will ever see anywhere. Ever.
Former Captain of Kakadu Kangaroos - Inaugural OD Champions

Duckling Finance
Making Dreams Come True
Finance Consultant
billyduckworth
Club Captain

Post by billyduckworth »

Maybe the new coach might make Scotty captain?! :?:
stonersmate
Top Up Player

Post by stonersmate »

LUUUUUCCCCAAAASSSS. f****** star. nearly did for hirdy on his own... nearly.
red n black til i die
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Re: GREAT SCOTT!

Post by Essendon4eva »

BenDoolan wrote:Scott Lucas is a champion. What a phenomenal effort. Who was it that suggested we trade this bloke? You have to be F****** kidding!
Never questioned his skills as a players, when I suggested that.

I've never seen Lucas play with the strength and presence he showed in that last quater.
Essendon4eva
High Draft Pick

Post by Essendon4eva »

Would you like me to pull up the quote again? I think you also have a memory problem. You know what, stay tuned I will get the quote. :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What is everyone's opinion on trading Scott Lucas? There is no doubting he has been and ia very good center half forward. However I've alwasy thought his weaknesses are his presence and that when a smaller, more athletic player is one him, he gets beat.
With Lloyd in the side and a few more tall KPP coming through do you think it would be a good idea to trade Lucas? Not for anything that get's offered but for the right offer.

We could easily get some talented medfielder's from the Bulldogs, or even a hard bodied ball winner from West Coast.
In the second sentance I give him credit for being a great center-half forward, but follow it with a few of his weaknesses. Then I suggest not to jsut get rid of him, but see if we can get some quality for him.

Thanks for trying robbie. Have you sought out help yet?
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Fact is you wanted him traded for a "medfielder". Is that what your mother is?
robbie67
Essendon Legend

Post by robbie67 »

Good to see the economy is still on fire.